Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I like Pat Kenny and in past when he went on his Trump rant i used to switch over to Sean O'Rourke, but since Claire Byrne took over that slot the show is worse that listening to Kenny Trump bashing.

prunudo wrote: »
    I agree with many of the sentiments above. His obsession with everything Trump related is tiresome
    mgn wrote: »
    I like Pat Kenny and in past when he went on his Trump rant i used to switch over to Sean O'Rourke

What are you taking about? Most times when he covers Trump it is a 5 or 10 minute snippet of some stupid thing Trump did or said. And it's not every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

salonfire wrote: »
    What are you taking about? Most times when he covers Trump it is a 5 or 10 minute snippet of some stupid thing Trump did or said. And it's not every day.

It is every day and has being for the past four years, the man is obsessed with Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Most people with a brain would agree with PK re Trump surely. We need more of this type of thing.

I wish Trump well but am getting the feeling that it is timely for publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

salonfire wrote: »

I wish we could go back to the old days when POTUS was more like a president and less like a kid acting up with ADHD. Every second day is like "What the fcuk has he done now?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

A p1ssed off Pat (again) this morning. Can't really blame him talking to Sam McConkey...so rambling and vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Pat has had a lot of coffee this morning.

Sam McConkey is clearly drinking decaff...yawn

Go Pat! Delighted he's bashing Sam McConkey, he is away living in fairy land, he wants us to emulate the Faroe Islands, Guernsey and New Zealand, they are his best examples of where Ireland should be!! Ignore the rest of Europe Sam :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat Kenny and Sam McConkey should just move into their nuclear bunkers for 6 months and let the rest of us getting on with our lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Pat not too happy that Jim doesn't agree with him :pac:

BPKS wrote: »
    Pat Kenny and Sam McConkey should just move into their nuclear bunkers for 6 months and let the rest of us getting on with our lives.

maybe you didn't listen to the interview, but Pat and Sam are on different sides of the fence on this ;) Pat was spitting feathers!

To be fair to Pat he is on the side of moderation. Sam McConkey is not, and his ideas become more obscure and "la la land" by the day. You can hear Pat's frustration with him. I agree, heavy fines should be introduced to those not sticking to masks and going around in groups having parties, NOT level 5 for the entire country, most of which are doing their best and have done for 7 months.

maybe you didn't listen to the interview, but Pat and Sam are on different sides of the fence on this ;) Pat was spitting feathers!

To be fair to Pat he is on the side of moderation. Sam McConkey is not, and his ideas become more obscure and "la la land" by the day. You can hear Pat's frustration with him.

Sam has form. Was looking for parades to go ahead on Paddys Day when Italy was clearly beginning to going to hell. I'm tired of these "experts" and invited talking heads not singing off the same hymn sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

To be fair to Pat he is on the side of moderation. Sam McConkey is not, and his ideas become more obscure and "la la land" by the day. You can hear Pat's frustration with him. I agree, heavy fines should be introduced to those not sticking to masks and going around in groups having parties, NOT level 5 for the entire country, most of which are doing their best and have done for 7 months.

Pat is on the side of moderation???

Were you listening at all?
    Fines for all and sundry including kids in the park after school not wearing masks?

Pat is on the side of moderation???

Were you listening at all?
    Fines for all and sundry including kids in the park after school not wearing masks?

Yes! again I say this is in PREFERENCE to a Level 5 lockdown for the entire country, THIS was his point! I'd be happy to wear a mask all day, risk a fine if I didn't wear a mask, as long as I had my freedom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

The fella with twins and triplets and a couple of single calves am I missing something here? Heifers calf at similar time due to being served at same time - not a shocker! Not a huge farmer here (less than half what this farmer has) but would have twins every couple of years, never had triples but could happen if you are stocking 80 suckler cows year on year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Delighted he's bashing Sam McConkey, he is away living in fairy land, he wants us to emulate the Faroe Islands, Guernsey and New Zealand, they are his best examples of where Ireland should be!! Ignore the rest of Europe Sam :confused:
    To me, the best comparisons for Ireland are with the five countries in Europe with populations between five and six million.

Population densities for these countries are: Finland 16.33, Norway 16.58, Ireland 70.03, Slovakia 111.15, Denmark 134.91.

Covid death rates per million are: Slovakia 10, Norway 51, Finland 62, Denmark 114, Ireland 366.

14-day case incidence rates per 100,000 are: Finland 28, Norway 28, Ireland 104, Slovakia 119, Denmark 135.

Slovakia are far and away the European champions - we are 60% of their population density, and we're an island, as opposed to being in the middle of Europe, but we have 37 times their death rate :eek:

Apparently Slovakia's good results are down to mask wearing from (almost) day one, and early severe restrictions.

However their latest case rates indicates that adherence is probably slipping ...

serfboard wrote: »
    Apparently Slovakia's good results are down to mask wearing from (almost) day one, and early severe restrictions.

I think we really missed a trick on the whole mask issue. Took too long to adopt their use, in very limited locations and even now we still have people strolling in and out of shops etc. without them...with no consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Cole wrote: »
    I think we really missed a trick on the whole mask issue. Took too long to adopt their use, in very limited locations and even now we still have people strolling in and out of shops etc. without them...with no consequences.

Yeah but in Slovakia if you didn't follow the rules a policeman would get out his baton and dish out a few belts if you gave them a bit of jib back.

Here if a Guard asks somebody to wear a mask in the wrong tone, they would be threatened with GSOC and the some leftie goons would be giving out about it on radio and in the papers.

Here if a Guard asks somebody to wear a mask in the wrong tone, they would be threatened with GSOC and the some leftie goons would be giving out about it on radio and in the papers.

Let them do all they want. If something is legislated for and you commit an offence, then you can be (financially) punished...at the Garda's discretion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Yeah but in Slovakia if you didn't follow the rules a policeman would get out his baton and dish out a few belts if you gave them a bit of jib back.

Slovakia doesn't sounds like a great place.

BillyBird wrote: »
    Slovakia doesn't sounds like a great place.

Bet the don't have feral kids letting off fireworks and pushing people into canals.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Bet the don't have feral kids letting off fireworks and pushing people into canals.

I'd bet they have as much crime as we do.

We've had enough problems in Ireland with police losing the run of themselves as is without giving them free reign

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

serfboard wrote: »
    To me, the best comparisons for Ireland are with the five countries in Europe with populations between five and six million.

Population densities for these countries are: Finland 16.33, Norway 16.58, Ireland 70.03, Slovakia 111.15, Denmark 134.91.

Covid death rates per million are: Slovakia 10, Norway 51, Finland 62, Denmark 114, Ireland 366.

14-day case incidence rates per 100,000 are: Finland 28, Norway 28, Ireland 104, Slovakia 119, Denmark 135.

Slovakia are far and away the European champions - we are 60% of their population density, and we're an island, as opposed to being in the middle of Europe, but we have 37 times their death rate :eek:

However their latest case rates indicates that adherence is probably slipping ...

Majority of our deaths were nursing homes , masks wouldn’t have changed that situation .

There is also the question of reporting - with Covid or because of Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Pat only dying for extra powers and a stick to beat people with. Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this fellow on wants to close the off licences , except the hours of 9am to 11am, and open up the pubs. they can feck right off

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Pat only dying for extra powers and a stick to beat people with. Crazy

He is and he isn't. He doesn't sound like he thinks the chaos on the roads this morning is a good idea. He has just mentioned a breach of human rights and civil unrest!

He believes in penalties for non mask wearing - that's a fact! But I believe in that myself.
    Lately its kinda hard to know what side Pat is on, maybe he just plays Devils advocate?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

He has the GRA on, pat still salivating for extra powers

• Advertisement

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    He has the GRA on, pat still salivating for extra powers

he's actually not :confused::confused: Are we listening to a different show? He is actually asking what they Gardai are causing this stress and confusing this morning, he is reading out texts from people stuck in 10 mile tailbacks in Meath!

Advertisement