Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

So this lads whine his he's being refused planning permission and thinks he can do what he wants on the lands of rural Ireland??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

neris wrote: »
    So this lads whine his he's being refused planning permission and thinks he can do what he wants on the lands of rural Ireland??

Where did he say that?

He has planning permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Deluded woman here, Biden is racist against Mexicans, Trump isn't! Jesus wept!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Deluded woman here, Biden is racist against Mexicans, Trump isn't! Jesus wept!!!!!!

I dislike the usual, predictable ridiculing of why people vote for Trump, but this woman...wow

Putting 5 million on Trump to win?

He must be very well off. You should never put on a bet you can't afford to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Putting 5 million on Trump to win?

He must be very well off. You should never put on a bet you can't afford to lose.

One time (at band camp) I was in Vegas saw a guy put and lose 5 bets of $50k each at the roulette wheel in our Hotel in the approx. 5 minutes I was watching whilst waiting for herself. She arrived and we went out for dinner. Passed by about 4 hours later on the way back to the room and he was still at the same table. I've been more upset losing €20 than he appeared to be losing $250,000. Some people have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I hope Pat's producer brought a few Xanax to calm Pat down this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

looking forward to this:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Pat doesn't understand the concept of Union amongst American States i.e. that all States are equal in terms of representation in the Senate.
    He seems to think it's unfair that Delaware gets as many Senators as California!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

deranged debate

• Advertisement

This fcuking stupidity again.

Ballina is the heartland of Biden.

Doonbeg is the heartland of Trump.

Er, no they aren't. They are villages in the west of Ireland, thousands of miles from America.

Newstalk scraping the barrel now - they have Mrs Brown on the news giving out about Trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I'm almost at the point that I hope Biden wins just so we don't have to listen to another four years of the liberal bitching and moaning over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

More implied Trump is like Hitler narrative and the only winner for the sake of the world is Biden. If Biden does not win apparently the world is doomed, DOOMED!

The hysteria is laughable no matter who is elected, the average man on the street in Ireland will not be affected no matter who is elected in America.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jay0109 wrote: »
    Pat doesn't understand the concept of Union amongst American States i.e. that all States are equal in terms of representation in the Senate.
    He seems to think it's unfair that Delaware gets as many Senators as California!

It is unfair though.

dulpit wrote: »
    It is unfair though.

The alternative is that New York and LA decide what is best for the entire country.

dulpit wrote: »
    It is unfair though.

Not one bit unfair. It's a Union between equal states as agreed to by all when they joined as one country.
    Think Ireland and the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

BPKS wrote: »

Er, no they aren't. They are villages in the west of Ireland, thousands of miles from America.
    Same craic over on Rte1, just lasy reporting tinged with paddywackery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

and dont forget the back end of Offaly is Obama country :rolleyes:

neris wrote: »
    and dont forget the back end of Offaly is Obama country :rolleyes:

All of Offaly is 'the back end' :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,501 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dopey Irish arselicking Yanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Why are sports types so crap sounding in ads, Sullivan and your GAA man etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

no matter who is elected, the average man on the street in Ireland will not be affected no matter who is elected in America.
    Not true at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm almost at the point that I hope Biden wins just so we don't have to listen to another four years of the liberal bitching and moaning over here.

Irish have been hysterical, pathetic and ridiculous about Trump.

He doesn't affect us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jay0109 wrote: »
    Not one bit unfair. It's a Union between equal states as agreed to by all when they joined as one country.
    Think Ireland and the EU

Just because it's the rules, doesn't make it fair. Clearly at this stage with the way that population has moved, something needs to be done here. My brother-in-law is from Arizona, I was looking it up and the county he's from (Maricopa) is bigger than 23 states. But those smaller states have a bigger influence than just 1 county in a State.

And don't forget DC without senators, and Puerto Rico without any say at all (one of the only places in the world US Citizens can't vote - if you move from Florida to UK you keep your vote, if you move to Puerto Rico you lose it). Again, these are the current rules, but doesn't make it fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭elperello

QUOTE=BPKS;115169345]Newstalk scraping the barrel now - they have Mrs Brown on the news giving out about Trump[/QUOTE]

Brendan O'Carroll lives in Florida and has a life long interest in politics.

His mother was a Labour Party TD.

He's well placed to give an opinion as an Irish man at large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Irish have been hysterical, pathetic and ridiculous about Trump.

He doesn't affect us.

Hmm.

Have you ever heard of climate change?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

elperello wrote: »
    QUOTE=BPKS;115169345]Newstalk scraping the barrel now - they have Mrs Brown on the news giving out about Trump

Brendan O'Carroll lives in Florida and has a life long interest in politics.

His mother was a Labour Party TD.

He's well placed to give an opinion as an Irish man at large.[/quote]

Cool - spokesperson for Brendan O Carroll in the house . When his view is a constant tirade against all things trump Then no , I don’t think he’s well placed at all . He lives in a state that majority voted for Trump so maybe he could spend some time with his neighbours to get a better understanding of the situation .its the same rant every time and that was the only reason he was asked to speak .

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hmm.

Have you ever heard of climate change?

Hi Greta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

serfboard wrote: »
    Not true at all.

Of course it is lives will not be any different in Ireland if Biden or Trump wins.
    You can dress it up anyway you like. But I know the majority of people in Ireland will be unaffected by the result. Despite some people pretending it will.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement