Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

Well I think people just find his nonsense funny in Ireland.

The media is finally beginning to reflect that.

Only a hard-core of nuts get very angry/supportive about someone that doesn't affect Ireland.

There are dozens of threads on boards where thats not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There are dozens of threads on boards where thats not the case.

People on boards don't reflect the population. Most people just laugh at Trump.

People on boards don't reflect the population. Most people just laugh at Trump.

As I said, on this thread in the recent past there were people complaining that Pat was unfair to Trump which is why I found your comment bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ish66 wrote: »
    That Jess Kelly can be annoying at times !

Careful now she was giving out about boards last week, seemingly had a spat with someone here...I find her very hard to listen to and pretty clueless when it comes to tech rarely find myself agreeing with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Ish66 wrote: »
    That Jess Kelly can be annoying at times !

Did she mention her love for Huawei by any chance...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

Please tell me how the GAA playing matches will save lives?

Its just about the only thing many older people living alone have to look forward to. It will save some people from ending it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

crossman47 wrote: »
    Its just about the only thing many older people living alone have to look forward to. It will save some people from ending it all.

As mad as this sounds this is very true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

NO. I don't agree. 95% of us have been following guidelines. I never go in to my local shops without seeing 100% of mask wearing!
    This government paid money to people to staycation in Ireland!!! They encouraged us! They allowed colleges go back and GAA matches take place everywhere while most of us hardworking middle aged people have been doing our best. This is mismanagement of the highest order of the HSE. Paul Reid is a useless soundpiece! Donnelly is completely out of his depth. Messaging is all over the place and people are completely confused regarding restrictions today!
    EVERY SINGLE HOUSEHOLD got a bloody print out of "living with Covid" just 2 weeks ago. How much did that cost?? Now its in the bin because we have a new Level 5 with certain conditions and exemptions!

i cant remember the last time i saw someone without a mask in a shop , as far as i can see the vast vast majority of people are acting responsibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Dr Jim McDaid talking a whole lot of sense!

ever follow his son Garreth on Twitter ?

hes very impressive , bit of a bitcoin devotee but very sharp otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i cant remember the last time i saw someone without a mask in a shop , as far as i can see the vast vast majority of people are acting responsibly

Don't know where you're living...went into local newsagent yesterday..owner and assistant not wearing masks..two other customers entered separately without any masks... barbershop a few doors down there of five including barber without masks... see lazy bull**** like this all over..on a daily basis....so whining on about the government only holds a certain amount of water.
    I mean look at the pitch invasions after some of those matches...how ****in dumb do you need to be...high spirits/letting guard down is just an infantile cop out...although there is a good case for county GAA/golf clubs/even some church servives.to proceed with caution.
    I think Kenny was just asking Donnelly to apply targeted risk analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

southstar wrote: »
    Don't know where you're living...went into local newsagent yesterday..owner and assistant not wearing masks..two other customers entered separately without any masks... barbershop a few doors down there of five including barber without masks... see lazy bull**** like this all over..on a daily basis....so whining on about the government only holds a certain amount of water.
    I mean look at the pitch invasions after some of those matches...how ****in dumb do you need to be...high spirits/letting guard down is just an infantile cop out...although there is a good case for county GAA/golf clubs/even some church servives.to proceed with caution.

No one wearing them in garages either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Careful now she was giving out about boards last week, seemingly had a spat with someone here...I find her very hard to listen to and pretty clueless when it comes to tech rarely find myself agreeing with her.

I change station before the Alvin & The Chipmunks dulcet tones come on.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    ever follow his son Garreth on Twitter ?

hes very impressive , bit of a bitcoin devotee but very sharp otherwise

Hes interesting, a bit of a chip off the old block. He ran as a candidate for the greens at one time.

He can be a bit abrasive and I dont always agree with him, but hes not afraid to call bull**** when he sees it. And there is a lot of bull**** on there.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just listening to that UK doctor, (Elaine Maxwell), talking about ‘research‘ they have done on ‘Long Covid’. She had no hard facts, no numbers of cases and only vague descriptions of symptoms ; in other words, just anecdotal stories she appears to have gleaned from the internet. Pat made no effort to pin her down on the details or methodology of her research.
    This is scaremongering at its worst.

In small shops/garages compliance is lower, but is still very high.

And that's usually because people have forgotten their mask and are only going in for 1 minute to get milk.

People don't want to wear masks. It's as simple as that. This doesn't mean they are part of the anti mask nut group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I really, really hope I misheard that little bit of the Friday forum that was on there.

Did Healy Ray say hare coarsing is an elite sport, or am I (hopefully) imagining things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

In small shops/garages compliance is lower, but is still very high.

And that's usually because people have forgotten their mask and are only going in for 1 minute to get milk.

You're probably right, but it's still no excuse.
    People don't want to wear masks. It's as simple as that. This doesn't mean they are part of the anti mask nut group.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. I think what a few of us on here were doing is offering a very different observation/experience. I think mask wearing is pretty good now in most (large) retailers, but I think it's pretty reasonable to counter claims that compliance on the guidelines and mask wearing is 95/100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just listened back to the piece from this morning about the Trump-Biden debate. For once it was token democrat versus token republican, breath of fresh air. Really shows up the pointlessness of the usual pieces that has someone saying Trump is amazing, the other saying he's the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

dulpit wrote: »
    Just listened back to the piece from this morning about the Trump-Biden debate. For once it was token democrat versus token republican, breath of fresh air. Really shows up the pointlessness of the usual pieces that has someone saying Trump is amazing, the other saying he's the devil.

Who was the token Republican?

dulpit wrote: »

Yeah it should be taken for granted that both Democrat and Republican are bad, much different to Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Who was the token Republican?

Sorry, I realised that a typo ruined my point. What I meant to say was that it WASN'T a token democrat and token republican on...

Robert Fisk has died.

I'm sure Pat will have a tribute to his regular contributor tomorrow. A great loss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Very sad news about Robert Fisk.

The 40+ years he spent reporting on the various goings on in the Middle East and North Africa came across in his contributions. He was well versed and always insightful.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

Oh dear, I'm sorry to see this. He was always very interesting to read and listen to. I'm surprised to see that he died in Ireland though - I had assumed he was still living out in Beirut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Kenny very broken up about it, Fisk was one of the greats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'll never forget Fisk on the Last Word circa 2001 having a debate with some Israeli guy.

Dunphy later admitted just leaving them at it as he didn't really understand the nuances of what Fisk was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

This feckin profesor again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

neris wrote: »
    This feckin profesor again

A very welcome positive contributor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

He might be positive & the polar opposite of George Lee but gets tedious when you've the same people on all the time across radio & tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Unlike Paul Murphy. :pac:

Advertisement