Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Anybody else find Luke O'Neill's style of jolly, infantile discussions on Covid painful? He's like some big ****ing schoolboy. It's all one big wheeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the building could be burning around him and he would still be joyful !!

A bit of optimism is grand, but he goes way overboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I enjoy listening to Luke O'Neill, but sometimes his answers to Pat/listeners questions are so vague. He can't be expected to know the answer to everything, so just say so...instead of "probably" or "I'd think so".

His answer to the caller who asked about Vitamin D recommended doses..."just look at the label"...ah Luke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Pat can't understand that everyone doesn't define themselves by their work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Anybody else find Luke O'Neill's style of jolly, infantile discussions on Covid painful? He's like some big ****ing schoolboy. It's all one big wheeze.

Is he even that clever?

I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Is he even that clever?

I'm not so sure.

He is. However I'm he is nowhere near your level...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Is he even that clever?

I'm not so sure.

I'm nearly 100% sure that it was the same man who said that we might see a case of Covid in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Del.Monte wrote: »

With interviews and podcasts and social media how does he have time for the day job?
    Sick of wall to wall LON and his omnipresent voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

With interviews and podcasts and social media how does he have time for the day job?
    Sick of wall to wall LON and his omnipresent voice.

He sold his company - or rather one of them - for millions recently. He can have a lot of free time if he wants given his financial situation. He obviously enjoys the media spotlight. I wish we saw and heard a bit less from him though

Pat "antigen tests" Kenny:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

"Smugness" :D

Barna77 wrote: »
    "Smugness" :D

Jaysus, Edwina. You certainly don't need a jab to increase your smugness. I wonder did she mean that in a 'tongue in cheek way'...probably not, not very self-aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭golfball37

I wouldn’t begrudge the Brits their success over the vaccine rollout. God knows they’ve made enough cock ups these past few years.

God I hate Edwina Curry . Anyone else thinks the Brits may be getting a bit ahead of themselves ....

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Pride comes before a fall . . . . . .

golfball37 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t begrudge the Brits their success over the vaccine rollout. God knows they’ve made enough cock ups these past few years.

Same here, but I do begrudge Edwina Currie using it as a reason to do her regular 'Rule Britannia' thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

golfball37 wrote: »

Delighted for them...and we need them to succeed because we won't be that far behind them in 3/4 months time... especially when most of the benefit comes in the initial roll out of vaccines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

Nice to hear someone so positive for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Chomper.

Delighted for them...and we need them to succeed because we won't be that far behind them in 3/4 months time... especially when most of the benefit comes in the initial roll out of vaccines.

We badly needed our nearest neighbor setting the bar high

Government is in a rut here

What a brilliant interview with that transplant guy, Patrick...he's a tonic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

2smiggy wrote: »
    God I hate Edwina Curry . Anyone else thinks the Brits may be getting a bit ahead of themselves ....

I don't know.

Look at how many have vaccinated and the light they have at the end of the tunnel.

And contrast that to the dire situation here.

And on smugness, there seemed to be a lot of that here when we were looking at Covid numbers and deaths in the UK last year.

BPKS wrote: »
    I don't know.

Look at how many have vaccinated and the light they have at the end of the tunnel.

And contrast that to the dire situation here.

And on smugness, there seemed to be a lot of that here when we were looking at Covid numbers and deaths in the UK last year.

not saying she is all wrong, but still plenty of deaths there at the moment. I would not compare our situation as dire compared to theirs. Lets see with happens. Remember a lot of their vaccinations are a half dose of the oxford one ....

2smiggy wrote: »
    not saying she is all wrong, but still plenty of deaths there at the moment. I would not compare our situation as dire compared to theirs. Lets see with happens. Remember a lot of their vaccinations are a half dose of the oxford one ....

Number of first doses as of today 17 Million. 12% of adults have gotten the second dose.

Meanwhile I *might* get it around september, but Stephen Donnelly said thats a target not a guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

We are waiting for EMA to hopefully approve J&J which is a one shot vaccine. Denmark are hoping to vaccine adult population by end if June which is similar to UK irc. Ireland is in the same purchasing group as Denmark, we might be behind but not that much. While EU is lagging behind UK, US (which still didn't approve AZ vaccine) and Israel the situation is far from dire in comparison to the rest of the world.

UK acted well getting vaccine but they had to because developed economy was hit as badly by Covid and very few countries have higher death toll.

I dislike vaccine nationalism and there seem to be offence among some people in UK AstraZeneca is not received that well but it's unfair to blame everything on Macron. Health workers in EU are not stupid just a bit selfish (like every human being), they can read efficency statistics and a lot of groups are fighting to get what seems to be the best vaccine (Biontech or Moderna).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Number of first doses as of today 17 Million. 12% of adults have gotten the second dose.

Meanwhile I *might* get it around september, but Stephen Donnelly said thats a target not a guarantee.

As of yesterday 624k people had received their second dose.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Call me Al wrote: »
    As of yesterday 624k people had received their second dose.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

The banner on sky news said 630k second doses, which is 12% of all adults.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cole wrote: »
    What a brilliant interview with that transplant guy, Patrick...he's a tonic.

Really good interview, he was absolutely steeped that hotel had a defib, nice to have a good story to hear. Science and medicine (when available and done right) really are amazing when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It may turn out the UK took the right approach, however, they took a gamble on the single dose. And emergency licencing.

The banner on sky news said 630k second doses, which is 12% of all adults.

I've no idea on the amount of adults in the UK

but assume on the low end, 40 million

12% of 40000000 is 4800000 , just saying !!

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It may turn out the UK took the right approach, however, they took a gamble on the single dose. And emergency licencing.

exactly , nothing has been proved wrong, or right. Listening to Edwina Curry bleat on about it unchallenged was not what I wanted to hear. Pat does seem to have a soft spot for her !!!

Advertisement