Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

mgn wrote: »
    Who would you like to see him replaced with?

I for one cant see anyone better around than him.

The ones coming up behind him don't give me much cause for optimism... all of a similar mind, products of the new groupthink afraid to say anything even mildly controversial lest they be admonished and excommunicated and banished by the new church of pc wokeness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

The ones coming up behind him don't give me much cause for optimism... all of a similar mind, products of the new groupthink afraid to say anything even mildly controversial lest they be admonished and excommunicated and banished by the new church of pc wokeness

Spot on.

He’s constantly annoyed, or frustrated, by our lack of using the antibody test that costs a fiver and could be performed daily to stop asymptomatic spreading of the virus.

It would, in his opinion, save time and money. Not sure he’s gotten a satisfactory explanation on why we haven’t gone down this route.

No one has offered a satisfactory explanation. No wonder he's frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

No one has offered a satisfactory explanation. No wonder he's frustrated.

He keeps asking different guests who should be able to give some sort of answer, but no one can give him any sort of an answer. no wonder he is cracking up !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I was an avid listener of Pat on his RTE show, but I drifted away when he went to Newstalk and stayed with Sean O'Rourke, who did a great job. I do think Pat has lost the plot a bit with the Trump stuff, but I've come back to him again...largely because of the awful alternatives...so I should be grateful for the likes of Claire Byrne for being so bad.

He does seem a bit more cranky, but so am I, so I kind of feel his pain. Like yesterday when Andrea Gilligan was telling him that she would be discussing the return of the Sex in the City and Pat replied that he'd never seen it and (more or less) said off you go and discuss that sh1te on your show if you want.

Even if a bit Trump obsessed and cranky, he's still the best out there.

• Advertisement

He is off the rails with obsessing about COVID and Trump.
    Time for him to step back methinks. His reaction to and comments about nursing staff and mandatory testing was hilarious.

I'm currently watching CNN. Guess what their two main stories are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,918 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He always had that condescending manner - check out old appearances on Reeling in the years.

He is off the rails with obsessing about COVID and Trump.
    Time for him to step back methinks. His reaction to and comments about nursing staff and mandatory testing was hilarious.

Lol. Have a look at some of the other threads about other current affairs commentators to see if any one would be a better candidate than Pat.

Pat himself is obviously ok with Jonathan Healy given Jonathan is his stand in and has been for a number of years. I'm fine with Jonathan as well but even I can see he's not on Pat's level and he gets nothing but abuse here on the days he is on.

every time I hear Stephen Donnelly speak he sounds more and more like a chancer ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

2smiggy wrote: »
    every time I hear Stephen Donnelly speak he sounds more and more like a chancer ...

He sounds clear and coherent to me.

At least Pat is letting him speak. So far.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Contradicting WHO now.
    Chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HappyHelen

I find Donnelly insufferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He's a spoofer

Allinall wrote: »

At least Pat is letting him speak. So far.....

Aaand... normal service has been resumed.

yes , well able to talk. Just like a car sales man, not too sure I'd believe (or he believes) too much of what he is saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,963 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Donnelly is seriously struggling here.
    Being destroyed by Kenny

yes , well able to talk. Just like a car sales man, not too sure I'd believe (or he believes) too much of what he is saying

that's on you then.

Believe it or not, most car salesmen ( and women) are honest and up front about what they're selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

zell12 wrote: »
    Donnelly is seriously struggling here.
    Being destroyed by Kenny

I think we all hear what we want to hear.

To my ears it reminded it me of a bad teacher lecturing a child someone handing up homework.

Really poor stuff from both of them.

Pat is about to blow a gasket talking about Trump, the sooner he is gone, the better for Pat's health !!

that's on you then.

Believe it or not, most car salesmen ( and women) are honest and up front about what they're selling.

Rubbish.

Pat is about to blow a gasket talking about Trump, the sooner he is gone, the better for Pat's health !!

The sooner he is gone, the better for everyones health.

A man who is banned from Twitter but still has access to the nuclear launch codes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I think we all hear what we want to hear.

True to an extent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Why don't people see through that bumbling fool Eamon Ryan, the man is clueless.

mgn wrote: »
    Why don't people see through that bumbling fool Eamon Ryan, the man is clueless.

Never mind Sleepy Joe, he should have the moniker Sleepy Eamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat wondering why they stopped the county lockdowns after they had done it in Offaly, Laois and Kildare.

Because Pat the next county to go above the 100 per 100k was Dublin and they didn't have the balls to do the same there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I don't understand this addiction to the Leaving Certificate. No other western country solely relies on one exam to show your performance over 12 years - all it shows is that you can regurgitate stuff better than the person beside you. Why didn't the government do a Plan B after last years nonsence and no, in my opinion, you can't expect children who have missed 3 to 6 months of class work to then go into school and perform at their best. This is why it should always be self assessment ongoing throughout 5th / 6th years with normal tests, christmas, end of year / term and a large test at the end but not solely rely on the test. I'd love to see Pat miss 3-6 months of class work and go in and do a test if you want medicine etc. Its nonsence.

I don't understand this addiction to the Leaving Certificate. No other western country solely relies on one exam to show your performance over 12 years - all it shows is that you can regurgitate stuff better than the person beside you. Why didn't the government do a Plan B after last years nonsence and no, in my opinion, you can't expect children who have missed 3 to 6 months of class work to then go into school and perform at their best. This is why it should always be self assessment ongoing throughout 5th / 6th years with normal tests, christmas, end of year / term and a large test at the end but not solely rely on the test. I'd love to see Pat miss 3-6 months of class work and go in and do a test if you want medicine etc. Its nonsence.

I'm basing this on my Leaving Cert nearly 20 years ago. Presumeably, things have changed since then, but from what I remember the vast majority of my LC study was reading and memorising things.

When the intial lockdown was announced back in March we were told to work from home going forward. My boss set up a daily call at 9.30 every morning, we check in or ask questions or he gives out tasks to do.

Why can't teachers do something similar? "Yesterday I asked you to read chapter 4, does anyone have any questions? Today please read chapter 5".

That way, the people who want medicine or what ever will read the material or write the essays, and the people who don't, probably won't.

That can go further as well. The people who show up for the morning zoom call can be recorded and that will go towards a predicted grade if they opt for that over the full blown exam. I'd have been happy to attend everyday and take a predicted grade.

I don't blame Pat for getting annoyed with her. She has an irritating way of talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat being extremely ignorant to this guest.

He has no knowledge of the H&S legislation obviously but keeps interrupting the woman when she is trying to speak.

"Not everything you say is important" - who shat in his Weetabix this morning?

BPKS wrote: »
    Pat being extremely ignorant to this guest.

He has no knowledge of the H&S legislation obviously but keeps interrupting the woman when she is trying to speak.

"Not everything you say is important" - who shat is his Weetabix this morning?

Ah come on, she was a head wreck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I don't blame Pat for getting annoyed with her. She has an irritating way of talking.

Did he say to her "not everything you say is important" 😀

Advertisement