Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

he's actually not :confused::confused: Are we listening to a different show? He is actually asking what they Gardai are causing this stress and confusing this morning, he is reading out texts from people stuck in 10 mile tailbacks in Meath!

Some posters on this thread don't know when Pat is giving an opinion and when he's reading out a text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Really poor this morning on the checkpoints/ traffic. The advice is to work from home if possible, not you're fine to go to work. Lots of companies and managers have forced people back into the office when their job could be, and was being effectively done, remotely at the height of lockdown in March.

Completely wrong messaging by Kenny and Faughnan. City traffic being back to 80% isn't just essential workers who have to be on site/ builders/ plumbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

he's actually not :confused::confused: Are we listening to a different show? He is actually asking what they Gardai are causing this stress and confusing this morning, he is reading out texts from people stuck in 10 mile tailbacks in Meath!

He mentioned several times about giving them extra powers etc. Ie What is the point of checks without them?
    It’s obvious pat would welcome more draconian powers to stop people, he keeps mentioning them

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Kenny banging the drums for more restrictions or "circuit breaker" as it's called now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Henry out on the street doing interviews and it's just noise of traffic. Terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

murpho999 wrote: »
    Henry out on the street doing interviews and it's just noise of traffic. Terrible

Is it me or does Henry pick interviews with people on the street with the maddest heads on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The primary school kid nailed it with Henry, government have no plan and Micheál Martin looks like a granny with no teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Alice Leahy deserves a serious award for her lifetime work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

murpho999 wrote: »

I thought the interview was quite good, I've never heard of Alice Leahy. I guess the issue is that with Covid they can't be standing on top of each other, meaning a lot of background noise got picked up. Did seem like a particularly noisy spot they were in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is it me or does Henry pick interviews with people on the street with the maddest heads on them?

Pretty sure I heard him interview a woman last week who said she won't wear a mask cos what if you had asthma and den couldn't breath, but that everyone she's seen is wearing one except the foreigners who don't wear them.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Pretty sure I heard him interview a woman last week who said she won't wear a mask cos what if you had asthma and den couldn't breath, but that everyone she's seen is wearing one except the foreigners who don't wear them.

Was that the one in Drogheda where it gave the impression that that town was tinfoil hat central?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Was Luke O'Neill on this morning? He's usually on Monday and Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The primary school kid nailed it with Henry, government have no plan and Micheál Martin looks like a granny with no teeth.

If ever an interview proved the old saying "children should be seen and not heard" that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I have to laugh at Pat's steady stream of Guardian columnists and left wing commentators, queuing up to have a pop at Boris Johnson. In fact this is replicated across most media platforms.

The reality is, that if the likes of Pat Kenny lived in the U.K. he would most likely vote Conservative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

I have to laugh at Pat's steady stream of Guardian columnists and left wing commentators, queuing up to have a pop at Boris Johnson. In fact this is replicated across most media platforms.

The reality is, that if the likes of Pat Kenny lived in the U.K. he would most likely vote Conservative.
    I think you can separate the two, though.

The likes of Pat Kenny, a pension-age millionaire living in Dalkey, most likely votes Fine Gael. However, there's a big difference in competence between Leo Varadkar and Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,501 ✭✭✭✭L1011

serfboard wrote: »
    I think you can separate the two, though.

The likes of Pat Kenny, a pension-age millionaire living in Dalkey, most likely votes Fine Gael. However, there's a big difference in competence between Leo Varadkar and Boris Johnson.

He's also ex-RTE and an ex-RTC lecturer; he's probably still wondering where Democratic Left went!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Pat all to ready to criticise Boris much faster than our own politicians.

Now it turns out, we have perhaps more cases than England per population.

The media here can't get on their high horse to criticise the London Government for rejecting medical advice, after our own government did it last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat Kenny has gone from blaming cyclists and joggers for spreading the virus back in the Spring to laying the blame squarely at the feet of GAA teams celebrating and young people at house parties now.

I recall that Pat was an advocate for opening up golf clubs at the start given that golfers social distanced etc. He had the same argument for tennis clubs.

Funny how Pat fails to recognise or acknowledge at the time the group of super spreader golfers who went from Dublin to Tullamore and infected employees in the hotel resulting in its closure. It was a story glossed over on his show.

He has also failed to recognise that a lot of the behaviour we saw in August and September where people congregated to enjoy themselves after a tough 4 or 5 months stemmed from the two-fingers that the elite gave us up in Clifden (after they were all golfing Pat).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Alice Leahy: 'you've a lot of listeners on Newstalk Henry, they listen especially when they know i'll be on'
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

BPKS wrote: »
    Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Switched the dial

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Howyadealinwidit?

A set up for a phone-in string of misery of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Healy Alert

Had it switched off in 3 seconds flat

Piehead wrote: »
    Switched the dial

switched it off! In fact no radio at all this morning, its wrecking my head! Speculation, analysis, reports, updates.............Sick to death of all media at this stage! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Healy to a courier texting in that he's shattered working 12-14 hour shifts..."I understand your pain". Of course you do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Tuned into this Healy lad for a listen....christ hes some eejit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

My god, Catherine would not be stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

When yer all finished.... if you don't like Kenny's replacement then good bye, don't bother us with it.

Maybe you'd rather listen to Tubridy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

BarryM wrote: »
    When yer all finished.... if you don't like Kenny's replacement then good bye, don't bother us with it.

Maybe you'd rather listen to Tubridy?

Tubridy would be a step too far.
    I don’t listen to Healy because he has no clue how to interview anyone. He asks questions and then answers them himself before his interviewee has a chance to open their mouth.
    I find it hard to believe that Newstalk has nobody better than Healy to fill in for Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Tubridy would be a step too far.
    I don’t listen to Healy because he has no clue how to interview anyone. He asks questions and then answers them himself before his interviewee has a chance to open their mouth.
    I find it hard to believe that Newstalk has nobody better than Healy to fill in for Pat.

Big shoes to fill standing in for PK.

Healy isn't too bad really but in comparison to Pat he's just an apprentice.

What we are looking at is the future of Irish daytime radio unless a few newcomers get a chance to find their mo-jo.

PK could say "Après moi, le déluge" and he'd be right.

Advertisement