Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Quite interesting to see how the media are permitting the rehabilitation of Lorraine Clifford Lee for her very offensive remarks. Seems to be that Kevin Myers made far less offensive remarks but was crucified because of who he was. Complete hypocrisy the response on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They’re talking about her now, Ian O’Doherty is the only one sticking it to her. The rest seem to be sympathetic.
    Bugger, I turned off for the psoriasis in pregnancy item - not what I want to hear about over my morning coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Quite interesting to see how the media are permitting the rehabilitation of Lorraine Clifford Lee for her very offensive remarks. Seems to be that Kevin Myers made far less offensive remarks but was crucified because of who he was. Complete hypocrisy the response on this.

Criticising women in any way is very risky for men in the media. A few weeks ago a doctor was on The Last Word saying that zero alcohol was the recommendation for pregnant women and there were complaints that a male should be dictating this to women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

5555555555 wrote: »
    Criticising women in any way is very risky for men in the media. A few weeks ago a doctor was on The Last Word saying that zero alcohol was the recommendation for pregnant women and there were complaints that a male should be dictating this to women.
    Are you serious? That is absolutely tragic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Her comments are from 8 years ago. Myers’ output was dealt with when it came out.

You’d have to imagine that he had a target on his back with the way things went.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Her remarks were harmless

I find the idea of a black dwarf with ginger hair funny, it's a description of someone's profile and one you don't see too often

You’d have to imagine that he had a target on his back with the way things went.

It did seem sometimes like he had accumulated a few enemies over the years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Quite an eye opening discussion with Carol Duffy (Imen of Dundalk Muslim Centre). She was talking about her experience dealing with Lisa Smith over the years.

Clear and frank interviewee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

humberklog wrote: »
    Quite an eye opening discussion with Carol Duffy (Imen of Dundalk Muslim Centre). She was talking about her experience dealing with Lisa Smith over the years.

Yeah very frank direct interview from a Muslim woman with a Louth accent. Great spokesperson for the community up there - knows Ms Smith and in summary believes she's a nutjob regardless of religion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

franglan wrote: »
    Yeah very frank direct interview from a Muslim woman with a Louth accent. Great spokesperson for the community up there - knows Ms Smith and in summary believes she's a nutjob regardless of religion!

My question, and not anti Muslim, what prompts a person to dress like that in 2019?

I have lived and worked in a number of predominantly muslim countries and about half of them don't have people dressed like that.

It certainly requires courage in "holy catholic ireland"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

humberklog wrote: »

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-pat-kenny-show/former-friend-lisa-smith-talks-smiths-imminent-return-ireland

Good interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

BarryM wrote: »
    My question, and not anti Muslim, what prompts a person to dress like that in 2019?

I have lived and worked in a number of predominantly muslim countries and about half of them don't have people dressed like that.

It certainly requires courage in "holy catholic ireland"

I'd love it - you could have a bad hair and pajama day and no-one would know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'd love it - you could have a bad hair and pajama day and no-one would know!

I don't think that is quite the spirit of it :D

Interview now with former Google employee.
    Nefarious practices by Cisco amongst other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Cripes Margaret Hickey, you need to not hold the phone so close and slow down with the speech. I get that you don't want women priests but nobody can hear your argument.

Call me Al wrote: »
    Cripes Margaret, you need to not hold the phone so close and slow down with the speech. I get that you don't want women priests but nobody can hear you.

Pat should have cut her off a few times, she was going off on mad ones there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Pat should have cut her off a few times, she was going off on mad ones there.

She was like a possessed woman. I couldn't understand a thing she was saying through whole sections of the hysterical monologues. He did try to interject a couple of times but she was so caught up she couldn't seem to stop..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Great hour of radio just there. Pat visited Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭mattser

Great hour of radio just there. Pat visited Mountjoy.

And ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cue the dick wads on here who still defend Trump.

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    And ?

“The Auld Triangle” was referenced and played. Bit too much for my taste.

They did a lot to point out that prisons aren’t that bad but they don’t get Sky Sports so it’s bad enough to not want to be there but nice enough that it’s not hell.

Stressed that it’s not like the American system, now they were focusing on the “lights out/lockdown” set up but it seemed a hidden reference to the level of sexual assault that goes on in their ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭mattser

“The Auld Triangle” was referenced and played. Bit too much for my taste.

They did a lot to point out that prisons aren’t that bad but they don’t get Sky Sports so it’s bad enough to not want to be there but nice enough that it’s not hell.

Stressed that it’s not like the American system, now they were focusing on the “lights out/lockdown” set up but it seemed a hidden reference to the level of sexual assault that goes on in their ones.

Hardly a groundbreaking great hour of broadcasting in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Cue the dick wads on here who still defend Trump.

The Trump presidency has been a complete circus since the day he was elected.

I'll be glad when he's gone, then maybe we'll hear less about US politics.

Pat will be disappointed when Trump actually goes.

Arse in his pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

The Trump presidency has been a complete circus since the day he was elected.

I'll be glad when he's gone, then maybe we'll hear less about US politics.

Pat will be disappointed when Trump actually goes.

The circus has been the hysterical, unhinged approach adopted by the likes of Kenny when covering anything Trump related. It's really been an eye opener into the mindset of a lot of these Dublin journos.

The circus has been the hysterical, unhinged approach adopted by the likes of Kenny when covering anything Trump related. It's really been an eye opener into the mindset of a lot of these Dublin journos.

So you honestly dont think Trump is corrupt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

So you honestly dont think Trump is corrupt?

I haven't seen any evidence that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

I haven't seen any evidence that he is.

You haven't been looking very hard. At a minimum he has been funnelling US tax payer money into his family business. I can't understand why anybody thinks that's OK.

Not to mention the Charity scam
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-trump-foundation/trump-charity-to-dissolve-under-deal-with-ny-attorney-general-idUSKBN1OH1TH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Sick to death of Pat Kenny and his faux commiserating with the homeless crisis and people having issues with homelessness. Think of the families that would now be in homes if Pat Kenny hadn't objected to anything being built beside Kenny Manor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sick to death of Pat Kenny and his faux commiserating with the homeless crisis and people having issues with homelessness. Think of the families that would now be in homes if Pat Kenny hadn't objected to anything being built beside Kenny Manor.

There is little connection between the homelessness crisis and a development of expensive apartments in Dalkey.

Advertisement