Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Lovely inspiring report, well done Pat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ugh. I hate it when the discussion is spoiled by obstreporous-attention-seeking-teenager-in-middle-aged-man's-body, Ian O'Doherty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Lovely inspiring report, well done Pat!

I found the ultra-repetitive schoolkids section tedious: ("Hi what's your name where are you from do you like it here?") x 20...

Knocked it over to SO'R only to find another "sure aren't we a great little country punching above our weight sure who else gets to give a disinterested American politician a bowl of weeds every year?" segment with some 22-year-old journalist who thinks this is new.

Between that and tech-corporate-bootlicker Jess Kelly going on about Seattle, and it wasn't a great morning radio experience for me...

I found the ultra-repetitive schoolkids section tedious: ("Hi what's your name where are you from do you like it here?") x 20...

Knocked it over to SO'R only to find another "sure aren't we a great little country punching above our weight sure who else gets to give a disinterested American politician a bowl of weeds every year?" segment with some 22-year-old journalist who thinks this is new.

Between that and tech-corporate-bootlicker Jess Kelly going on about Seattle, and it wasn't a great morning radio experience for me...

Let love into your heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

This reporting on Balbriggan by Pat would nearly make you want to move there. it's all peace and harmony, love and kisses.
    I'm sure Pat is visiting his local Estate Agent to sell that pad in Dalkey as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ugh. I hate it when the discussion is spoiled by obstreporous-attention-seeking-teenager-in-middle-aged-man's-body, Ian O'Doherty.

I don't always agree with everything he says but I do like him.

He was mad to talk earlier though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Good woman, and a Tipp woman too, so I hope she did.

Borrisokane is my nearest 'big town', and most people I know down home are fairly mortified by the recent attention. Those apartments that are planned to house the new locals are in a tiny development. Borris's schools and GP's have a catchment area of approximately 1,500 people. 15 new households aren't going to put a dent in local services.

It's a great little town, and the only thing it needs is population growth. And a decent hurling team. Might kill two birds with one stone.

It was always a dump and never heard it described as a "big town"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

It was pretty ridiculous reporting. Interviewing the kids in the school in front of the other students and teachers and expecting them to freely air their grievances. Like going in to Newstalk and asking them what they think of Denis in front of the other staff. It's dishonest reporting and they completely ignored all the issues with gang violence that happened in Balbriggan last year. Balbriggan is far from being the multicultural utopia that Newstalk want you to believe it is.

And for a man who is cock a hoop about the joys of multiculturalism and how humans enrich each other's lives - it's funny how Pat himself objects to any housing plan that is proposed near him. Seems that Pat would like to build the world a home and furnish it with other people's love.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    It was always a dump and never heard it described as a "big town"?
    I wasn't being entirely serious.

In any case, it isn't a dump now, and it certainly won't be after the new people come. Towns like Borrisokane, or Fethard, or Mountmellick or Lahinch can easily absorb such small numbers of immigrants.

Wasn't that the whole point of the Oughterard 'not-a-racist' protest? That new migrants shouldn't overwhelm local services? Well they aren't. So what gives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I wasn't being entirely serious.

In any case, it isn't a dump now, and it certainly won't be after the new people come. Towns like Borrisokane, or Fethard, or Mountmellick or Lahinch can easily absorb such small numbers of immigrants.

Wasn't that the whole point of the Oughterard 'not-a-racist' protest? That new migrants shouldn't overwhelm local services? Well they aren't. So what gives?

Thought they were refugees?

• Advertisement

Londonderry Pat????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Londonderry Pat????
    To keep yer man happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Londonderry Pat????

Probably to humour Flegory Campbell and prevent him hanging up before he'd even started speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Final Balbriggan “report” on now, hope you’ve your notepads at the ready, lads.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The blacks guys! They mentioned the blacks! Gangs!

It's all happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

No bias Pat.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

I thought I was mishearing things! Pat talking about planning objections and how frivolous, NIMBY type objections need to be ignored or ruled out.
    What an absolute two faced hypocrite!

Can you imagine the texts he got in about his comments and I bet they were all screened out by hjis team before he saw them. The man lives in an absolute bubble. Puts his happy clappy 'journalistic' reports from Balbriggan into perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

lola85 wrote: »
    No bias Pat.

Embarrassing.

He really does hates the planners.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

House Hacking or as non aresholes say "renting a room".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

House Hacking or as non aresholes say "renting a room".

And here was me thinking it was a new form of cybercrime thanks to unnecessarily advanced white goods.

• Advertisement

None said the Dole!!

Interesting about Ulster Bank and PSD2

Interview with Dar Cassidy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Is Kate O'Connell angling for a side job as a News talk presenter ?

Always on and painful to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

5555555555 wrote: »

From time to time, certain party spokespeople are sent out to bat for the parties.

It's obviously Kate's turn at the moment, because she was on The Late Debate the other night too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

5555555555 wrote: »

Well she can certainly match Pat Kenny in the "shouting over your guest" stakes - the pair of them were ridiculous at one point, voices rising and neither would give in and let the other speak. Childish and rude, and an increasing trend in current affairs programmes these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was wondering how Pat Kenny would put a negative slant on the US mission to take out Al-Baghdadi and he didnt fail.

That he wasnt given a proper burial like Obama gave Bin Laden and Al-Baghdadi being elderly and no longer a threat were two of Pats finer moments this morning.

Cuffe is a ignorant dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Pig ignorant, just talks over anyone who doesn't agree with his point.

• Advertisement

I was hit by cyclists on paths 3 times in last 3 years once sprained my hand, Cuffes a liar

Advertisement