Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Good segment with Nicola Tallent & Joey O Callaghan discussing "The Witness" book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Good segment with Nicola Tallent & Joey O Callaghan discussing "The Witness" book.

I've heard it on The Stand, The Last Word and now Pat Kenny.

Another waste of resources from our so called Witness Protection Programme. That Collins fella from Limerick is another example - state spent millions on him and he decided he just wanted to come back to Limerick:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

BPKS wrote: »
    I've heard it on The Stand, The Last Word and now Pat Kenny.

Another waste of resources from our so called Witness Protection Programme. That Collins fella from Limerick is another example - state spent millions on him and he decided he just wanted to come back to Limerick:rolleyes:

I don't see it as a waste of money at all.

We need more of these, to get the top dogs put away.

Money well spent.

Surely the concept of day release for hardened criminals is a bigger waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

BPKS wrote:
    Another waste of resources from our so called Witness Protection Programme. That Collins fella from Limerick is another example - state spent millions on him and he decided he just wanted to come back to Limerick

He was never leaving. I think the State bought his premises for stupid money as a way of compensation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Maybe put the money into random covid testing instead ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

Maybe put the money into random covid testing instead ?

Better spent and more effective when targeted testing. Maybe employers should be encouraged to test employees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'd love to get a test but you have to have symptoms and I don't. I am a private health worker and work with the public which is why I would like a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭boardise

Some media carry-on makes me sick . This morning Kenny picking holes in new Covid plan even before it's published.
    He says 'I know we asked for detail...but this is messy'. That's the point about details Pat -you have to apply some actual focused thought to them. Anyway for heaven's sake -how hard is it to count to 3 or to 6 ?
    The electronic media have reduced large portions of the 'public' to stultified simpletons incapable of processing anything more than three word slogans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

A lot of citizens have been infantilised beyond belief here, its why an approach such as the Swedish one where citizens are given the information and left to act accordingly would never work here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

boardise wrote: »
    The electronic media have reduced large portions of the 'public' to stultified simpletons incapable of processing anything more than three word slogans.

I blame social media...it's turned people's brains to mush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this pandemic would have been much easier to manage pre 2000 , and before mass access to the internet. Social media has made it too easy for idiots to share their ideas en masse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

2smiggy wrote: »
    this pandemic would have been much easier to manage pre 2000 , and before mass access to the internet. Social media has made it too easy for idiots to share their ideas en masse.

This pandemic would have been a non-event if it happened pre 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I agree with ye but I believe the infantilisation and nannying was taking hold before electronic media became what it is now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

A lot of citizens have been infantilised beyond belief here, its why an approach such as the Swedish one where citizens are given the information and left to act accordingly would never work here

Unfortunately at least 50% of Irish citizens of all backgrounds are untrustworthy, selfish twats though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Unfortunately at least 50% of Irish citizens of all backgrounds are untrustworthy, selfish twats though.

Not sure about the 50%+ but definitely a good old number. We started patting ourselves on the back far too soon. Now we're back to the "ah would you relax, it's grand" kind of mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

It never ceases to amaze me how the Irish media love Alastair Campbell so much. He's their go to 'expert' on all things to do with Westminister politics.
    I suppose being part of 'left' with New Labour is all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Guaranteed anytime Campbell has a new book out Pat will have him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Butson

jay0109 wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me how the Irish media love Alastair Campbell so much. He's their go to 'expert' on all things to do with Westminister politics.
    I suppose being part of 'left' with New Labour is all that matters

Just listened to that rant, incredible. Pat didn't question his diatribe once.
    Also, how can Campbell be seen as any sort of neutral observer.

Comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Butson wrote: »
    Just listened to that rant, incredible. Pat didn't question his diatribe once.
    Also, how can Campbell be seen as any sort of neutral observer.

Comical.

Definitely a rant.........but was there any truth in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Butson

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Definitely a rant.........but was there any truth in it?

Probably, but usually you get a better view after the claims are questioned and probed.
    In this case, they were not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Seth Tillman on

His voice goes up to dolphin pitch levels when he’s arguing back

Honestly think PK has Seth on for comedy value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Seth Tillman on

It's like listening to Oliver Callan doing Joe Brolly...with an American accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Seth Tillman on

He's one of two voices Pat has on regularly that I immediately turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ol' Donie wrote: »

In fairness I’d say Irish based trump “academic” supporters are few and far between so Seth has been getting plenty of appearances these last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seth Tillman on

Complete BS artist. Comically bad.

Pat was unable to handle him.

You have to approach anti-fact people a certain way.

The first step in dealing with a Trump supporter is to ask them if they believe X is wrong, for example, solicit Russian Interference.

There is no point in arguing that Trump did it, because you'll spend a good 10 mins doing so, only for the Trumper to say "so what if he did?"

Save 10 mins by asking them the question first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I like when he’s on. I don’t agree with his “view” but it’s interesting to hear it.

He sounds like the sort of person who would argue with a stranger over the toss of a coin.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just listened back to him now. He didn't ever address any question, just responded by going high pitched and saying "do you think x?". At one point it sounded like PK was speaking to his producer saying he won't answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

dulpit wrote: »
    Just listened back to him now. He didn't ever address any question, just responded by going high pitched and saying "do you think x?". At one point it sounded like PK was speaking to his producer saying he won't answer...

OMG a male guest was SHRILL ... the end is nigh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kenny needs to be locked up, he's making Kim Jong-un look like Mary Poppins. He literally wants the Stasi to run the place.
    A very dangerous individual to have on the air waves

Advertisement