Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

Kenny needs to be locked up, he's making Kim Jong-un look like Mary Poppins. He literally wants the Stasi to run the place.
    A very dangerous individual to have on the air waves

Covid is far more dangerous, kenny is just talking, covid means business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

A full hour of Covid items since he came on an 9am. If the Covid doesn't get him, the stress will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Kenny needs to be locked up, he's making Kim Jong-un look like Mary Poppins. He literally wants the Stasi to run the place.

Ya, he was getting a bit over the top with his suggestions to have a curfew and why wouldn't it work?

Shout out to the lady that Henry McKean interviewed who thought the idea of pubs being open is a disgrace, while she sat drinking wine at a pub.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

dulpit wrote: »
    Ya, he was getting a bit over the top with his suggestions to have a curfew and why wouldn't it work?

Shout out to the lady that Henry McKean interviewed who thought the idea of pubs being open is a disgrace, while she sat drinking wine at a pub.. :pac:

I think Pat is just trying to expose the ridiculous nature of the proposals that are being made to contain the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I think Pat is just trying to expose the ridiculous nature of the proposals that are being made to contain the virus.

Yes and instead he wants a total crackdown with fines imposed on the spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Oh here we go again, dragging David Quinn from Iona out again. Is there no other holy joe out there that they can get to represent the few that go to mass on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Kim Jong Un... Stasi...Jaysus talk about an OTT response...Kenny couldn't match that.
    Maybe the reality isn't getting through..Dublin going back into partial lockdown..who knows what's coming down the line elsewhere..
    And judging by the lazy entitled behaviour of assorted ****wits which I see daily it's no wonder ...I don't believe we needed to be back here ..but this selfish behaviour is rarely called out .so off we go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

southstar wrote: »
    Kim Jong Un... Stasi...Jaysus talk about an OTT response...Kenny couldn't match that.

I agree, but I assumed it was a p1sstake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

And judging by the lazy entitled behaviour of assorted ****wits which I see daily it's no wonder ...I don't believe we needed to be back here ..but this selfish behaviour is rarely called out .so off we go again

Agree with this too. More stick and less carrot needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I fear a good portion of the populace will have to be nursed through this crisis, they have been infantilised so much in the preceeding decades into an almost childlike innocence and naivety not much sense of a common good its all me me me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Speaking of which, does Henry insist of finding the biggest gob****es for his voxpop pieces. I know the whole purpose is probably to get a reaction from the audience, but the participants need to be in some way representative of the listenership too.

Speaking of which, does Henry insist of finding the biggest gob****es for his voxpop pieces. I know the whole purpose is probably to get a reaction from the audience, but the participants need to be in some way representative of the listenership too.

He's a tabloid version of Paddy O'Gorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Kind of a harmless gob****e..on a work scheme with Newstalk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Kind of a harmless gob****e..on a work scheme with Newstalk..

He must have incriminating photos of “the redacted one”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I guess they record alot and pick and choose the 'best' ones, and by God do they get some idiots...

Seth Tillman on

His voice goes up to dolphin pitch levels when he’s arguing back

Honestly think PK has Seth on for comedy value

Just looked up a picture of him there, not your typical Trump supporter anyway, that's for sure.

He'd raise a few eyebrows walking into a Trump convention !

Law---Seth-Tillman-Barrett---NUI-Maynooth.jpg?itok=W38yvtK5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

MM on with PK now. I wonder will hard questions be asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

Not a bad suggestion from MM to use "influencers" to get the message across to teenagers. Much though I hate the very concept of "influencers", would it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mav11 wrote: »
    Not a bad suggestion from MM to use "influencers" to get the message across to teenagers. Much though I hate the very concept of "influencers", would it work?

Just as long as we're not paying them.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Ah, it'd probably just be a couple of down-with-the-kids 30-something Young Fine Gaelers navigating Tik Tok for the first time. At €70k pa each...

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't they pay them if they needed them to do a job? They surely pay advertising agencies at the moment for all of the Covid announcements/etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

To have Robert Fisk on downplaying the significance of the Israeli deal with Bahrain and the UAE was terrible. Why could he not at least have a bit of balance. Robert Fisk isn't taken seriously anymore because of his pro Arab bias..yet in Ireland his word is law ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BloodyBill wrote: »
    To have Robert Fisk on downplaying the significance of the Israeli deal with Bahrain and the UAE was terrible. Why could he not at least have a bit of balance. Robert Fisk isn't taken seriously anymore because of his pro Arab bias..yet in Ireland his word is law ..

Lol.

He's one of the most respected commentators of the ME in our generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Denny61

It says a lot about society especially young people nowadays ,when young people will pay no heed to experts in their fields and you have to revert to asking these enfluencers with only a few brain cells. Who up to now ,have been making a fortune off the young peoples nativity. To ask their fans to abide by rules ...

Denny61 wrote: »
    It says a lot about society especially young people nowadays ,when young people will pay no heed to experts in their fields and you have to revert to asking these enfluencers with only a few brain cells. Who up to now ,have been making a fortune off the young peoples nativity. To ask their fans to abide by rules ...

I think the issue is that it's not so much that young people are not paying heed to experts, it's that they're not even encountering them. They don't watch the news, they don't watch TV. So it makes sense to target them in a different manner to the middle aged population.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Denny61

I think the issue is that it's not so much that young people are not paying heed to experts, it's that they're not even encountering them. They don't watch the news, they don't watch TV. So it makes sense to target them in a different manner to the middle aged population.
    Yes exactly..you are 100per cent right

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Lol.

He's one of the most respected commentators of the ME in our generation.

Robert Fisk was one of the most respected commentators who definitely isn't anymore. No major station has him on..even RTE . He's so far left Che Guevara would wear a t shirt with his head on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Robert Fisk was one of the most respected commentators who definitely isn't anymore. No major station has him on..even RTE . He's so far left Che Guevara would wear a t shirt with his head on it.
    He's lost a lot of credibility over the years such is his blind hatred of Israel,
    Having Fisk and Alistair Campbell on so often undermines Pat's credibility. It's a real blind spot. They're borderline deranged.

However his coverage of the war in Syria really finished him as a trusted commentator. Not in Ireland though.

In 2006 in a front-page story, Fisk reported that Israel used depleted uranium shells in Lebanon. UN and Lebanese scientists found that there was no evidence to support the claim.

Five years later, in 2011, The Independent issued a correction to a Fisk story that referenced an order allegedly issued by Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz al-Saud, the Saudi minister of the interior, instructing security forces to show no mercy and to use live rounds on unarmed demonstrators. The Independent admitted the “order” was a forgery.

If Fisk is going to do a “Daraya” on Douma then he should consider a seat in the war crimes tribunal alongside #Assad and #Putin when the time comes. And it will.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/sep/07/syria-daraya-massacre-ghost-town

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/critics-leap-on-reporter-robert-fisk-s-failure-to-find-signs-of-gas-attack-fx7f3fs2r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

He won't be cut off I know people on the dole for 10 years plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

6 in 10 aren't paying their tiny rent? This Country is a joke, the bone idle get away with murder.

Advertisement