Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

2smiggy wrote: »
    exactly , nothing has been proved wrong, or right. Listening to Edwina Curry bleat on about it unchallenged was not what I wanted to hear. Pat does seem to have a soft spot for her !!!

She gets great eggs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

2smiggy wrote: »
    God I hate Edwina Curry . Anyone else thinks the Brits may be getting a bit ahead of themselves ....

We might be begging for vaccines off them yet.

Barna77 wrote: »
    "Smugness" :D

I think we'd be smug too if it was Ireland storming ahead with vaccinations !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

I think we'd be smug too if it was Ireland storming ahead with vaccinations !!

With the 5th highest Covid deaths per capita in the world, the UK have little to be smug about.

Ahwell wrote: »
    With the 5th highest Covid deaths per capita in the world, the UK have little to be smug about.

But they're finally getting it right with their vaccination programme..... nobody can deny that. If you're being honest most of us are jealous as hell tonight after our "big reveal" by M Martin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It may turn out the UK took the right approach, however, they took a gamble on the single dose. And emergency licencing.

Yes they did take an educated gamble because they’re not complete and utter COWARDS like our supposed leaders (ha ha) are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hamburgham wrote: »

Yes they did take an educated gamble because they’re not complete and utter COWARDS like our supposed leaders (ha ha) are.

The European Union had 400 million people to think about before taking a gamble, the cowards. They should have just started injecting the first batch they received. YOLO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat how about sticking a few windmills in that old quarry behind your house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Good man Pat, focusing on the science, he's 100% right.

All I'm hearing is waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Who is the dose on trying to bluff his way with Pat now? Was only half listening at the start but I don't recognize his voice.

More waffle than a frozen food aisle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Charlie McConalogue, Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine.

Getting a fair old grilling there alright. :)

Comhra wrote: »

A masterclass of saying a lot without saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Its not grilling these politicians need, its firing.

If the vaccination program is ramping up, why not leave the schools closed until the majority of kids have been vaccinated?

Not familiar with him. Disappointing performance (evasive waffle) for a relatively young politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Not familiar with him. Disappointing performance (evasive waffle) for a relatively young politician.

He replaced Dara Calleary who resigned after the Oireachtas golf society dinner debacle in Clifden.

Dara Calleary replaced Barry Cowen who was sacked by Ml Martin over a drink-driving offence.

He replaced Dara Calleary who resigned after the Oireachtas golf society dinner debacle in Clifden.

Dara Calleary replaced Barry Cowen who was sacked by Ml Martin over a drink-driving offence.

Recognized the name alright. Never heard him interviewed before. Also hope to never hear him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

despite his drink driving conviction, Barry Cowen would be 10 times better than that waffler

• Advertisement

Pats like a lot of people at this stage getting sick of this governments incompetence, people's lives and businesses destroyed while these muppets swan around,
    And it's not just the politicians, all these senior civil servants whos advising them should also be held to account.

mgn wrote: »
    Pats like a lot of people at this stage getting sick of this governments incompetence, people's lives and businesses destroyed while these muppets swan around,
    And it's not just the politicians, all these senior civil servants whos advising them should also be held to account.

My Dad and i have been watching Yes Minister. It was written in the 70s but it is as relevant today as then. The only way it has aged is the references to why they are in the EU, which obviously they aren't anymore.

All the shady deals going on between the civil servants, and all the energy put into looking good. It could easily be written today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

over promoted back bencher

got the job as they were running out of options for minister for agriculture

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    over promoted back bencher

got the job as they were running out of options for minister for agriculture

I think it was more down to geography than the ability to do the job, that's the way the work, it's not your ability to do the job, but where your based and your ability to defend you leader regardless of what the do.

Imagine if businesses operated like that, go for an interview, where you from? oh Mayo, Good, we don't have anybody from there so start in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

mgn wrote: »
    I think it was more down to geography than the ability to do the job, that's the way the work, it's not your ability to do the job, but where your based and your ability to defend you leader regardless of what the do.

Imagine if businesses operated like that, go for an interview, where you from? oh Mayo, Good, we don't have anybody from there so start in the morning.

I didn't hear the interview so can't comment on that but yeah I think he was hugely helped by where he is from. However lets be fair if they didn't spread ministerial positions there would be huge outrage.

Arrested for getting a haircut! Did anyone in the shebeens get arrested?

Mad Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Good on the Gardaí, this type of nonsense needs to be nipped in the bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Arrested for getting a haircut! Did anyone in the shebeens get arrested?

Mad Ted.

Hard to know how accurate the story is...it was reported by Kacey O’Riordan afterall. Not a great track record there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If the vaccination program is ramping up, why not leave the schools closed until the majority of kids have been vaccinated?

Children very last in the queue as things stand. If they took that approach they'd be doing well to get back for the start of the next school year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Children very last in the queue as things stand. If they took that approach they'd be doing well to get back for the start of the next school year.

Children are not in the queue yet. AZ only started testing vaccine on kids and I don't think any others available in EU are approved for children.

Advertisement