Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

6 in 10 aren't paying their tiny rent? This Country is a joke, the bone idle get away with murder.

Some with over 10 years of arrears.

And they'll get a bonus at Christmas time as well. A bonus for doing nothing. I'm in the wrong 'job'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Trump won't leave the White House if he loses the election."

This is the 2020 version of "If he has his hand over the red button he will blow up half the world".

We get it Pat, you and all your contributors don't like him, but at least have a shot at reporting the news instead of pointless scaremongering and unfounded conjecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

"Trump won't leave the White House if he loses the election."

This is the 2020 version of "If he has his hand over the red button he will blow up half the world".

We get it Pat, you and all your contributors don't like him, but at least have a shot at reporting the news instead of pointless scaremongering and unfounded conjecture.

Trump refusing to commit to accepting the result of the election is news. Given his spouting of conspiracy theories (that a "deep state" is trying to thwart him), his repeated questioning of the integrity of postal voting (while refusing to do anything to shore up its integrity), and his generally unhinged personality, I'm not surprised people are worried about what might happen should he lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pat can’t wait to get to the Trump taxes story.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pat can’t wait to get to the Trump taxes story.

He took it handy on him as he's wrapped up in the same type of schemes himself. He'd be a complete hypocrite if he made a deal out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

He took it handy on him as he's wrapped up in the same type of schemes himself. He'd be a complete hypocrite if he made a deal out of it.

Except Pat Kenny isn't a politician, he works for private company...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dulpit wrote: »
    Except Pat Kenny isn't a politician, he works for private company...

He's a company director the same as Trump, Kenny uses tax breaks and has recorder losses which would have reduced or eliminated his tax bill the same as Trump.
    It doesn't matter what he is, this is how business works, it's hard for the ordinary PAYE worker to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Kenny really has no time for the Greens. It's pure contempt and doesn't even try to hide it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

His chummy interview with Shane Ross sickened me.

This is the same Shane Ross who hid from interviews during his time as a Minister. His parish pump politics got a soft ride from the likes of Kenny compared to his colleagues from "down the country".

The last interview just showed a lot of what is wrong with the D4 centric Irish broadcasters - they are often afraid to sh1t on their own doorstep - and the results of this is Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

"Soviet"? Do keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat's in a foul humour this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Just wait until he starts covering the Galway students story...that's where his irritation is bubbling from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Cole wrote: »
    Just wait until he starts covering the Galway students story...that's where his irritation is bubbling from.

he's at it now :D

But Pete Lunn's "evidence based" data is based on what people say their behaviour is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Would love to hear Harrington tackling a Stormzy or Kanye track.

glad it wasn't just me who thought he was very narky this morning! He started with the Green party fella and it went on from there....... you could just hear his exasperation with everything!

glad it wasn't just me who thought he was very narky this morning! He started with the Green party fella and it went on from there....... you could just hear his exasperation with everything!

Next stop...Galway. Just get back in time for tomorrow's show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Seth Tillman and Larry Donnelly on to duke it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Seth again going up to ultra sonic pitch levels in his replies

Seth Tillman and Larry Donnelly on to duke it out

His inner Joe Brolly is starting to come out...moving up a pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I thought a Sesame St character had been brought on to debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Seth opening with talking about Antifa being an organisation and then saying Trump shouldn't have been asked to denounce the Proud Boys seems a bizarre angle to try to defend Trump.

Also, Seth suggesting people who believe Trump are still going to vote for him and the people who don't are going to vote for Biden seems to acknowledge Trump made no new fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

How come Newstalk cannot find anyone 'normal' to give the pro-Trump side? Seth is beyond a joke and Newstalk know that well

jay0109 wrote: »
    How come Newstalk cannot find anyone 'normal' to give the pro-Trump side? Seth is beyond a joke and Newstalk know that well

Because no-one normal is pro-Trump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Because no-one normal is pro-Trump?

Having spent a sh*t load of time in the US over the last 5 years (and further back) you'd be surprised at how many supporters Trump has, and what walks of life they come from. I predicted he'd win last time judging by what I saw, heard, and felt in the air; and though for pandemic reasons I haven't been in the US since last December I can't see that having changed enormously. I do think he's going to win again.

And I'm not a fan of Trump's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Having spent a sh*t load of time in the US over the last 5 years (and further back) you'd be surprised at how many supporters Trump has, and what walks of life they come from. I predicted he'd win last time judging by what I saw, heard, and felt in the air; and though for pandemic reasons I haven't been in the US since last December I can't see that having changed enormously. I do think he's going to win again.
    I agree!
    If one had to choose between Hilary Clinton and Trump, a huge section of people I know chose the non-politician. And in fairness, Trump is living up to some of his election promises. He will do pretty well again

As we know, the result can only be chosen in a Lahvlahn tellypole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm tired of the daily Trump rant. I even had to mute a chat group as it was full of texts about the debate. Exhausting!

Has PK forgotten about the children's hospital? :rolleyes:

I've spent a helluva lot of time in the US too. I know how many supporters Trump has.

However, its not so much that he won the 2016 election, its that Hilary lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've spent a helluva lot of time in the US too. I know how many supporters Trump has.

However, its not so much that he won the 2016 election, its that Hilary lost it.

Well whichever way you want to cut it, the outcome is the same.

And if you were there at the time and listening to media coverage (over there, let alone here), it seemed like it was going to be a walk-over for Hilary.

• Advertisement

Well whichever way you want to cut it, the outcome is the same.

And if you were there at the time and listening to media coverage (over there, let alone here), it seemed like it was going to be a walk-over for Hilary.

You keep telling me things I already know.

Advertisement