Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭mattser

You do realize Pat Kenny’s Show has been broadcast from his home since the beginning of Covid 19 restrictions as he is over 70.

I think they’ve done an amazing job overall and things are running really smoothly, fair play to all the sound and technical engineers, the sound quality and continuity overall has been brilliant.

Your point on Ryanair CEO is a totally separate one, yes he could have challenged him more but TBH I found even the idea of flights this Summer positive and uplifting even if it’s only a small percentage.

Is Yates operating from home as well ? Because it's almost daily there too.

mattser wrote: »
    Is Yates operating from home as well ? Because it's almost daily there too.

No idea.........but in these times I’m sure not all staff are available to work all the time , so I’m sure systems are under a little more than pressure than if everyone is operating full time from Marconi house . Don’t sweat the small stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Ivan often refers to his daily commute on the Dart.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its their culture, what a load of me boll!x, every other family around the country has to obey the rules during loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It should be available for people who want to wfh as Twitter said "if you want". I'd be first to sign up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

pc7 wrote: »
    Its their culture, what a load of me boll!x, every other family around the country has to obey the rules during loss.
    I wasn't listening to the radio, but I can hazard a guess as to what you are referring to! Who was on to defend them this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

And we're allowing it to continue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

God forbid that you would ask for the rules to be complied with:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058077330

I wasn't listening to the radio, but I can hazard a guess as to what you are referring to! Who was on to defend them this time?

Peter McVerry I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I heard that gob****e...one rule for them, one for the rest of us.
    Pat let her off very lightly..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭touts

The show is turning into the campaign to reelect Kate O'Connell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

touts wrote: »

You don't need to be elected when the Taoiseach hasn't yet announced his nominees for the Seanad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

touts wrote: »

To be fair, it’s always shame when a looker doesn’t get elected.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Ugh "The Book Club", more opium for the middle classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

To be fair, it’s always shame when a looker doesn’t get elected.

her inner ugliness always manages to get out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

thought pat gave mc williams a very soft ride , perhaps the dalkey set dont fight with each other ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    thought pat gave mc williams a very soft ride , perhaps the dalkey set dont fight with each other ?

McWilliams is just a ‘hurler on the ditch’. Why doesn’t he put himself up for election and sort out all our economic problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Roger_007 wrote: »
    McWilliams is just a ‘hurler on the ditch’. Why doesn’t he put himself up for election and sort out all our economic problems.

.... exhibit A George Lee :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

jay0109 wrote: »
    You don't need to be elected when the Taoiseach hasn't yet announced his nominees for the Seanad!

Leo is hardly going to nominate Kate, he'll pick one of the Choir Boys (or Girls)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Roger_007 wrote: »

I don't have much time for him but equally don't buy the argument that the only people that are entitled to an opinion are those that have put themselves up for election.

Especially when you consider some of the clowns that a) have put themselves up for election b) romped home in those elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

BillyBird wrote: »
    Leo is hardly going to nominate Kate, he'll pick one of the Choir Boys (or Girls)

I don't think he will either but she's certainly putting herself out there to make sure she's not forgotten. It's the hope that kills you!

Every day is Joy Division day in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Matt Damon is the latest high profile resident to publically fall in love with the place.

Tbf, it's a beautiful place to live (I've only ever stayed there) , and it's also a beautiful time of the year in Ireland....

Thanks be to God for the good weather and Dalkey civility, two things that are making lockdown some way tolerable!! ;)

People in the park beside us in Ringsend have been meeting in groups of 4 or more for the last month, yesterday a full sized football match took place, no cops around to break it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pat Kenny talking to Simon Harris now and Pat is just going on and on about masks as if they're the silver bullet to all of this. Give it a break Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

murpho999 wrote: »
    Pat Kenny talking to Simon Harris now and Pat is just going on and on about masks as if they're the silver bullet to all of this. Give it a break Pat.

He's absolutely right to keep bringing the issue up..and no they are not a silver bullet..but where people are going to end up congregating ,.often in situations they have little control over they would seem to be a sensible thing to use...the issue he avoided was the cost and I suspect that if the price reflected the real cost of production...ie cents...then a lot more people would have been wearing them on public transport...that will probably come about.

southstar wrote: »
    He's absolutely right to keep bringing the issue up..and no they are not a silver bullet..but where people are going to end up congregating ,.often in situations they have little control over they would seem to be a sensible thing to use...the issue he avoided was the cost and I suspect that if the price reflected the real cost of production...ie cents...then a lot more people would have been wearing them on public transport...that will probably come about.

Offers around 60% to 75% protection if everyone wears one, simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Thing is surgical masks are of a far higher spec and cost ..although if this was Ebola rather than Covid..we wouldn't be having this debate..but I take your point that a barrier like masks should be pushed in certain environments..particularly up living transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

southstar wrote: »

He goes on about it all the time and seems to think that people should be wearing them all the time.

If I'm out walking on my own and keeping social distance then I don't need a mask. Simple as that.

Everyday now he just goes on and on about it at every opportunity and saying that joggers should be wearing them etc. It's total rubbish.

In a confined space such as a supermarket yes but not when outdoors, totally unncessesary.

Advertisement