Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

My vision for that monument is de eloping in my mind's eye. An elegant slightly slanting titanium pole supporting at the top a representation of the Children of Lir flying out over the bay. If I were bothered to put in the effort I could draw the vision, but that could take hours of time. From an airplane you would be looking down on the three swans flying out past you as you approach from the east.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And now an interview about a fool who shouldn't be allowed near the internet. :rolleyes:

brave of them still to admit their foolishness live on air. I probably wouldn't.

Apparently they didn't even give their bank details..... the scammers remotely accessed their computer while they were on the phone with some sophisticated softwear and that way accessed their bank details! :eek:

I am tech savy and very cynical about any investment scams but I say fair play to that woman for highlighting how badly she and her husband were stung - 130K!!!

SeaFields wrote: »
    Donnelly is being absolutely ruined here.

well that's not hard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Donnelly the king of bluster and waffle

He thinks some woman on an airline check-in counter at an airport in Spain will look for proof of an isolation hotel booking in Ireland before the person is let on a plane.

I'm almost getting to a stage where I am nearly feeling sorry for him now as opposed to feeling sorry for the Irish public who have him as Health Minister.

brave of them still to admit their foolishness live on air. I probably wouldn't.

Apparently they didn't even give their bank details..... the scammers remotely accessed their computer while they were on the phone with some sophisticated softwear and that way accessed their bank details! :eek:

I am tech savy and very cynical about any investment scams but I say fair play to that woman for highlighting how badly she and her husband were stung - 130K!!!

Its not sophisticated software.

You enter Team Viewer into google, click on a section on that website and tell the person on the phone what the codes on the screen are. They then have remote access to your device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

We're in constant communication.....................................Lol ....what a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

We're in constant communication.....................................Lol ....what a dick.

My understanding is :D

Pat better briefed than this fool but then again I probably am too. :rolleyes:

Pat really throwing the info at Donnelly. I would imagine he's like a deer in the headlights

First thing Donnelly will do after this interview is change his jocks

• Advertisement

Donnelly: No one has all of the answers

Kenny should reply with "Ireland doesn't seem to have any of the answers" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Donnelly: No one has all of the answers

Kenny should reply with "Ireland doesn't seem to have any of the answers" :D

That wasn't fair. Ireland had way worse numbers in first wave when Harris was in charge. The only reason we are somewhere around Germany is because Germans and many other Central European countries caught up with us or overtaken us over the winter. If you do comparison our measures were effective second half of the year and absolute disaster in Spring. Europe was open during the summer because they got out way better out of first wave.

BPKS wrote: »
    Its not sophisticated software.

You enter Team Viewer into google, click on a section on that website and tell the person on the phone what the codes on the screen are. They then have remote access to your device.

even more reason to be careful so :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

And now an interview about a fool who shouldn't be allowed near the internet. :rolleyes:
    Now this incompetent fool Stephen Donnelly on waffling and all over the place. :mad:

Is it really necessary to call everyone you dislike/disagree with a fool or a dick?

Oh dear...

I like walking but I never felt the need to be all poetic about it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Marie Louise O'Donnell - how does she keep getting a platform? A flowery windbag

Cole wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to call everyone you dislike/disagree with a fool or a dick?

Yes, I could call them all far worse and given that we've all been locked down for the last year I think I'm being restrained. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Cole wrote: »

3afd6b1d8e2d58ebe4f8cd311aeca347.png

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Completely agree Maggie. You might be interested in this article I wrote regarding online security and banking. Just click here:

https://tinyurl.com/online-banking-security-guide

Completely agree Maggie. You might be interested in this article I wrote regarding online security and banking. Just click here:

If I click on that link will you be able to access my device denartha;)

• Advertisement

i didn't ;)

i didn't ;)

Its safe. But funny.

But well done for not clicking it.

I work as a security consultant and a few years ago was tasked with doing a phishing test for a company. I crafted a well looking email seemingly from a well known Irish bank and had a system to check how many people clicked the link, who they were etc. I compiled the information, put it into a report and submitted it. They were very happy with the results but said that a senior Sales Executive had made a complaint about me. In his view, he should have been made aware of the phishing test, so that he would know not to click the link. :confused:

I wanted to say back that every fecking day is a phishing test and he should treat it thus.

BPKS wrote: »
    If I click on that link will you be able to access my device denartha;)

No, but you might get a laugh.

I have more phish tails tales if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Stephen Donnelly didn't seem to have heard about this new vaccine being developed in France that Pat spoke about. If there is one, then he should have known.

He also corrected Pat by saying that the production factory that Boris Johnson visited in Scotland was Italian. It's not.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40219658.html

https://valneva.com/about-us/

Stephen Donnelly didn't seem to have heard about this new vaccine being developed in France that Pat spoke about. If there is one, then he should have known.

He also corrected Pat by saying that the production factory that Boris Johnson visited in Scotland was Italian. It's not.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40219658.html

https://valneva.com/about-us/

Yeah, it's a bit like saying google.ie is an Irish search engine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Against my better judgement I decided to listen to the Donnelly interview on my walk, sweet suffering baby jebus! What I would like to actually say would mean I'd have to ban myself or get one of the other radio mods to do it! He is an "$$%$£"*%£$%("£$("£$*%£$&^$£&**%"$*£$%*$£%* and breathe! The only redeeming factor was that Pat sounded as exasperated as me, it is just soul destroying that a "£$£"$&£""£$*&*"%^$&"$&$&^ like him has that brief, he's an out and out spoofer. I will actively canvas for anyone running against him in the next election, he cannot be voted back in. One plus was I walked really fast as if he was chasing me so every cloud ;)

I think criticism of Donnelly is valid, he did mess up few issues. What I don't get is why is Harris so popular. We had one of the worst springs in EU. Zero Covid crowd keep on banging about how we almost have 0 cases. Large part of Europe actually had 0 cases and they had bigger mess in Winter. Comparatively Ireland did way better in winter. This is not just about ministers and governments ir health advisers but I'm starting to believe Irish success is measured not by how well we do internationally in general but how we do in comparison to Brits.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think Harris got a bit of a pass last year cause the whole world was struggling and fighting for the limited ppe etc. I think Donnelly has such an arrogant tone and manner that it just makes his waffle and prepared sound bites all the worse. Only Howlin has ever wound me up like Donnelly, same self serving little sleeveen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

pc7 wrote: »
    I think Donnelly has such an arrogant tone and manner that it just makes his waffle and prepared sound bites all the worse.
    I remember when he was appointed some political correspondent said words to the effect of "Stephen Donnelly used to be a management consultant. And he will remind you of that fact".

Doesn't say much for management consultants ...

Advertisement