Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Thought MacSharry came across more like a grumbling “independent” as opposed to a government TD.

Healy sounded like he couldn’t believe what MacSharry was saying. Thought it, also, came across that MacSharry had a lot of problems with no solutions other than ‘learn to live with it’.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I’d say Mary Lou is delighted it’s Johnathan, and not Pat, interrogating her over whatever shinnister “carry on” they’ve been up to now.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I’d say Mary Lou is delighted it’s Johnathan, and not Pat, interrogating her over whatever shinnister “carry on” they’ve been up to now.

Yeah she was expecting Judge Rinder and instead got Judge Romesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Josepha Madigan floundering here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Good questioning from Healy there.

• Advertisement

leath_dub wrote: »

After pointing out that Mary Lou couldn't answer an easy question, she's working very hard herself to answer a straight forward question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I've used the week of Healy being on to listen to the entire West Cork podcast during the morning between meetings.

Music on Spotify then for the afternoon.

Its actually been great tuning out from current affairs for a while.

Thanks Jonathan.

Are we listening to the same interview? She was asked how she knew that the SF leader’s Facebook accounts were “operated” by foreign based groups and she answered something to do with Facebook adverts. Twice, I think.

How much clearer could she be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

God save us from boggers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Makes you proud to be Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Are we listening to the same interview? She was asked how she knew that the SF leader’s Facebook accounts were “operated” by foreign based groups and she answered something to do with Facebook adverts. Twice, I think.

How much clearer could she be?
    We must have been! It was Healy who brought up Facebook adverts, not Josepha. She asked the question "Why was MichellO'Neills facebook page, hosted in Serbia, taken down in April". When she was asked how to confim=rm whdre the page was hosted, she had no answer. When asked if FG had an Voter Database her reply was that FG had no centralized Database. Lots of page shuffling going on at the time.

Ah Jaysus. I like Bobby but not filling in for Pat.

We must have been! It was Healy who brought up Facebook adverts, not Josepha. She asked the question "Why was MichellO'Neills facebook page, hosted in Serbia, taken down in April". When she was asked how to confim=rm whdre the page was hosted, she had no answer. When asked if FG had an Voter Database her reply was that FG had no centralized Database. Lots of page shuffling going on at the time.

Speaking as someone who works in IT Security, a centralized database would actually be better. Lots of local databases, on laptops, iPads, pose a much bigger risk.

I'd be interested in, maybe by a Freedom of Information request to find all the information Sinn Fein's database has on me.

But with, in Josepha's words 'local databases', an FOI might not even be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

shinnister
    Great word!

Ah Jaysus. I like Bobby but not filling in for Pat.

Is that for tomorrow? I did like his ‘Late Breskfast’ show that used to be on Saturdays. Not too keen on ‘Down for Business’.

The ending of his Saturday show drove me over to Radio 1 for my weekend morning listening. Newstalk is terrible at the weekend, bar 11am Sunday when Gavin Reilly comes on. Would be willing to come back if they gave Susan Keogh a longer slot, starting at 9am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

Not too keen on ‘Down for Business’.
    You're definitely not keen on it alright - because the show is called "Down To Business" ;)

Bobby comes across to me like a decent enough fella, but unfortunately his voice makes the show unlistenable.

serfboard wrote: »
    You're definitely not keen on it alright - because the show is called "Down To Business" ;)

Bobby comes across to me like a decent enough fella, but unfortunately his voice makes the show unlistenable.

I’ve made myself perfectly to Bobby, down for whatever. He hasn’t called back.

Yeah, he’s got that phlegmy, milk drinker, sound to his voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes, what's with this database being masterminded in Germany?? hmmm something snakey going on?

serfboard wrote: »

His voice is fecked due to his cancer treatment and it's hard listening at times but, like you say, he comes across as decent. Be interesting to see how he gets on in Pat's slot tomorrow.

His voice is fecked due to his cancer treatment and it's hard listening at times but, like you say, he comes across as decent. Be interesting to see how he gets on in Pat's slot tomorrow.

He’s always sounded like that. Might have gotten a little “croakier” but don’t ever remember thinking his voice had changed.

• Advertisement

He’s always sounded like that. Might have gotten a little “croakier” but don’t ever remember thinking his voice had changed.

I thought his voice changed quite a bit post-treatment. But listening to this clip, maybe not as much as I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I prefer Bobby Kerr on saturday morning when I dont listen to the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I know the man had throat cancer, but I just cant for the next 3 hours.

I know the man had throat cancer, but I just cant for the next 3 hours.

Thought it was head cancer he had, not throat?

I know of shouldn’t bother me but Ian Dury didn’t say there was 3 reasons to be cheerful, the song was called ‘Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3’.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just turned him off and have Morning Ireland podcast on, can't listen to him, seems nice but not for this slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

God, he's very hard going.

Not only the voice, but the slow drawl of inconsequential patter he talks - I thought Pat Kenny was bad for asking a question and then answering it himself (at length) before he even draws a breath, but I'm finding it hard to even figure out what questions Bobby might be asking :confused:

I've had to turn off an item I was actually very interested in (the Liffey sweeper boat) because I just couldn't listen to him any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

My (Healy) allergy has cleared right up. Give me Bobby Kerr's 'croaky' voice or his sometime less than incisive interviewing any day over Healy's patronising and condescending smugness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cole wrote: »
    My (Healy) allergy has cleared right up. Give me Bobby Kerr's 'croaky' voice or his sometime less than incisive interviewing any day over Healy's patronising and condescending smugness.
    True!

I'd prefer neither though.

This morning is a vow of silence for me - Tubridy wittering on One, Kerr pattering on NT, and Marty and Imelda May - well, I don't know what they're at because I turned it off pretty much straight away.

But :(

At least Lyric will be an option from 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

What the f are we going to do when Pat retires. Alternatives are muck!

Advertisement