Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When is Pat back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

When is Pat back?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Thanks, Healys insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Cole wrote: »
    Regardless of the different points of view/arguments, it was truly beautiful hearing the spokeswoman for the hospital consultants verbally slap Healy this morning...he's unbearable.
    What happened? Missed it yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Thank christ Healy wasn't on for that section gypsy lives matter....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Why are so many people triggered by any radio show host talking about doing things in a way that benefits others or shows compassion for someone other than yourself?
    It used to be seen as being decent, now, at least here its, a judgement or slur aimed at someone.

Do people really want a world where everyone is only motivated for absolute selfish reasons?

Why can't anyone ask a legitimate question without been labelled as being "triggered"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Found it a bit funny Pat talking about high density housing projects giving his own particular situation :D

Not saying his and his guests point of view is wrong but he's hardly going to be impartial in the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

poor Pat getting very upset that his American guest not agreeing with his opinions on Trump !!!

2smiggy wrote: »
    poor Pat getting very upset that his American guest not agreeing with his opinions on Trump !!!

Thought that guy made a very good point about the Democrats talking out of both sides of their mouths here, when many of them are unable to accept the 2016 result.

I think the Democrats and Republicans are going to regret their worst excesses, like disputed elections and overuse of Executive Orders, in future. What goes around comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There all at it, that unfunny lad in the afternoon constantly having a go, the new guy on the hard shoulder has already pinned his medals to his chest with his taking CNN as gospel and getting his anti trump yes men on and he's barley there a wet week.
    Newstalk is getting beyond lame at the stage with every host bar Ciara making it a daily part of their show.
    Moncreife is stale and needs to go, just a whiney woke gob****e at this stage.

• Advertisement

There all at it, that unfunny lad in the afternoon constantly having a go, the new guy on the hard shoulder has already pinned his medals to his chest with his taking CNN as gospel and getting his anti trump yes men on and he's barley there a wet week.
    Newstalk is getting beyond lame at the stage with every host bar Ciara making it a daily part of their show.

Other radio stations are available.

No **** Sherlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,914 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He's probably the single most significant politician of many of our lifetimes during the collectively most impactful period we have probably all experienced to this point in our lives also. The US is probably closer to civil war breaking out than it has been at any point since the last one and when I heard he was planning on pulling 12,000 troops out of Germany, my immediate thought was that he is doing this for Putin, and what would that mean.
    Aside from the above monumental political element, he is enthralling from a psychological perspective both in how he behaves, and how people continue to support him. Some fanatically. We are living in the middle of truly historic times

It would be absolute negligence to not cover it and at this point, my view is that anyone continually complaining about the coverage it receives is mostly unhappy that Trumps failings are being so conclusively displayed.
    Some of us said from the start that the Emperor had no clothes, others said it was great to see the political 'elite' get a bloody nose and that this guy was going to drain the swamp and all. that. bullsh*t.

Think it is necessary to continue to discuss this in Ireland so that at the next election, which might not be too far away, if any populist comes in saying the same sort of rhetoric that people no just where to tell them to go.

He's probably the single most significant politician of many of our lifetimes during the collectively most impactful period we have probably all experienced to this point in our lives also. The US is probably closer to civil war breaking out than it has been at any point since the last one and when I heard he was planning on pulling 12,000 troops out of Germany, my immediate thought was that he is doing this for Putin, and what would that mean.
    Aside from the above monumental political element, he is enthralling from a psychological perspective both in how he behaves, and how people continue to support him. Some fanatically. We are living in the middle of truly historic times

It would be absolute negligence to not cover it and at this point, my view is that anyone continually complaining about the coverage it receives is mostly unhappy that Trumps failings are being so conclusively displayed.
    Some of us said from the start that the Emperor had no clothes, others said it was great to see the political 'elite' get a bloody nose and that this guy was going to drain the swamp and all. that. bullsh*t.

Think it is necessary to continue to discuss this in Ireland so that at the next election, which might not be too far away, if any populist comes in saying the same sort of rhetoric that people no just where to tell them to go.

Would you listen to yourself, that's crazy talk. What negative impact has a Republican president in America had on your life, it's only been positive for me as I'm not crying in my coffee for the last 4yrs.
    Moncreife was at it again in the first minute of his show, how are they going to get Trump to leave the Whitehouse, the media here and CNN are married at the hip, they got it wrong the last time and there doing it again. It's a no brainier to the Irish media that bunker Joe is going to win.
    I'm sick of the one side rethoric from Kenny, Moncreife and now the new guy. I'd fire 2 of them so we at least have only one cry baby on a day. Change the record lads. It's boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The Luke Harding interview earlier was most enjoyable.

Pat K is a master interviewer, I rate him above everyone including aul uncle gaybo who had a fierce habit of condescension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thought that guy made a very good point about the Democrats talking out of both sides of their mouths here, when many of them are unable to accept the 2016 result.

I think the Democrats and Republicans are going to regret their worst excesses, like disputed elections and overuse of Executive Orders, in future. What goes around comes around.

In the context of the question asked by PK it was a ridiculous point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Yep, there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud through postal voting, even in states with all-mail votes. His "point" on hydroxychloroquine was just as daft, repeating "some doctors have used it" again and again. Max Pemberton says everything with a very deliberate reasonable tone, but most of what he says is in essence just waffle.

Top tunes from our own Fontaines DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Pat had Dr. Tomas Ryan on this morning to discuss COVID. He was excellent; much "calmer" (if I could use that word) than Luke O'Neill' and without the upbeat positivity and "energy" of the latter. That said, i can see how some would prefer O'Neill's style, but Ryan was much factual and emotion-less, and did the topic justice I feel in dealing with the level of seriousness required.

Wasn't the question (or maybe it was a statement) that Trump didn't explicitly say he'd leave office, and should have had?

The guy replied by saying words to the effect of "of course he'll be forced to leave" and then mentioned the inability of some Democrats to accept 2016, and their fixation on Russian interference.

I dunno, I can see his point. But I may be misremembering the exact sequence of the interview here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I really can’t get my head around this tbh. There’s a segment of society who listen to radio shows they hate just so they can complain about them on the interwebs. It’s genuinely bizarre.

it would be very strange to agree with everything the presenter does and thinks. can't see what is wrong in not agreeing with some of his views ?!?

Wasn't the question (or maybe it was a statement) that Trump didn't explicitly say he'd leave office, and should have had?

The guy replied by saying words to the effect of "of course he'll be forced to leave" and then mentioned the inability of some Democrats to accept 2016, and their fixation on Russian interference.

I dunno, I can see his point. But I may be misremembering the exact sequence of the interview here.

He did say Trump will leave, but the reason he gave for Trump not saying he would is "there is no confidence in the mail voting system and there is a lots of evidence of fraud". The same reason Trump gave yesterday for postponing the election, but there is no evidence at all to back this up.

It wasn't just some Democrats who couldn't accept the 2016 election. Trump claimed millions of people voting illegally cost him the popular vote. He will leave when/if he loses, but he won't accept the result.

I really can’t get my head around this tbh. There’s a segment of society who listen to radio shows they hate just so they can complain about them on the interwebs. It’s genuinely bizarre.
    it would be very strange to agree with everything the presenter does and thinks. can't see what is wrong in not agreeing with some of his views ?!?

Occasional disagreement with views, style is fine. Makes discussion more interesting even.

It's when that becomes incessant posting about how bad someone is, how wrong they are on everything etc etc it raises the question of, 'Why then listen'?

I'd be fine even with someone consistently disagreeing with the position of a presenter and discussing that rationally but when it just extends as far as 'He/She is so terrible I don't know why you'd even bother going on the show' and nothing else about the topic that it is annoying. Some threads were/are consistently with pretty much nothing with negative views, about shows that have very high listenership.

Certainly annoying when reading it on thread after thread, day after day.

Occasional disagreement with views, style is fine. Makes discussion more interesting even.

It's when that becomes incessant posting about how bad someone is, how wrong they are on everything etc etc it raises the question of, 'Why then listen'?

I'd be fine even with someone consistently disagreeing with the position of a presenter and discussing that rationally but when it just extends as far as 'He/She is so terrible I don't know why you'd even bother going on the show' and nothing else about the topic that it is annoying. Some threads were/are consistently with pretty much nothing with negative views, about shows that have very high listenership.

Certainly annoying when reading it on thread after thread, day after day.

I like Pat, and dislike Trump. He does have an unhealthy fixation on Trump thou :pac::pac:

Ahwell wrote: »
    He did say Trump will leave, but the reason he gave for Trump not saying he would is "there is no confidence in the mail voting system and there is a lots of evidence of fraud". The same reason Trump gave yesterday for postponing the election, but there is no evidence at all to back this up.

It wasn't just some Democrats who couldn't accept the 2016 election. Trump claimed millions of people voting illegally cost him the popular vote. He will leave when/if he loses, but he won't accept the result.

Dan Rather tweeted yesterday that Trump is terrified. Found it an interesting phrase. Maybe it was just in relation to losing but, I kinda think that someone who seems to have hated the job he has been in, why would he be so terrified about losing.

Surely he might take this as a 'honourable discharge' and say that he never had a chance once the biased media misrepresented Covid etc. He'd be wrong, but he'd find plenty to buy his story and he could then carry on with judging everyone from the sidelines while still being referred to as President Trump.

Rather is correct, he does appear to be terrified, the question is why?

Rather is correct, he does appear to be terrified, the question is why?

Narcissism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ahwell wrote: »

As I right in thinking that the Speaker of the House “assumes” the role of President if the US elections don’t take place in November?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Check out the thread on Dr. Ciara Kelly. Man, those guys love to hate her.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Winners usually don't like loosing. I don't think he's Terrified of bunker Joe just hugely frustrated with what's happening over there.
    I don't believe Biden has a hope in hell of being president, Trump will run circles around him once the debates start. Bidens whole strategy is just say nothing, polls are telling him it's the right move, we all know what the polls said the last time.

Advertisement