Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Americans love their flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,918 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Americans mostly love using their flags as props to demand allegiance to conservative ideals.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

This is some great Pat Kenny chat lads. :pac:

Morathi wrote: »
    This is some great Pat Kenny chat lads. :pac:

It's about active topics and how they are discussed on the show.

I for one prefer it to the 'They're terrible - No they're not - Yes, they are - No, they aren't' which most of the other radio threads are limited to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Disagree, it's turning into a CA/Politics thread, plenty of them already on this topic.

• Advertisement

Morathi wrote: »
    Disagree, it's turning into a CA/Politics thread, plenty of them already on this topic.

What topic would you like to discuss in relation to the Pat Kenny show?

Genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,926 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What is Pat going to do when Trump leaves office in 2 weeks time. The man is obsessed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What is Pat going to do when Trump leaves office in 2 weeks time. The man is obsessed!

I was going to say the same! :D

Limerick town alert and Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

He's afraid that Rathkeale will get a bad name, should I tell him?

• Advertisement

Travellers not adhering to the rules it seems.

Shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

be easier to bulldoze the entire town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Can anybody become a Traveller, I kind of like the idea of doing what I like, when I like, without the Guards ever bothering me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭prunudo

To be fair, it wasn't the usual apologist type piece the Irish media do. But after being told he'd get the head boxed off him if he didn't leave, I'm not surprised he didn't give them a free pass.
    In saying that, it does appear to be the returning travellers and not the local ones that are the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Pat will need a good lie-down after this morning. Losing his patience with loop holes in Covid restrictions and now car imports post Brexit...more power to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Cole wrote: »
    Pat will need a good lie-down after this morning. Losing his patience with loop holes in Covid restrictions and now car imports post Brexit...more power to him.

I thought he was going to pass out or something when he found out front line healthcare staff can refuse to be tested :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Klonker wrote: »
    I thought he was going to pass out or something when he found out front line healthcare staff can refuse to be tested :pac:

Hehehe. Yes that was funny. Pat Kenny is very smart man but completely unable to understand that people often don't behave as they are supposed to. Sometimes compliance of majority and most of the time is as good as it will get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

meeeeh wrote: »
    Hehehe. Yes that was funny. Pat Kenny is very smart man but completely unable to understand that people often don't behave as they are supposed to. Sometimes compliance of majority and most of the time is as good as it will get.

But people can be made to comply e.g. all members of staff in a nursing home must agree to be (regularly) tested for Covid-19 and non-compliance = P45

I'm guessing the reality is that healthcare staff don't usually object to being tested, but I can understand Pat's frustration that the possibility exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Klonker wrote: »

I wonder was Pat one of the media people ridiculing managers in hospitals and nursing homes a few years ago when they were trying to make the flu vaccine more palatable by offering staff that got it a box of chocolates.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Hold My Hand

I think that Pat’s interview style has changed. Heard his recent interviews with Tony Holohan and Micheál Martin and thought he was quite rude in both. He kept interrupting Tony H and his interview with Micheál M started off with an attacking question. Think Covid pandemic is getting to Pat. I used to find him a more balanced presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I think that Pat’s interview style has changed. Heard his recent interviews with Tony Holohan and Micheál Martin and thought he was quite rude in both. He kept interrupting Tony H and his interview with Micheál M started off with an attacking question. Think Covid pandemic is getting to Pat. I used to find him a more balanced presenter.

he is still his calm , balanced self most of the time. He does get frustrated more often though. Hard to blame him really with some of the people he is interviewing. and what is going on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Agreed.

Not sure if it's personal, or an editorial policy, but he is needlessly aggressive with interviewees, not letting them answer, and being condescending with his approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wonder will Pat get the shrill lad back on , the Trump apologist from the University? Probably gone into hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Allinall wrote: »
    Agreed.

Not sure if it's personal, or an editorial policy, but he is needlessly aggressive with interviewees, not letting them answer, and being condescending with his approach.

He always had that condescending manner - check out old appearances on Reeling in the years.

He is off the rails with obsessing about COVID and Trump.
    Time for him to step back methinks. His reaction to and comments about nursing staff and mandatory testing was hilarious.

Yeah and if he went easier on Michael Martin, there'd be people on here giving out that he's gone soft.

Tune into any other news programme and those are the two top stories. Have been for weeks if not months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Yeah and if he went easier on Michael Martin, there'd be people on here giving out that he's gone soft.

Tune into any other news programme and those are the two top stories. Have been for weeks if not months.

What happens in the most powerful Western (soon to be ex?) democracy has always been of huge relevance over here, I'm guessing some of the comments on here are by young people who don't know that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

We might give out about Pat, but when he hangs up the earphones I can't think of anyone as good on the radio at the minute, I'll miss him

pc7 wrote: »
    We might give out about Pat, but when he hangs up the earphones I can't think of anyone as good on the radio at the minute, I'll miss him

He's actually a grand guy to chat with, the one time I was in the bar after his TV show he actually came to chat with me, a complete nobody and stranger, ignoring VIPs who looked a bit disappointed. Got me to hold his pint of Guinness as he popped into the gents. Then asked my opinion on how the show went, and offered his own one that it was a bit cr@p, he didn't give it his best. So I came away with a different view of him than the one you might imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He always had that condescending manner - check out old appearances on Reeling in the years.

Time for him to step back methinks. His reaction to and comments about nursing staff and mandatory testing was hilarious.

Who would you like to see him replaced with?

I for one cant see anyone better around than him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He’s constantly annoyed, or frustrated, by our lack of using the antibody test that costs a fiver and could be performed daily to stop asymptomatic spreading of the virus.

It would, in his opinion, save time and money. Not sure he’s gotten a satisfactory explanation on why we haven’t gone down this route.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement