Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Barna77 wrote: »
    Was PK slagging Sean Spicer just because he's going to be on Dancing with the Stars?

Probably. It's deserved. :)

That and the 'biggest crowd. Period.' and hiding in the bushes which he he's remembered for. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

the fake news/fake memories topic last Friday was very interesting. Obviously Trump got a mention. Some lad texted in claiming that CNN heavily edited Trumps comments after the clashes in charlottesville last year making it look like he supported the white nationalists, but according to texter Trump condemned both sides. Pat disagreed and promised the texter he would dig it out and play the full unedited press conference next week.
    I wonder has Pat created a fake memories of his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

monstermag wrote: »
    the fake news/fake memories topic last Friday was very interesting. Obviously Trump got a mention. Some lad texted in claiming that CNN heavily edited Trumps comments after the clashes in charlottesville last year making it look like he supported the white nationalists, but according to texter Trump condemned both sides. Pat disagreed and promised the texter he would dig it out and play the full unedited press conference next week.
    I wonder has Pat created a fake memories of his own.

Often been watching a film and would have put my life on it containing a certain line or scene that turned out different to what I remembered or even completely absent.
    The old mind has mind of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

is this guy f=cking serious ????????
    Saying Donald Trump is against the "liberal" values of the G7 ???
    And what about Iran ???

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

kneemos wrote: »
    Often been watching a film and would have put my life on it containing a certain line or scene that turned out different to what I remembered or even completely absent.
    The old mind has mind of its own.

Apparently everyone is susceptible doesn't matter if you're left, right, religious, atheist, agnostic etc. False memories can be positive but can also be terribly dangerous, but for the most part go unnoticed.
    I'm still waiting for Pat to play the CNN clip he promised. I did a little digging myself and found a press conference in which trump does condemn the far right and dismisses them as a bunch of lossers, it was quite a good speech but it didn't get much traction in the media as they zeroed in on one out of context soundbite, thus creating outrage which kept the cycle going for a little while longer. I'm not having a go at CNN (probably am) but in general l think they are fairly reliable, but my rule of thumb is digest several different resources and somewhere in between lies the truth or as near as possible.
    l don't think there's a hell of a lot of difference between Republicans and Democrats. Staunch party allegiance is probably causing the divide in the states at the moment and it's been going on for quite some time. This whole mantra of Republicans equal bad and Democrats equal good and vice versa is really destructive. At least here in Ireland most of us think both main parties are ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

MLO'D on the Dublin to Cork train, merciful mother of god. "Limerick Junction, it's like an intersection". :eek:

QueensGael wrote: »
    MLO'D on the Dublin to Cork train, merciful mother of god. "Limerick Junction, it's like an intersection". :eek:

Painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

MLO, D is the female Gerald Keane, insufferable but also irrepressible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

MLO'D
    Truly awful radio - I switched off when I heard her coming on.

Now, no-one forced Pat to have this one on his show, so it must his choice.

Let's hear the Pat fanboys defend that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

After listening to this woman, I think I'm never taking a train again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

serfboard wrote: »
    Truly awful radio - I switched off when I heard her coming on.

Now, no-one forced Pat to have this one on his show, so it must his choice.

Let's hear the Pat fanboys defend that!

I'm a fan of programme but this is painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

She really fancies herself as a Joycean raconteur :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

She really fancies herself as a Joycean raconteur :rolleyes:

I heard this segment while I was driving. It sounded like she was reading an essay by a junior cert student who was trying to pad out a couple of pages of an essay with whatever rubbish came into their head.
    Absolute drivel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Has anyone listened to Pascal interview ?
    Answering all questions without answering them, reading of a FG press script
    Why bother interviewing these muppets when they don’t answer real questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

In fairness, I didn’t think he did too bad - if you want to look at chaos in Government you need to look no further than across the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Who is this American pro-Trump pro-Brexit pro-Israel commentator?
    She's really projecting the winner takes all approach, talking about playing the game right. Right or wrong has nothing to do with it.... just play the game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Not a great start to Peadar Toibin's weekend.

humberklog wrote: »
    Not a great start to Peadar Toibin's weekend.

The crazy wing of sinn fein.

Well Pat dipped those crazy wings into some creamy blue cheese sauce and flicked the bones back in Peadar's face.

You're a bit out of date there.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Peadar Tóibín ... resigned from Sinn Féin on 15 November 2018 after opposing the party whip on the Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Act 2018 due to his anti-abortion views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

What happened, what did Peader say?

Some mad notion about having their northern MP's sitting in the Dail.

If we were to keep Dail representation at one per 30,000, NI would be entitled to have 60 TDs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Stirring it :rolleyes:

Well Pat wasn't having much of anything he was saying but in particular that Aontu (like Sinn Fein) would run in NI general elections but wouldn't sit in Westminster.

Worth a listen back for blast of classic Kenny moreso than Peadar.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Well I think it was more nuanced than that, something about Northern MPs sitting on Dáil committees or something like that. Nonsense idea all the same.

And something about Seanad appointments. Pat was more receptive to that idea.

BillyBird wrote: »
    Well I think it was more nuanced than that, something about Northern MPs sitting on Dáil committees or something like that. Nonsense idea all the same.

And something about Seanad appointments. Pat was more receptive to that idea.

I think they already do sit on some Dail committees.
    Yer man straight up wanted them in the Dail,despite their refusal to go to Westminster.

These religious zealot nutbags need a torque wrench taken to whatever loose nuts causes them to fly over ditches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I think they already do sit on some Dail committees.
    Yer man straight up wanted them in the Dail,despite their refusal to go to Westminster.

These religious zealot nutbags need a torque wrench taken to whatever loose nuts causes them to fly over ditches.

You have a way with words no doubt about it. :)

The Sinn Fein Party is its own crazy wing.

Toibín's AONTÚ is just Continuity Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

humberklog wrote: »
    Well Pat dipped those crazy wings into some creamy blue cheese sauce and flicked the bones back in Peadar's face.

Poor Peadar got an unmerciful kicking no doubt.

Advertisement