Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The intention is to limit movements. Too many exemptions, then what's the point?

Anyway, from what I see where I live, the people cycling or hill walking are fine, but then they can't resist the coffee stop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Klonker wrote: »
    But the cyclist has a point. What harm is he doing if he cycles the whole of Dublin if he never comes into contact with another person? I'm not a cyclist but if I was I'd be cycling to where ever I wanted.

Restrictions are a blunt instrument, to be simple and (hopefully) understood by all down to the most stupid people.
    Otherwise we'd have people putting their own spin and 'interpretations' on what is and isn't allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,891 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That is where Pat earns his corn he is great at that type of thing. Pressing for stats and probing for facts and practicalities.
    The HSE man Paul Reid knew his stuff and well able for the questions. The two of them were impressive in the interview

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

That is where Pat earns his corn he is great at that type of thing. Pressing for stats and probing for facts and practicalities.
    The HSE man Paul Reid knew his stuff and well able for the questions. The two of them were impressive in the interview

Paul has certainly improved his media performances compared to around this time last year in fairness to him. Was a bit of rabbits in headlights back then I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat not happy with the answer that Construction remains open in Germany even though they are tightening restrictions again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

BPKS wrote: »
    Pat not happy with the answer that Construction remains open in Germany even though they are tightening restrictions again.

Says the man presenting from his mansion in Dalkey.

I hadn't been listening for a while and tuned in just as he was discussing Trump.

Is Pat keeping a Trump slot even though he's been gone now 2 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Holly Carpenter...talk about being tone deaf.

Emailer..."impressed by her astute observations"...like sacrificing her Christmas in France? Clearly very different perspectives out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone who uses the term "telling her/his truth" is an idiot. Can't anyone speak like a non American anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone who uses the term "telling her/his truth" is an idiot. Can't anyone speak like a non American anymore?

Such a redundant phrase.

Right, so you're not lying then. That's so great.

• Advertisement

In fairness, it's not an American thing...more an ideology...but I know what you mean, as it seems to have gained traction over there.

I missed it...who said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Cole wrote: »
    Holly Cairns...talk about being tone deaf.

That wasn’t Holly Cairns being interviewed about lockdown disillusion. It was Holly Carpenter.

That wasn’t Holly Cairns being interviewed about lockdown disillusion. It was Holly Carpenter.

Whoops a daisy...she just sounded very like her...just assumed it was her. I did wonder about the Instagram and Stoneybatter references. There goes my radio forum analyst street cred!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Such a redundant phrase.

Right, so you're not lying then. That's so great.

Also someone's so called truth may be lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fcuk them happy clappy kernts with their mindfulness and banana bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Donnelly really does like to eat into the allotted time by going off on unnecessary “tangents”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Donnelly really does like to eat into the allotted time by going off on unnecessary “tangents”.

Simon Coveney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Was that not Coveney?

Ironically, I'm out of waffles, but Simon Coveney is giving them to me via the radio.

I have a friend travelling to Ireland on Saturday(For a legit) reason from Romania and I was going to warn her about the quarantine hotel possibility. Then I read into it.

It only applies to 33 countries. 170 sovereign countries in the world and only 33 apply.

Germany - now having its 4th wave - not on the list
    France - going into heavy lockdown - not on the list
    China - not on the list

!37 countries not on the list. What the actual f&^k?

"Life is like a box of chocolates, liable to make you sick"

• Advertisement

"Life is like a box of chocolates, liable to make you sick"

I hate the taste or smell of coffee.

Someone asked me recently how is life treating me. I said:

Life is like a box of coffee liqueur chocolates. You never know which yucky one you're going to get next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have yet to hear a minister being asked why Astrazeneca have not being sued for breach of contract. They keep blaming them for a slow vaccination process and saying AZ are not keeping up their side of the contract...

SeaFields wrote: »
    I have yet to hear a minister being asked why Astrazeneca have not being sued for breach of contract. They keep blaming them for a slow vaccination process and saying AZ are not keeping up their side of the contract...

Its fairly simple.

Market Trader: Hello, I sell apples. They are one euro each.
    Customer: Wow, they are nice apples. I'd like to buy 350 million of them.
    Market Trader: OK. 350 million please.
    Customer: Here you go. Where are they? Now please. Why can't I get my apples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What's the obsession with travel. OK fine we want to avoid new variants but people use it as some sort of silver bullet. Considering how much covid we have in the country the quarantine will have zero impact on our lives.

It was kids, then American tourists, the Northern Irish, then English, then students, neat factory workers, GAA and so on and on... Do people not realise we are in this because of all of us and it's time to stop looking for next scapegoat to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Allinall wrote: »
    Simon Coveney.
    Was that not Coveney?

Apologies, it was Coveney. Giving us a nice history lesson to take up 5 minutes of question time.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

SeaFields wrote: »

I think EU sent or will send official letter that could be the start of legal proceedings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/18/eu-send-formal-letter-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-dispute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Its fairly simple.

Market Trader: Hello, I sell apples. They are one euro each.
    Customer: Wow, they are nice apples. I'd like to buy 350 million of them.
    Market Trader: OK. 350 million please.
    Customer: Here you go. Where are they? Now please. Why can't I get my apples?

Yeah but there is recourse in contract law. EU could seek specific performance of the contract, injunction against supplying others before our contract is fulfilled, damages for expenses incurred owing to non performance....

I'd just like to hear a minister being asked to explain!

Edit - just saw meeehs reply.

It's awful nonsense. Not even because it is an Americanism, in my view, but because it confuses truth with belief, or experience.

It's just the opposite side of the coin to American Republicans' "alternative facts", where you can affect reality with only an opinion.

Even if there is no objective truth, arriving at some reliable version of the truth is a deliberative process. It isn't a personal belief that one person can hold over society as a version of reality we must accept as valid.

Why can't they just say "speaking of my experience", or "my belief"?

It's awful nonsense. Not even because it is an Americanism, in my view, but because it confuses truth with belief, or experience.

It's just the opposite side of the coin to American Republicans' "alternative facts", where you can affect reality with only an opinion.

Even if there is no objective truth, arriving at some reliable version of the truth is a deliberative process. It isn't a personal belief that one person can hold over society as a version of reality we must accept as valid.

Why can't they just say "speaking of my experience", or "my belief"?

Absolutely, it's like victim and survivor too, if someone is found guilty it should apply if the person is found innocent the term accusor should apply, or more accurately unsuccessful accuser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Marie Louise O'Donnell? For feck's sake! Pat, you're an awful bollox

Advertisement