Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

zell12 wrote: »
    Men in Supermarkets
    by
    Marie Louise O'Donnell

I prefer when Marty Whelan does this stuff.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭zell12

If this was titled Women in Supermarkets, there would be outrage, she is taking it a bit too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RINO87

this is dross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Cole wrote: »
    Regardless of your (party) political inclinations, you have to hand to to Paschal...he's a very good media performer. Despite the predictable political spin, he's usually well able for any interview/interviewer and can handle the questions.

I found myself feeling a little embarressed for Pat, having the Finance Minister on the day after very big announcements in terms of vaccine roll out and easing of restrictions. So much to question him about and his first question is 'Did you see all those teens having cans in the park? Did someone call the guards?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

Sounds like Maire Louise has been mistakenly believing her own hype as some sort of literary social commentator...that just sounded all a bit deranged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Kevtherev1

Men in Supermarkets
    by
    Marie Louise O'Donnell

Heard it, newstalk full of feminists, hence it was broadcast. A clear example of man hate misandry, belittling and ridiculing men in general within the context of supermarket shop. What a idiot, she is a communications lecturer. You can imagine all the ****e she says about men in her lectures. If poam ridiculing and belittling woman for several mins on the radio, there be uproar from all the radical masculine woman.

A summery of the o donnell feminist from her speaker solutions profile.
    Marie Louise is a broadcaster, writer and lecturer, best known for her work with BBC and RTE.
    She has lectured extensively in Ireland, Europe and the USA in education, Irish drama, Irish culture and language, and is a noted after dinner speaker. She has also acted as Master of Ceremonies for many national and international events. She can currently be heard regularly on The Sean O’Rourke Show, RTE.

Educated at Nottingham University, The Guild Hall London, NUI Maynooth, and UCD, Marie Louise was a member of staff at Dublin City University where she lectured in the School of Communications. In May 20111 she was appointed to the Seanad by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Kevtherev1 wrote: »
    Heard it, newstalk full of feminists, hence it was broadcast. A clear example of man hate misandry, belittling and ridiculing men in general within the context of supermarket shop. What a idiot, she is a communications lecturer. You can imagine all the ****e she says about men in her lectures. If poam ridiculing and belittling woman for several mins on the radio, there be uproar from all the radical masculine woman.

A summery of the o donnell feminist from here speaker solutions profile.
    Marie Louise is a broadcaster, writer and lecturer, best known for her work with BBC and RTE.
    She has lectured extensively in Ireland, Europe and the USA in education, Irish drama, Irish culture and language, and is a noted after dinner speaker. She has also acted as Master of Ceremonies for many national and international events. She can currently be heard regularly on The Sean O’Rourke Show, RTE.

Educated at Nottingham University, The Guild Hall London, NUI Maynooth, and UCD, Marie Louise was a member of staff at Dublin City University where she lectured in the School of Communications. In May 20111 she was appointed to the Seanad by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny.

Yes, but what do you really think?

A summery of the o donnell feminist from here speaker solutions profile.

What are we looking at here? Is this supposed to be a criticism of Mlod? Help me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

A summery of the o donnell feminist from her speaker solutions profile.
    She can currently be heard regularly on The Sean O’Rourke Show, RTE.

They might want to update that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

I don't understand how he is not Taoiseach tbh, but he's good in Finance

That's what they all said about Brian Cowen too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do like Bill Hughes film slot.

It's a lovely break from the actual news, reminds me of when I actually cared about films.

Every time I hear it, it makes me want to watch the film he is talking about. But I never do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Kevtherev1

Men in Supermarkets
    by
    Marie Louise O'Donnell

So in summery this above piece is a example of toxic radical feminism. That supports hostility, open hostility towards boys, men and males specifically. Not a good thing at all for society.

So in summery this above piece is a example of toxic radical feminism. That supports hostility, open hostility towards boys, men and males specifically. Not a good thing at all for society.

Says Betty.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I hope Marie Louise succeeds in her campaign to get men out of supermarkets.

That’s women’s work........isn’t it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ye can discuss how men have it so tough here https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1136

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Pat talking there about himself on planning rules. :D

It beggars belief how Heather Humphreys is a cabinet minister in our national government. Even on a topic that is pretty hard to do badly on, she still comes across as a bit clueless...quite a contrast between her and Paschal yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

Cole wrote: »
    It beggars belief how Heather Humphreys is a cabinet minister in our national government. Even on a topic that is pretty hard to do badly on, she still comes across as a bit clueless...quite a contrast between her and Paschal yesterday.

You get what you vote for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

While paschal does know his brief he spins what he says with marketing speak speak so he seems like he knows more than what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Irish people just can’t seem to make the connection between the votes they cast and the politicians they end up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The dice is loaded from the start innit

I think people often only see the communication abilities of minister. Simon Harris is excellent as communicator but his only achievement in health must be that he wasn't as bad as James O'Reilley.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

the brayruit natives dont seem happy about joining dublin, sure they are practically howiyas already what does a little governance change matter?

gourcuff wrote: »
    the brayruit natives dont seem happy about joining dublin, sure they are practically howiyas already what does a little governance change matter?

Today's date might be relevant...

"how's it goin"...yeah that's so uniquely Wicklow...morto for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Irish people just can’t seem to make the connection between the votes they cast and the politicians they end up with.

How are you so sure the people who voted for her aren 't perfectly happy with her and would vote her in again tomorrow. Or maybe they consider her the best of what's available to them.

While paschal does know his brief he spins what he says with marketing speak speak so he seems like he knows more than what he does.

NSFW due to language.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think people often only see the communication abilities of minister. Simon Harris is excellent as communicator but his only achievement in health must be that he wasn't as bad as James O'Reilley.

I agree to an extent, but Paschal tends to answer questions pretty directly and can usually rebut the counter arguments etc. More than marketing speak imo.

I can never see that quality in Simon Harris...now that's a fella for the marketing speak stuff.

The best comedy series on RTE...great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

gourcuff wrote: »

The joke is on you I think!

Advertisement