Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Is this clown actually for real, the pub bloke? I hope his business goes down the tubes.

Missed it, what did he say?
    I was still in shock from listening to Dr. Mary Flynn, someone directly involved and making decisions around tackling obesity.

Missed it, what did he say?
    I was still in shock from listening to Dr. Mary Flynn, someone directly involved and making decisions around tackling obesity.

To stop house parties the government should ban supermarkets, filling stations and off licenses from selling alcohol, but allow pubs to open - said by a third generation publican.

Basically a turkey wanting christmas to be made a vegan holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

To stop house parties the government should ban supermarkets, filling stations and off licenses from selling alcohol, but allow pubs to open - said by a third generation publican.

Basically a turkey wanting christmas to be made a vegan holiday.

Jaysus!

edit: I mean he might have some, argument if he suggested that all alcohol sales should cease.
    Not saying I'd agree with that, but there's more logic to it.

Texter into Pat said he saw 2 guys piling 15 slabs into their car.

I don't think you could fit 15 slabs into most standard cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Jaysus!

edit: I mean he might have some, argument if he suggested that all alcohol sales should cease.

They weren't complaining when retiring publicans were selling their licences to said off licences, filling stations and supermarkets.

• Advertisement

Jaysus!

Well you could put a cap on how many I suppose, but one trip to the supermarket to stock up on booze for the next few weeks, is better than people making multiple trips over multiple days.

For example my dad has left the house twice since March, both for medical appointments, on the way home he bought 3 bottles of whiskey and a bottle of gin and experienced some raised eyebrows. Sounds like a lot but that his stock for about 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I’ve been listening to our Minister for Health for the last 15 minutes.

He hasn’t the semblance of a clue of what he is talking about. He is making up policy on the hoof and is unable to answer any reasonable question.

Stephen Donnelly on with Pat. He doesn't seem to contemplate a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Roger_007 wrote: »
    He hasn’t the semblance of a clue of what he is talking about. He is making up policy on the hoof and is unable to answer any reasonable question.

Really...not a clue and couldn't answer any question? I must have been listening to a different interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’ve been listening to our Minister for Health for the last 15 minutes.

He is a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭elperello

He is a shambles.

Bit harsh.

It's a tough brief, I thought he did ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Stephen Donnelly on with Pat. He doesn't seem to contemplate a whole lot.

Let me walk you through it Pat.

Condescending fcuker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I didn't think there were many politicians I'd dislike as much as Richard Bruton, I find him a weasely little thing, can't stand him. I can now add Donnelly to that list, I wouldn't let him look after my goldfish, he's an out and out spoofer and a bad one at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Danny Healy Rae on now, talking about pubs. Sounds like he has just come out of one, an incoherent mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Danny Healy Rae, Kerry man of the people, TD and publican on now surprisingly wants pubs open.

"How does the virus know you're eating?" was his main point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

2smiggy wrote: »
    Danny Healy Rae on now, talking about pubs. Sounds like he has just come out of one, an incoherent mess.

Barely coherent self appointed talking head of de cuntry peepel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

murpho999 wrote: »
    Danny Healy Rae, Kerry man of the people, TD and publican on now surprisingly wants pubs open.

Well in fairness, that's been the main argument of a majority of posters in a lot of Covid threads on boards :D

I've taken to Lyric most mornings this week - I can just about do an hour of Pat, but I'm finding him more and more irritating as time goes on (he's sounding more and more like the class swot/know-it-all, and that little knowing "hmm" that he mutters under his breath before asking every single question drives me NUTS), and have decided I can't bear Claire Byrne on RTE despite the fluency of her lovely voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He’s enjoyed shutting down any “accusations” that he was calling for Phil Hogan’s head the last couple of days.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I heard the Healy-Rae bloke talking, what even language is that? Hard to believe people vote for that clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

BPKS wrote: »
    Let me walk you through it Pat.

Condescending fcuker.

He speaks fluent Project manager gibberish

• Advertisement

Hard to believe people vote for that clown.

Well, he fixed the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Don't be fooled by the Healy-Rae accent, he's a lot smarter than some of the clowns going around Leinster House with their stupid UK/American twang and an air of importance about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Denny61

mgn wrote: »
    Don't be fooled by the Healy-Rae accent, he's a lot smarter than some of the clowns going around Leinster House with their stupid UK/American twang and an air of importance about them.

Here here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd agree for Michael definitely , would not be too sure about Danny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The man can barely speak English, he's a moron. I think his supporters like to big up his cute-hoorism, sticking it to the D4 UK/American twang politicians in Dublin, but no, he's just an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The man can barely speak English, he's a moron. I think his supporters like to big up his cute-hoorism, sticking it to the D4 UK/American twang politicians in Dublin, but no, he's just an idiot.
    An idiot that knows how to get elected and game the system. That's probably more of an indictment of our political system, rather than an endorsement of his intelligence. Either way, fair play to him, he's succeeded where many others have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

You think everyone outside Dublin is a thick moran while you elect idiots like Paul Murphy, Boy Barrett, Brid Smith and Gino who never done a proper days work in their lives.
    What would you call what the do to get elected by turning up for every protest march that goes on in Dublin, is that cute-hoorism or have you got a different name for it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

murpho999 wrote: »

It wasn't actually. It was a stupid comment at the end.

His main point was that he wouldn't back the calls to open the pubs until he read the regulations.

Also made the point that in many cases regulations for business have been published a few days before they were allowed to open which is not very helpful.

DHR is a gobsh1te but he made a few good points like above. But certain people with certain accents will fail to acknowledge him, no matter what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I heard the Healy-Rae bloke talking, what even language is that?

That would be the English language.

Ah good, you've figured out the language...maybe you're not so good in the old linguistic knowledge.

If it's one thing that Danny Healy-Rae is not, it's an idiot...smoke and mirrors. Although he does his best to sound like an idiot at times. Michael is head and shoulders above him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

You think everyone outside Dublin is a thick moran while you elect idiots like Paul Murphy, Boy Barrett, Brid Smith and Gino who never done a proper days work in their lives.
    Well said. Just because they don't share the same accent as Healy-Rae doesn't mean that their ideas and policies aren't as idiotic. In many instances, they're much more idiotic, such as Brid Smiths clamoring for students to simply pick whichever course they would like to do in college this year, completely oblivious to the fact that there are a finite number of places.
    What would you call what the do to get elected by turning up for every protest march that goes on in Dublin, is that cute-hoorism or have you got a different name for it there.
    Such noble causes, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Advertisement