Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭elperello

serfboard wrote: »
    Indeed they are. But that's what NIMBYs claim they are doing too.

Yes but if you call Nimby too often you are just devaluing the terms meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I'm sure Pat is enjoying looking at coming in to work to report on a big victory for Bojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't think I can stomach much of it myself.

First unexpected side effect of people voting for Boris - listenership bump for Marty in the Morning.

Just heard the promo for Pat Kenny show. He's having some big segment on homeless people staying in hotels. While continuing to say that there is no room at the inn himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just heard the promo for Pat Kenny show. He's having some big segment on homeless people staying in hotels. While continuing to say that there is no room at the inn himself.

Have you opened your doors?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tom Tugendhat (Con.MP) excellent as always on PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

#CanWatch

He can't help himself, that beyond cheesy kick the can down the road sound effect was used again this morning.
    Let's be careful out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BillyBird wrote: »
    #CanWatch

He can't help himself, that beyond cheesy kick the can down the road sound effect was used again this morning.
    Let's be careful out there.

That is cringe!!! (Am I saying that right)
    Didn't hear it, but I know exactly how he said it and what it sounded like.

Best broadcaster in the country definitely has a flaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is it possible to find a Unionist who isn't a miserable ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pat was very soft on him, he could have pulled him up on many innaccuracies but refused to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My OH, though she's down here in Eire since University (she went to the Protestant University - of course). Her family however actually are only happy when they're miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Floppybits

golfball37 wrote: »
    Pat was very soft on him, he could have pulled him up on many innaccuracies but refused to do so.

Standard for Irish journalists to give soft interviews to unionists and allow to spout their inaccurate crap all the time. Why do they never ask a unionist about the cash for ash when they unionists are spouting on about Sinn Fein pulling down the assembly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

My OH, though she's down here in Eire.

Who says Eire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I actually felt a bit sorry for the guy when he started talking about the “sweeteners” that are in the deal for unionists.

Britain will protect the land and offer access to the British “market”, things that should be a given for Northern Ireland.

Imagine if you were from Cork and the Irish government was trying to “offload” you on to someone else while telling you you can still use the motorways and the post office?

Still, he was particularly miserable.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Who says Eire?

Lots of Nordies. And Brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Lots of Nordies. And Brits.

Who says Nordies?

Callan57 wrote: »
    Who says Nordies?

Lots of people. Are you taking the plss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Lots of people. Are you taking the plss?

Just never heard the expression ... maybe I'm just too far south :rolleyes:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Just never heard the expression ... maybe I'm just too far south :rolleyes:

It's effectively an everyday term here in Dublin at least. Don't know if you're a rubgy fan but the term is so common in certain parts that when Jordi Murphy of Leinster moved to Ulster he became (at least through nickname) Nordie Muprhy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Who says Eire?

Conor McGregor does :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Imagine if you were from Cork and the Irish government was trying to “offload” you on to someone else

You might be onto something here. Would the French take them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Aurelian

It's effectively an everyday term here in Dublin at least.

Definitely very commonly used outside of Dublin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pat’s pronunciation of “Greta Thunberg” is way over the top, someone needs to tell him he’s not Swedish so he can stick to the standard one.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,944 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Terry Prone currently on
    insightful stuff in how the public are influenced in election campaigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

zell12 wrote: »
    Terry Prone currently on
    insightful stuff in how the public are influenced in election campaigns

Terry Prone is simply availing of the (free) opportunity to sell her services to anyone who is willing to pay for them. She is probably laughing up her sleeve at the gullibility of Newstalk giving her airtime to promote her business like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Terry Prone is simply availing of the (free) opportunity to sell her services to anyone who is willing to pay for them.
    Indeed. Clients like the Bon Secours nuns, for example.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Terry Prone is simply availing of the (free) opportunity to sell her services to anyone who is willing to pay for them. She is probably laughing up her sleeve at the gullibility of Newstalk giving her airtime to promote her business like this.

Do you seriously think that anyone in a position to give work to TP is likely to be influenced by her musings on Newstalk?

The best the listener can hope for is that PK might winkle out a bit of really interesting info.

Always an intriguing guest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

elperello wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that anyone in a position to give work to TP is likely to be influenced by her musings on Newstalk?

The best the listener can hope for is that PK might winkle out a bit of really interesting info.

Always an intriguing guest.

Each to there own but I find her pompous. Someone who's job it is to teach Politicians to tell half truths and con the general public

jay0109 wrote: »
    Each to there own but I find her pompous. Someone who's job it is to teach Politicians to tell half truths and con the general public

I said she is an intriguing guest not that I am a fan.

Always worth listening to.

• Advertisement

Shame on Newstalk for facilitating this guy and his "you can't speak about immigration" or you're a racist. We are sleepwalking in to all the same problems as the UK.

Advertisement