Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

"You're all gonna take the vaccine you've been programmed to take. And you're all gonna end up dying from it!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

also I highly doubt a carpenter would be short of work in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

2smiggy wrote: »

Not with all the alleged crucifixions going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

It’s ok when we are all dead from the vaccines he will have loads of work making cofffins

There ain't no pillock like an Irish far right conspiracy pillock.

• Advertisement

Not with all the alleged crucifixions going on.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    There ain't no pillock like an Irish far right conspiracy pillock.

You can’t say “far right”, they don’t like that. It’s moderate centre-right now.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Listening to the Henry McKean piece - is the crackpot, shouty carpenter really typical of the few hundred (it is only a few hundred) of these type of people in the country?

He got lots of air time in that piece and of course that would suit the agenda that anybody who is angry with how the state have managed and are continuing to manage the covid crisis is some sort of a conspiracy theorist lunatic.

Also why bring in the race issue/Ballbriggan etc as well.

The whole piece was akin to saying that anybody who challenges the state on how they are handling the Covid crisis is a racist, right wing nutjob.

BPKS wrote: »

The whole piece was akin to saying that anybody who challenges the state on how they are handling the Covid crisis is a racist, right wing nutjob.

Pat did explain, when questioned by a texter, that Henry followed the “line of inquiry” and that’s where it led.

The people funding, and promoting, these “conspiracy theories” are linked to far right, racist, groups. The expert he interviewed pointed out that’s how they recruit the disenfranchised, the guy shouting about masks and the “scamdemic” may not be racist but the “independent” news sites he’s been following will push that agenda on him and he will be more susceptible to it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Listening to the Henry McKean piece - is the crackpot, shouty carpenter really typical of the few hundred (it is only a few hundred) of these type of people in the country?

He got lots of air time in that piece and of course that would suit the agenda that anybody who is angry with how the state have managed and are continuing to manage the covid crisis is some sort of a conspiracy theorist lunatic.

It was addressed near the end, far right parties are targeting these people and the whole 'scamdemic' to get them to join up. The whole "Patriot" thing has massive racial undertones.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    "You're all gonna take the vaccine you've been programmed to take. And you're all gonna end up dying from it!"

Seems well thought out. I wonder does he have a newsletter I can subscribe to.

Seems well thought out. I wonder does he have a newsletter I can subscribe to.

I'm not sure is it the programming or the dying I'm more upset about.

But I am upset. So upset I feel like defending my country by marching on St Patrick's Day.

Finally it all adds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat did explain, when questioned by a texter, that Henry followed the “line of inquiry” and that’s where it led.

The people funding, and promoting, these “conspiracy theories” are linked to far right, racist, groups. The expert he interviewed pointed out that’s how they recruit the disenfranchised, the guy shouting about masks and the “scamdemic” may not be racist but the “independent” news sites he’s been following will push that agenda on him and he will be more susceptible to it.

The expert he interviewed was some woman who set up a group to counteract some right wing person running in an election.

You can’t say “far right”, they don’t like that. It’s moderate centre-right now.

Believe me, it's about the nicest term I have for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Hmmm.
    Considering the profile of the organising groups at that last demonstration i'd say that right now the intersection of those two sets is quite full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

A large proportion of population is not happy with how Covid crisis is handled. They are not represented by crack pots on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

What expert? He interviewed a sociologist with her own agenda. She's an inclusion and diversity expert according to herself.
    Two sides of the same coin.

What expert? He interviewed a sociologist with her own agenda. She's an inclusion and diversity expert according to herself.

Oh yes. Very fine people on both sides, I’m sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

How that two sides of the same coin. So a carpenter who will be the only man standing after we all die of vaccine is the other side of the same coin. What coin is that? Sane vs insane?

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    It was addressed near the end, far right parties are targeting these people and the whole 'scamdemic' to get them to join up. The whole "Patriot" thing has massive racial undertones.

twitter is awash with recently enough registered accounts , with an Irish flag attached to their username, which may contain some form of patriot reference.

All these people seem to spreading crack pot ideas, and liking and retweeting each other.

• Advertisement

twitter is awash with recently enough registered accounts , with an Irish flag attached to their username, which may contain some form of patriot reference.

All these people seem to spreading crack pot ideas, and liking and retweeting each other.

Been going on well over a year at this stage. has come to facebook especially since covid, people you actually know. Scary stuff how easily they have been brainwashed.

And after covid, it will be immigrants and refugees who the patriots will target more so, which is the main aim of most of these far right organisations sucking people in. Total radicalisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CptMackey wrote: »
    It the Donald trump stuff leaking in over here. The mind boggles. Also why do we keep hearing sammy Wilson. He will never say anything bad about the uk

The DUP long predate Trump.

And after covid, it will be immigrants and refugees who the patriots will target more so, which is the main aim of most of these far right organisations sucking people in. Total radicalisation.

FG politicians have regularly made anti Traveller comments, objected to Traveller accommodation in their areas.

Have they been radicalised as well?

FG politicians have regularly made anti Traveller comments, objected to Traveller accommodation in their areas.

Are they far right?

The blueshirts? nah..

The blueshirts? nah..

My point is that much focus is often given to a tiny minority of people, with almost zero public support.

Meanwhile, we have politicians, elected, who often openly make anti Traveller statements and not a word said about it

Maybe it's not cool to support Travellers.

My point is that much focus is often given to a tiny minority of people, with almost zero public support.

Meanwhile, we have politicians, elected, who often openly make anti Traveller statements and not a word said about it

Maybe it's not cool to support Travellers.

Yes they have a pitiful amount of support, i was just showing how the far right and racism ties into what's going on at the moment as per the piece on the show. Alot of people are walking blindly into it under the pretense of it being anti lockdowns. Politicians should always be held to account, I wouldn't say not a word is ever said about it maybe not enough done for sure.

Have they been radicalised as well?

you haven't had much stuff robbed by travellers , or had the pleasure of having them live close to you ?

nothing radical about wanting to have as little to do with them as possible

meeeeh wrote: »
    Nonsense on Saturday was a riot by bored morons. There is no comparison with BLM which was a peaceful protest by bored young people who did not go out with intention to fight anyone they meet.

Absolutely but it does sound like no protesting is allowed because of "restrictions".

• Advertisement

Absolutely but it does sound like no protesting is allowed because of "restrictions".

The restrictions in place for public health and safety? I assume people can still protest if they keep a distance, wear masks, aren’t outside their 5km and if they don’t attack gardaí. But it really isn’t the time for it.

Advertisement