Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

The restrictions in place for public health and safety? I assume people can still protest if they keep a distance, wear masks, aren’t outside their 5km and if they don’t attack gardaí. But it really isn’t the time for it.

I think that's ok too. It's important that people have a voice to disagree with Government measures in a democracy. Acting the thug and causing chaos is not ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I think that's ok too. It's important that people have a voice to disagree with Government measures in a democracy. Acting the thug and causing chaos is not ok.

I could sympathise a little if they had peacefully marched last year but would never agree with their “cause”. All that conspiracy nonsense is just that and for a country who prides itself on having a high standard of education it’s, frankly, embarrassing.

All they are doing now is putting the re-opening in jeopardy and endangering lives. It’s a slap in the face for all of those who’ve sacrificed so much during these unprecedented times.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I could sympathise a little if they had peacefully marched last year but would never agree with their “cause”. All that conspiracy nonsense is just that and for a country who prides itself on having a high standard of education it’s, frankly, embarrassing.

All they are doing now is putting the re-opening in jeopardy and endangering lives. It’s a slap in the face for all of those who’ve sacrificed so much during these unprecedented times.

What about people who take issue with Government policies but who aren't conspiracy theorists? Do you think they should be able to protest?

What about people who take issue with Government policies but who aren't conspiracy theorists? Do you think they should be able to protest?

Best form of “protest” there is in the ballot box at the next election. I don’t mind anyone protesting once they aren’t prolonging the lockdown or costing more lives.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

My point is that much focus is often given to a tiny minority of people, with almost zero public support.

Meanwhile, we have politicians, elected, who often openly make anti Traveller statements and not a word said about it

Maybe it's not cool to support Travellers.
    Ah come on ffs, such bs and why only mention FGers anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Best form of “protest” there is in the ballot box at the next election. I don’t mind anyone protesting once they aren’t prolonging the lockdown or costing more lives.

Could be to late by then with some of the policy's the want to bring in, especially the Green party, the seem to be given free reign to do what the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah come on ffs, such bs and why only mention FGers anyway?

One of the most annoying of the many annoying things about these conspiracy imbeciles is the "they never say anything about it" nonsense.

mgn wrote: »
    Could be to late by then with some of the policy's the want to bring in, especially the Green party, the seem to be given free reign to do what the like.

I just don’t think violence and rioting is a good way to get people on your side, especially in the middle of a global pandemic.

What is the National Party’s stance on the “green issues”? If they get in they could undo the work of the Green Party, or at least curtail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I just don’t think violence and rioting is a good way to get people on your side, especially in the middle of a global pandemic.

What is the National Party’s stance on the “green issues”? If they get in they could undo the work of the Green Party, or at least curtail it.

Who said anything about violence or rioting, what's the National Party reference got to do with what i said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    One of the most annoying of the many annoying things about these conspiracy imbeciles is the "they never say anything about it" nonsense.

Is this supposed to be an insult to me?

Lots of politicians make anti Traveller comments but don't get labelled far right.

I'm wondering why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Is this supposed to be an insult to me?

Lots of politicians make anti Traveller comments but don't get labelled far right.

I'm wondering why not?

Actually it was nothing to do with you.

More the "mainstream media never mention [for example] that the vaccine may have side effects" or whatever, when in fact the mainstream media reports everything it can about vaccines, because that's what they do.

I've honestly been told that the vaccine made an entire nursing home very sick, but the media won't mention it.

As if RTE news is thinking "Holy shìt, this is huge. This is literally the type of story every one of us got into reporting to tell people. Better keep it to ourselves"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I usually enjoy Alastair Campbell's contributions, but this is all a bit self-indulgent...just pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Alastair Campbell on PK Show now telling a story how he ended up in a verbal and physical alteration with somebody who was littering.

Alastair described who his 'opponent' was mixed race and said he was wary cos his own actions mean a complaint of racism could be made against him - to which Pat let out a little "hmmmmm".

On another note, fair play to Campbell - littering and dogsh1t are blights around any area I go for a walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

BPKS wrote: »
    Alastair Campbell on PK Show now telling a story how he ended up in a verbal and physical alteration with somebody who was littering.

Alastair described who his 'opponent' was mixed race and said he was wary cos his own actions mean a complaint of racism could be made against him - to which Pat let out a little "hmmmmm".

On another note, fair play to Campbell - littering and dogsh1t are blights around any area I go for a walk on.

Campbell and his friend Blair should be picking up litter in a prison yard imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A shame many of our fine citizens are incapable of using a bin. We point out the mess around halting sites, looking around, the settled brethren aren't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

A shame many of our fine citizens are incapable of using a bin. We point out the mess around halting sites, looking around, the settled brethren aren't much better.

I agree 100%, I'd just be more concerned with the mess mr cambell and Blair the peace envoy left after them in the middle east, it'll never be cleaned up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

A pair of boyos with blood on their hands, I can never understand why Campbell is invited onto any show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

.. and Jack Straw. Put him on latrine duty.

The story just wasn't news-worthy. Usually I turn off when AC appears. Wish I had this time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Actually it was nothing to do with you.

More the "mainstream media never mention [for example] that the vaccine may have side effects" or whatever, when in fact the mainstream media reports everything it can about vaccines, because that's what they do.

I've honestly been told that the vaccine made an entire nursing home very sick, but the media won't mention it.

As if RTE news is thinking "Holy shìt, this is huge. This is literally the type of story every one of us got into reporting to tell people. Better keep it to ourselves"

Which nursing home was it?

• Advertisement

Which nursing home was it?

Oddly, it couldn't actually be named, because it's such a secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Add this to your famous quotes..."we are different, we are women (Mary O'Rourke, 2021)

Cork anti everything protesters interviews coming up.
    Crazy opinions health warning.

Cork anti everything protesters interviews coming up.
    Crazy opinions health warning.

"I'm protesting that we're not allowed fly, boy!"

"I'm protesting the lack of information, boy!" - Does she listen to the news at all?

What do you want the govt to do?

Question deftly deflected.

What do you want the govt to do?

Question deftly deflected.

The "not enough information" one made me chuckle.

The "not enough information" one made me chuckle.

At least one ITs A sCaM!

At least one ITs A sCaM!

Tis a scam, by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat is really taking on the eejit who wants the Poolbeg Towers to be preserved as some kind of national monument...........very funny

EDIT: build a Tate-like museum under the Towers was another suggestion

ANOTHER EDIT: They are like the leaning tower of Pisa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

We live in Ringsend, love them and always like seeing them on flights home.

Advertisement