Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Oh no thought she was left behind at RTE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Who's the dope having a poetry orgasm about a train journey now?

She used to be on his RTE show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Didn't realise he was back till I read the thread just now. Thank fook. That yoke on rte is unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Didn't realise he was back till I read the thread just now. Thank fook. That yoke on rte is unbearable

who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Marie Louise O'Donnell

She's like the female version of Michael D.
    I found her piece on the Limerick-Galway railway enjoyable though - "the granite crochet walls", "the ugly architecture" were apt descriptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    who?

O'callaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

O'callaghan

oh right, havent been listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Oh no thought she was left behind at RTE!!
    It's funny, Pat used to have MLOD on his show on RTE. Sean O'Rourke inherited her without much enthusiasm it seemed to me.

Now she's on Pat's show on Newstalk. I can't imagine that anyone on the production team there wanted her on, so I can only conclude that she is on at Pat's request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

That's her shtick, everything is magnificent.

Gets old after twenty seconds.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Of course you'd think like that when you're on a gravy "train" (;)) like she is.

Getting paid to go on a jolly to Galway? Sure that is magnificient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Ah Jayz, not MLOD. Her exuberance at the banal is too much. The Callan version of her is spot on though!

QueensGael wrote: »
    Ah Jayz, not MLOD. Her exuberance at the banal is too much. The Callan version of her is spot on though!
    "I once milked a fox!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Gets old after twenty seconds.

A little of MLOD goes a long, long way but she knows how to "milk" the gravy train for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Now that PK is back from his holliers, maybe we can desist from the brain dead comments on the personalities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Regarding MLOD I’d say her expenses are interesting reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Regarding MLOD I’d say her expenses are interesting reading

Why would you say that?

Stirring things or evidence based?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

zell12 wrote: »
    Marie Louise O'Donnell

She's like the female version of Michael D.
    I found her piece on the Limerick-Galway railway enjoyable though - "the granite crochet walls", "the ugly architecture" were apt descriptions

Ardra-HAN, Croosheen (Crusheen) :rolleyes:

If she is going to list off the names of places, she could try to pronounce them properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Ardra-HAN, Croosheen (Crusheen) :rolleyes:

If she is going to list off the names of places, she could try to pronounce them properly!

It's art dahling. She's interpreting the placenames.

She's some spacer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

I know it's been mentioned before but the phone lines used by Newstalk are a disgrace !!

• Advertisement

Book Clubs are so early 2000s bourgeois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I missed the name of the book they were discussing - did anyone get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

I missed the name of the book they were discussing - did anyone get it?

It was called "Men are Baaaaaad" lol

Whisper Network by Chandler Baker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

5555555555 wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned before but the phone lines used by Newstalk are a disgrace !!

To be fair, NT are at the mercy of the local environment of the call.

I very much doubt if their telecoms supplier lays on specific facilities, so they just have the number of lines they pay for and data connections, etc. All 'digital' i.e their exchange, like all the others, handles calls as 1s and 0s. However, the quality of the other end of the call is a lottery. We are all familiar with dropout, especially on a mobile phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BarryM wrote: »
    To be fair, NT are at the mercy of the local environment of the call.

I very much doubt if their telecoms supplier lays on specific facilities, so they just have the number of lines they pay for and data connections, etc. All 'digital' i.e their exchange, like all the others, handles calls as 1s and 0s. However, the quality of the other end of the call is a lottery. We are all familiar with dropout, especially on a mobile phone.

Yeah but if you were making a call to a national radio broadcaster your try to get to a place with good reception or use a landline. It happens too frequently to be excusable, they're seems to be an acceptance amongst the sound engineering staff that it's ok but I don't know if it happens as much on RTE for example.

Pat himself has commented on it.

I remember listening to a podcast on NT and it was recorded in a room/studio in which the door was constantly being opened. Every time it was, you could hear ambient sounds from outside the room and then hear it swing and close shut. 55 minutes that podcast was and it lasted the whole way through it. Drove me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Would it not have been a good idea of the Data Protection Commissioner to contact the other department when this card was mooted.

Or was it better for Helen Dixon to knowingly let them set up the card so that they could have their big victory today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's a godsend in fairness. Rather than hunting for your birth cert, something with your PPS number etc, you can just hand them your card.
    These civil liberties crowd are a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Would it not have been a good idea of the Data Protection Commissioner to contact the other department when this card was mooted.

Or was it better for Helen Dixon to knowingly let them set up the card so that they could have their big victory today?

People involved in data protection have been going on about this since it was introduced/since it started to slide into other departments. It's not a big surprise that the Commissioner sprung on the departments.

Also it is not the Data Protection Comissioner's job to act as a Data Protection consultant to every government department, the Comissioner's role is outlined in legislation.

That the government departments went at this half cocked is 100% at their doorstep. Too easy for people to blame the Comissioner for doing her job while ignoring the incompetence for the departments involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It's a godsend in fairness. Rather than hunting for your birth cert, something with your PPS number etc, you can just hand them your card.
    These civil liberties crowd are a dose.

Why is it that the same people who get all hot and bothered about the PPS card have no problem giving their entire life & the lives of their children to the likes of Facebook etc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    Why is it that the same people who get all hot and bothered about the PPS card have no problem giving their entire life & the lives of their children to the likes of Facebook etc :rolleyes:
    While I take your point, have you considered that there are people who are "hot and bothered about the PPS card" and who are not on Facebook et al for the same reasons?

Advertisement