Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is this woman!?

/worlds smallest violin for those feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

mike65 wrote: »
    Who is this woman!?

/worlds smallest violin for those feckers.
    Don't know who she is but she has a neck as hard as a jockeys bollix.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Pat said he couldn't challenge Bertie because Bertie was on the phone and would hang up and all that would result would be a headline "Bertie hangs up on interview".

Does he really think a man with an ego for public adoration like Bertie would hang up on a interview with a national station. And if he did then the resulting ****storm would force Bertie out to do an actual interview. Pat had no problem making "headlines" during the presidential election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Are you sure it wasnt a Traveller's communion you walked in on, Pat.

American complaining he can't buy a gun in Tesco. What planet does he live on?:eek:

• Advertisement

Suddenly the reasonable Yank shows his true "colors".

Suddenly the reasonable Yank shows his true "colors".
    This guys attitude explains a lot of what is happening in the USA.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

So King Rat bertie ahern is sticking he's head out of the nest he's been hiding in the last few years!

Pat better nail him, the bloody gangster.

Nailing politicians is probably the one area where Sean O Rourke has always been ahead of Pat. Sean is a Paxman-like Rottweiler when he gets going. Pat doesnt have that brutal bloodly-minded streak running through him.

As for having Bertie Ahern the pariah on the show, well its a stroke of genius from Newstalk. Look at the number of comments his appearance on the show has generated on this thread since this morning, you can be sure people are still talking about Bertie and his brass neck the length and breadth of the country and newstalk will be referenced in many of those conversations.

Putting Bertie anywhere near a microphone in this country is tantamount to parading the leader of the Ku klux Klan through the streets of harlem, he may be utterly detestable but you'll more than likely be glued.

heybaby wrote: »
    As for having Bertie Ahern the pariah on the show, well its a stroke of genius from Newstalk. Look at the number of comments his appearance on the show has generated on this thread since this morning, you can be sure people are still talking about Bertie and his brass neck the length and breadth of the country and newstalk will be referenced in many of those conversations.

Putting Bertie anywhere near a microphone in this country is tantamount to parading the leader of the Ku klux Klan through the streets of harlem, he may be utterly detestable but you'll more than likely be glued.

True that, one could imagine FF central office cringing when they realised he was on air, knowing what the listener reaction was likely to be. They be doing their level best to keep Ahern and Cowan as far from the media as possible over the next two years, the former will be more of a test than the latter I suspect.

Its not even as if they'd throw themselves into genuinely good works to try to maker amends either so guilt free do these boyos think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

True that, one could imagine FF central office cringing when they realised he was on air, knowing what the listener reaction was likely to be. They be doing their level best to keep Ahern and Cowan as far from the media as possible over the next two years, the former will be more of a test than the latter I suspect.

Its not even as if they'd throw themselves into genuinely good works to try to maker amends either so guilt free do these boyos think they are.[/QUOTE]

Oh they most certainly would .... if the pay cheque was substantial enough :eek:

• Advertisement

I really dont understand Bertie Ahern's decision to come on radio and talk about the Dublin match... Has he no idea how bad it would look for him personally. There's a lot of subjects that people DO want to hear his opinion on, but it seems like he's not prepared to talk about any of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I really dont understand Bertie Ahern's decision to come on radio and talk about the Dublin match... Has he no idea how bad it would look for him personally. There's a lot of subjects that people DO want to hear his opinion on, but it seems like he's not prepared to talk about any of them..

Pat Kenny is worse for giving him the air time.

Agree totally - if he's not prepared to come on and do a proper interview about the questions the Irish people want answers to then we should not have his sycophantic ramblings on football or anyother sport inflicted on us.
    Bet he has no problem getting a ticket :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I suspect the thinking was something like "this will annoy everyone, it will get reaction on social media, but most importantly people will change the dial to hear it"

But I agree, it doesn't do anything for Pat's reputation.

What's the story with all the building talk. Has Pat "acquired" some more land?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

No programme on Newstalk is complete without a contribution from Fionn Davenport.

I'm now convinced he lives in a tent under the desk in the studio and spends all his time there (when not on air) googling things about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It probably gives Pat a chance to have a snooze when he's on, just like the rest of us.

Pat got a nice little dig in during the interview with Ruairi Quinn when he said "we can be fairly sure there won't be a strike at mid-term" ... you can write that on the blackboard for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Wouldn't really be a strike if they refused to work when they're on holidays... :P

It's fairly mealy mouthed of Rory O'Connell to say "well maybe I should have come off".. I think he would admit himself if he was being honest that there is no way in the world he would have come off... It's a bit unfortunate for the Acquired Brain Injury people that he didnt make a big statement by saying "I'm concussed, please take me off", and as such set a precedent for other players to do similar in the future. But winning is all that matters in football, and players/managers dont put a) the quality of the football or b) the safety of the players ahead of winning.

• Advertisement

Rosanne Stephens has ADHD? I could have diagnosed that for her meself ffs.. I think they should get Catherine Fulvio checked as well.

And Marie Loise O'Dramatic too.

Imagine winning an All Ireland and be faced with questions like that from Des Cahill the following day.

Christ almighty. After his performance at the Olympic team homecoming last year you'd think the organisers would keep him the hell away from the place.

Remember - "Wave up the street, wave down the street Katie". To the 67 lost souls who turned out in the pissing rain that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Five minutes of Sean O'Rourke (you would think they would have given the show a new theme tune) followed by five minutes of Pat "the plank" Kenny, then off with the radio and on with Ennio Morricone's greatest hits on TV via Wii and YouTube - you tell me which is better listening. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭sudzs

Five minutes of Sean O'Rourke (you would think they would have given the show a new theme tune) followed by five minutes of Pat "the plank" Kenny, then off with the radio and on with Ennio Morricone's greatest hits on TV via Wii and YouTube - you tell me which is better listening. :D

I was jumping between the two this morning aswell but couldn't take much of either and Des Cahill pushed me over the edge and off to BBC4 instead!

What planet is Pat Spollen on? I think if the people at the heads of the bank cared about society then we wouldnt be in the position we are in.

And it's just too easy to say "oh the banks same as everybody else, couldnt see it coming"... As if it was a meteorite that came down and hit a country of decent, hard working, honest people in the banks. The truth is that the people in the banks simply didnt care bout the quality of the loans they were giving, they were getting personal bonuses and that was their only concern..

He's gone all Michael Murphy on us now.. How long before he has the ouija board out on pat's desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

sudzs wrote: »
    I was jumping between the two this morning aswell but couldn't take much of either and Des Cahill pushed me over the edge and off to BBC4 instead!

what did des and his shiny head of 100% natural hair do or say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭sudzs

neris wrote: »
    what did des and his shiny head of 100% natural hair do or say?

Some scutter about asking one of the Dublin team who he would let marry his sister. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I know this Eurovision fan rang up to counter the arguments raised by Bill Whelan about Azerbaijan, but it would be better if there was a dissenting voice to debate with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

wonder where johnny logan was today for the eurovision segment. he must still be back in 1985 with sentimentality

Advertisement