Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

All she has ileft s bluster and hot air.. Keny burst that balloon with laughable ease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Mary Lou McDonald joined SF around 2000. She wasn't around for the historic stuff - stuff that was perpetrated by both sides of the divide (lest we forget) and held a minor position until 2009. I got this from google, I am not a member of any party and have never, until this one, voted SF.

Lets stick to the policies - regardless of whether you like them or not - and leave the nothern stuff up there - with the DUP, UUP, Red Hand Brigade, UVF, etc. That has nothing to do with our politics, for which we are thank ful.

I usually vote FG but SF is getting my No 1 - I want change - I'm a business owner and employer and I have no home thanks to FF and the banks. Lets try something else and stop living in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

What would you expect from a prick like Kenny , how long has he been on the fg/ff/rte/Denis o brien gravy train, pathetic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I can't vote but as a business owner and an employer I certainly not want SF in government. I suspect employer's prsi will be one of the first things going up.

Anyway that has nothing to do with my preferences but Mary Lou is president if a party with some very dubious links. I actually don't mind her but I certainly don't like the talk about looking into special court, I don't like that people like Slab Murphy are called great republicans. For me SF would be a lot more palatable if SF in the North and SF in the south were separate parties with separate leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Zetor19 wrote: »
    What would you expect from a prick like Kenny , how long has he been on the fg/ff/rte/Denis o brien gravy train, pathetic stuff.

So do you agree with the special criminal court. Your friend Mary Lou refuses to answer that one with a simple yes or no. Do you ever wonder why that might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

meeeeh wrote: »
    This is massacre. Pat Kenny really can't stand SF.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is easily the toughest time anyone has got in any of the debates. I'm almost half feeling a teeny tiny bit sorry for Mary Lou.

Then I remember all the IRA stuff and that.

Pat gave a very fair stern interview he asked all the questions floating voters wanted answered. However, after Pat Kenny mentioning hot pants and bikinis in the voting centres (previous item to the interview). I could not get the image of Mary Lou in hotpants out of my mind :eek:. It could be a strategy for SF in future make them seem less threatening?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

emeldc wrote: »
    So do you agree with the special criminal court. Your friend Mary Lou refuses to answer that one with a simple yes or no. Do you ever wonder why that might be.

Yeah she bluffed that one. On the one hand she was against criminality and thugs in Dublin and how special powers are necessary. On the other hand she mentioned the Diplock courts in NI. Then the final contraction with Mary Lou that she said she was from Dublin and not from NI, when Pat pressed her on SF's performance in NI.

This Fianna Fáil wan is some bull****ter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

and leave the nothern stuff up there

Isn't that literally the exact opposite of the whole point of Sinn Fein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

meeeeh wrote: »
    I can't vote but as a business owner and an employer I certainly not want SF in government. I suspect employer's prsi will be one of the first things going up.

Anyway that has nothing to do with my preferences but Mary Lou is president if a party with some very dubious links. I actually don't mind her but I certainly don't like the talk about looking into special court, I don't like that people like Slab Murphy are called great republicans. For me SF would be a lot more palatable if SF in the North and SF in the south were separate parties with separate leadership.

We own businesses in childcare and its not just employers PRSI that I,d be afraid of with them. I,d be afraid of loosing a viable business and income. I wouldnt vote for them anyway I think their policies are airy fairy stuff that would destroy the economy & private sector and I dont believe for one second that the IRA & other scum have gone away from them and their past. Plus Ive no interest in a united Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

neris wrote: »
    We own businesses in childcare and its not just employers PRSI that I,d be afraid of with them. I,d be afraid of loosing a viable business and income. I wouldnt vote for them anyway I think their policies are airy fairy stuff that would destroy the economy & private sector and I dont believe for one second that the IRA & other scum have gone away from them and their past. Plus Ive no interest in a united Ireland

Im alright Jack in other words.

Im alright Jack in other words.

How so? Because the poster has a business or because they have no interest in a united Ireland.

emeldc wrote: »
    How so? Because the poster has a business or because they have no interest in a united Ireland.

Both, every one has to pay their fair share and saying **** you to the Nationalist people of the North is selfish bull****

These toilet sized apartments are another reason SF topping polls, FF and FG approving of them, disgusting, wake up people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Both, every one has to pay their fair share and saying **** you to the Nationalist people of the North is selfish bull****

Its nothing to do with nationalists. theres 2 sides up there who are nothing but trouble and biggots. We have enough problems socially & economically as 26 counties but we dont have petty squabbles and generally all get on

Employers PRSI is charged at 11.5% on top of gross salary which IMO is already criminal as neither the employer or employee get bugger all for it.
    Do you really think the Nationalist northerners would be better off in a 32 counties. We can't afford to look after ourselves never mind bring another two million people on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pat hammers every SF candidate about their policy of “abstention” in Westminster even though he’s been repeatedly told that it’s part of their election policy.

If they were suddenly to decide to take their seats over there they’d be “slapping” a large chunk of their voters in the face. It’s a lame dig and wastes time in each interview.

Blaming them for “shutting down” Stormont is weak as well, yes they had their part to play in it but the “lion’s share” should clearly go to the DUP, Foster in particular.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Isn't that literally the exact opposite of the whole point of Sinn Fein?

At the moment we are only having elections in 26 counties - he should have focussed more on the problems we are having here - the 6 counties have alot of criminality, not just republicans but there are two sides of criminals up there. Why do the DUP not have to answer for the UVF and ULF continuously?

Lets focus on Saturday at the moment and leave the reunification for another day

At the moment we are only having elections in 26 counties - he should have focussed more on the problems we are having here - the 6 counties have alot of criminality, not just republicans but there are two sides of criminals up there. Why do the DUP not have to answer for the UVF and ULF continuously?

Lets focus on Saturday at the moment and leave the reunification for another day

Exactly, Im voting SF on Saturday because they are the only viable left-ish party who can take on the right wing parties who are destroying the Country. If you want housing and health sector chaos for ever vote FF/FG.

DUP are not running in Republic. SF are and since they call themselves all island party their actions in the North are fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why do the DUP not have to answer for the ULF continuously?

Maybe because it's unfair to hold them responsible for the activities of a nonexistent organisation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

He really lets himself down when he interviews anyone from SF in my opinion.

He strikes me as a man of principle, I'd guess his very strong feelings here stem from him being a reporter throughout the troubles.

But he gets very clearly emotional and partial when talking to any SF representative. It sounded to me like McDonald was genuinely thrown by it this morning, for my money nobody came out of that looking well.

He's a tough but fair interviewer in general but he goes after SF in a very different way than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

He strikes me as a man of principle, I'd guess his very strong feelings here stem from him being a reporter throughout the troubles.

But he gets very clearly emotional and impartial when talking to any SF representative. It sounded to me like McDonald was genuinely thrown by it this morning, for my money nobody came out of that looking well.

He's a tough but fair interviewer in general but he goes after SF in a very different way than anyone else.

He has score to settle since The fake tweet back during the presidental debate.

Pat hammers every SF candidate about their policy of “abstention” in Westminster even though he’s been repeatedly told that it’s part of their election policy.

If they were suddenly to decide to take their seats over there they’d be “slapping” a large chunk of their voters in the face. It’s a lame dig and wastes time in each interview.

Blaming them for “shutting down” Stormont is weak as well, yes they had their part to play in it but the “lion’s share” should clearly go to the DUP, Foster in particular.

Brexit was exceptional circumstances but SF just sat on thier hands, I am sure a large part of the SF would have understood. They could have been the real alternative for change during Brexit. But they are only the alternative for change in the ROI it seems?
    Not only that but they did not attend stormont for three years! Some leadership...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Did Pat have to ask the Cavan-Monaghan Green guy whose seat he is hoping to take?:rolleyes: Is he not doing this job long enough to know he'll never get an honest answer from a political hopeful to that sort of question?

More balance from the panel on SF, Pat exasparated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

Exactly, Im voting SF on Saturday because they are the only viable left-ish party who can take on the right wing parties who are destroying the Country. If you want housing and health sector chaos for ever vote FF/FG.

We have no right wing parties in the Dáil. FF are centrist and FG are Neo-Liberal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

But he gets very clearly emotional and partial when talking to any SF representative. It sounded to me like McDonald was genuinely thrown by it this morning, for my money nobody came out of that looking well.

As a right winger with no time for SF, I found Pat Kenny agitated and antagonistic, which I thought unprofessional, in that interview with Mary Lou McDonald.

I didn't think it was particularly unprofessional (a word that is way overused anyway) but he was definitely riled up and that tends to happen whenever he has someone from SF on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sinn Fein have been giving out about Fine Gael's handling of the homeless issue while there's thousands homeless in Northern Ireland. It was a very valid question and really should have been asked of them before this week.

Mary Lou wasn't answering the question either.

Vincent Browne would have gone bananas at her if he were in the same spot.

Advertisement