Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

This is the reason why I don't give homeless people money on the street anymore. What is the point if it is only going to be spent on drink or gear? I thought to myself I am only helping this person kill themselves quicker.

I know what you are saying but I don't judge them - I would give to homeless on the streets but I didn't see anything in that report that was going to help that man - it was all about the council removing his tent and caravan. If the houses were empty, why doesn't he squat - they legally can't remove him without a long lengthy legal process - not that I'm advocating people to break the law - but it would be of more benefit than venting on Pat Kenny show

And seeing as I'm in a chatty mood, though I think the death of Caroline Flack is a terrible waste as is all suicide but I just cannot understand why they don't log off of all social media - don't feed the trolls - just close your account.

These so called "celebrities" are famous for nothing and crave attention - who said there's no such thing as bad publicity - then get hurt when its not all positive - just turn if off. Having said that, being the host of the trash show Love Island would be enough to send me into the nearest river - FFS can we dumb down anymore as a society???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭plodder

And seeing as I'm in a chatty mood, though I think the death of Caroline Flack is a terrible waste as is all suicide but I just cannot understand why they don't log off of all social media - don't feed the trolls - just close your account.

These so called "celebrities" are famous for nothing and crave attention - who said there's no such thing as bad publicity - then get hurt when its not all positive - just turn if off. Having said that, being the host of the trash show Love Island would be enough to send me into the nearest river - FFS can we dumb down anymore as a society???
    People pushing their own agenda against social media have focused on one aspect of the tragedy, but there are obviously other angles to it. Like, she was supposed to be terrified at the prospect of police bodycam video of her arrest, being shown at the trial. There was no getting away from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know what you are saying but I don't judge them - I would give to homeless on the streets but I didn't see anything in that report that was going to help that man - it was all about the council removing his tent and caravan. If the houses were empty, why doesn't he squat - they legally can't remove him without a long lengthy legal process - not that I'm advocating people to break the law - but it would be of more benefit than venting on Pat Kenny show

There's no tradition of squatting in this country, few squats last for long when property owners get wise to uninvited guests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I really like the movie bit. That's all. I just think it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

I dont share Pats obsession with the grisly details of murder trials, very tabloid and in nobodys interest.

Not just Pat, people were travelling up to sit in on that Bobby Ryan trial like it was an episode of Matlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

BillyBird wrote: »
    Not just Pat, people were travelling up to sit in on that Bobby Ryan trial like it was an episode of Matlock.

Knitting & cackling at show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

BillyBird wrote: »
    people were travelling up to sit in on that Bobby Ryan trial like it was an episode of Matlock.
    Ah, but that trial had sex as well as violence - people pay to see that in cinemas, and here they were getting it for free.

Won't be too long until there's a Nexflix series on it ...

Why are we listening to this level of detail about the Dublin trial? We, the general public, don't need to know every gruesome detail - its obsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Why are we listening to this level of detail about the Dublin trial? We, the general public, don't need to know every gruesome detail - its obsene.

Agreed.
    I find it hard to listen to so I don't.
    Ten minutes of Lyric is your only man and better for your mental health.

What I can't figure out is why they stayed living in the house if they didn't get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

elperello wrote: »
    What I can't figure out is why they stayed living in the house if they didn't get on.

I'd have thought that was fairly obvious in Dublin the past 5 or so years

jay0109 wrote: »
    I'd have thought that was fairly obvious in Dublin the past 5 or so years

Do you mean the housing shortage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Of course :confused:

jay0109 wrote: »
    Of course :confused:

Sorry for confusing you, I wasn't sure.

Seems a strange thing to continue to live in a house where they were fighting all the time.

I wouldn't have the head space for that.

Better to move out to anywhere and have peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That was a long intro sig tune, noises in background

Pat said they've a problem with two microphones, and now he's on the third microphone reading out the show's menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was listening to that Stuart Gilhooley fella on the Last Word yesterday evening, he's on Pat Kenny defending legal fees now.

I must say he is the personification of his profession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pats working from home!

And so far so good.
    The experiment is delivering.
    I detect no difference.

And so far so good.
    The experiment is delivering.
    I detect no difference.
    They had technical issues earlier and had to go to a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

zell12 wrote: »
    No news there...

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    I didn't hear it all.
    Overall what did you think?

I did not listen to the rest of it. Did he describe the view? the problematic hill? the horrible commute of travelling 20 metres to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I didn't hear it all.
    Overall what did you think?

There were a couple of “guests” cut off during the interviews but mostly it was fine. Wouldn’t have guessed it was an “outside broadcast” if he hasn’t said it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Wouldn’t have guessed it was an “outside broadcast” if he hasn’t said it.
    I missed the start of the programme and didn't pick it up at all, so it definitely worked.

Pat made a great faux-pas when talking to the Welsh lady. No doubt thinking about Mr. Cummings, he referred accidentally to instructions coming from Dominic St. instead of Downing St.

Good one, Pat - that might become a thing!

Is Pat still at home?

Nice "look at me Ive loads of money" interview with that rugby type.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pat was playing a snippet of Michael Osterholm talking about the Corona virus.
    The snippet was taken from a podcast called The Joe Rogan Experience and that interview in full is well worth a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

humberklog wrote: »
    Pat was playing a snippet of Michael Osterholm talking about the Corona virus.
    The snippet was taken from a podcast called The Joe Rogan Experience and that interview in full is well worth a listen.

Equally, there's a very good interview with Malcolm Galdwell (worth listening to on almost any topic btw) on the Bill Simmons Podcast that went up last week on the Coronavirus. Gladwell's skill is taking complex topics and making them very accesible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just tuned in to Pat.
    It seems that babies sleeping habits is the biggest problem we have just now.

(Only in Ireland!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭prunudo

In fairness its not like he hasn't been discussing covid19 all week.
    And he has Simon Harris on shortly.

Advertisement