Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Does Jonathan realise this issue is an American topic that isn't relevant to us.

Let Americans solve their crazy gun laws, when our presenters discuss the matter, they just come across as pompous self righteous idiots.

Let's not forget we have our own problems and madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Does Jonathan realise this issue is an American topic that isn't relevant to us.

Let Americans solve their crazy gun laws, when our presenters discuss the matter, they just come across as pompous self righteous idiots.

Let's not forget we have our own problems and madness.

And then he sneers from his lofty perch at a listener who happens to have an opinion which doesn't tally with his own right-on view on American politics

Pat is back tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pat is back tomorrow.

Cue the complaints about Pat talking about Trump rather than complaints about Healy talking about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Cue the complaints about Pat talking about Trump rather than complaints about Healy talking about anything.
    Followed by your defence. Around and around we go :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Followed by your defence. Around and around we go :confused:

How to change.....how to change???

46183.jpg?1533657562

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It's simple, nothing to do with your lobes, if your parents or parent are decent, kind hearted people who treat you to respect others there's a huge chance you will be too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Rejoice, Pat is back. And he's doing a good job keeping Dr. Cillian De Gascun honest here in this interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,456 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Rejoice, Pat is back. And he's doing a good job keeping Dr. Cillian De Gascun honest here in this interview

Good. Had switched off since Johnathon Healy was in. Useless

Pat is the best interviewer and broadcaster in this country (IMO), nobody else comes close and it’s very noticeable when he’s on his hols. Same with Ivan Yates .......again IMO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

Does Luke O'Neill get paid for his morning slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Luke O’Neill needs to stop the fear mongering with his, this MIGHT happen and that MIGHT happen, “but we don’t know yet, don’t you know”. Totally irresponsible speculation and I would imagine putting a lot of unnecessary fear in people. Today he’s saying it MIGHT get into people’s brains..... shocking stuff to be speculating on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Mav11 wrote: »

I think contributors get a nominal fee.

Recall hearing a figure of €40 per slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i hope not

2smiggy wrote: »
    i hope not

I hope that it's part of TCD's public service remit. They are receiving nearly €40m a year in core funding!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Pharmaceutical companies would be making donations to his department. The bigger his profile the bigger the donations.

BTW I wouldn't begrudge him. He is quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Luke O’Neill needs to stop the fear mongering with his, this MIGHT happen and that MIGHT happen, “but we don’t know yet, don’t you know”. Totally irresponsible speculation and I would imagine putting a lot of unnecessary fear in people. Today he’s saying it MIGHT get into people’s brains..... shocking stuff to be speculating on.

He's painful. I can't take many of these mad scientist "experts" seriously anymore, they seem to be enjoying their 15 minutes far too much. The pinnacle for me was seeing him and the other guy doing a sewing/knitting masks competition on the CB show.

Allinall wrote: »
    I think contributors get a nominal fee.

Recall hearing a figure of €40 per slot.

So thats why you never hear Joe Duffy on other programs. The fee wouldn't cover the mileage in the Jag.

Listening to this principal, I predict most schools to stay open for a couple of weeks and they'll all be shut again in a few weeks.

Will they be sending home a class full of kids because one child has the sniffles.

Until instant testing becomes available, it seems entirely unworkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I didn't catch much radio today but Christ Almighty Norma Foley's interview with Pat this morning was an audible catastrophe. If you had any confidence in the measures being put in place for the schools to return this week and next, she did her best to destroy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

JoeA3 wrote: »
    He's painful. I can't take many of these mad scientist "experts" seriously anymore, they seem to be enjoying their 15 minutes far too much. The pinnacle for me was seeing him and the other guy doing a sewing/knitting masks competition on the CB show.

The medical "experts" that RTE are putting in front of us in the last six months are reminiscent of the economic "experts" that they put in front of us in 2008, telling us all about the soft landing. Just because you have letters after your name does not mean that you are not a shill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I didn't catch much radio today but Christ Almighty Norma Foley's interview with Pat this morning was an audible catastrophe. If you had any confidence in the measures being put in place for the schools to return this week and next, she did her best to destroy it.

I didn't hear today's show, but saw Norma "In The First Instance" Foley on Prime Time the other night - and have to agree with this.

Confidence was not instilled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So thats why you never hear Joe Duffy on other programs. The fee wouldn't cover the mileage in the Jag.

That's for external guests caller, not RTE Staff or Contractors. Rest assured caller if Mr. Duffy was on another show he would either be compensated at his normal rate, or he would be promoting one of his death bukes - sometimes even both simultaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Pat just had a NIMBY from Raheny on to discuss the housing development adjacent to StAnne's Park which has recently been approved again. There must have been a good few messages in pointing out Pat's history on planning objections and he referenced them.

"I only ever objected to planning twice in my life so I'm not sure where some of the listeners are getting at" he said in all earnest. Must be great to live in a bubble surrounded by your own kind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Who is this woman discussing calories and food. Mary Flynn.

Making excuses for people that can't boil an egg! They can google anything but they can't google a recipe for brocolli.

The trouble is that most young people use take aways and highly processed food for ease and convenience and do not cook proper wholesome food and then cost is given as an excuse.

A takeaway can be anything from €15 to €20, you can buy a weeks supply of fruit and veg for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Is this clown actually for real, the pub bloke? I hope his business goes down the tubes.

So ban slabs to prevent house parties?

"Empower the gardai" :rolleyes:

I've been in house parties that got shut down by Gardai(long before the virus). I don't understand why suddenly they need extra powers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Listening to this principal, I predict most schools to stay open for a couple of weeks and they'll all be shut again in a few weeks.

Will they be sending home a class full of kids because one child has the sniffles.

Until instant testing becomes available, it seems entirely unworkable.

Everyone knows that's the probable outcome but the government must be seen to try,

Advertisement