Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not entirely sure why the dad of the 3 children who were murdered by his wife (their mother) has set up a facebook page. Not sure why he feels the need to go on the radio either. You would think this would be the opposite of what a normal person would do ??

He is looking for an apology from the people treating his wife now ?
    This is bizarre IMO

2smiggy wrote: »
    not entirely sure why the dad of the 3 children who were murdered by his wife (their mother) has set up a facebook page. Not sure why he feels the need to go on the radio either. You would think this would be the opposite of what a normal person would do ??

He is looking for an apology from the people treating his wife now ?
    This is bizarre IMO

FFS!!!

I came on here to say its amazing he can keep on going.

We see eye to eye on many things, 2smiggy, but in my opinion, your comment is bizzarre.

ah well , only my opinion !!

If it was me (and hopefully nothing like this happens to me) I would be keeping off the radio anyway, or putting anything up on the cesspit that is facebook, especially about the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭daithi7

If it was me (and hopefully nothing like this happens to me) I would be keeping off the radio anyway, or putting anything up on the cesspit that is facebook, especially about the children.

Grief is a very personal thing, so the way you think you might handle such a horror show outcome for his family has absolutely no relevance as to how he is coping with his grief.

He did explain that one of the kids wanted a social media channel, and he now wanted to make good on the promises he had made his kids.

Imho, that's not just understandable but admirable abs I can totally see how it could be cathartic for a grieving father of three murdered children by his mentally ill wife.

As for highlighting abusive,
    lying, two faced, slanderous Gobsh@tes on Facebook, good on him, if he doesn't call them out who will!?

If it was me Id drink myself to death. I cant imagine living with that kind of trauma. He should be congratulated for getting out of bed in the morning, never mind, doing things.

• Advertisement

I've only come across some of the materials he posts online, but j think his aim is to preserve the memory of his three children, and to emphasise their personalities.

The man has lost all of his children. None of us can possibly say how we would react in his situation. I suspect his diligence in making people aware of the names of his children, and telling us about their personalities, has something to do with the fact that the perpetrator has been the main focus of the media.
    In fact, this sorry affair revolves around the victims, and their lives should be paramount.

I heard Kathleen Chada saying something similar, when briefly there was a legal blackout on mentioning the names of her murdered children. It is very important to them that the children should be remembered.

Pat said there could be something better than antigen testing , dogs !!

Well anything to get him away from antigen testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat said there could be something better than antigen testing , dogs !!

Well anything to get him away from antigen testing

Get Pat talking about dogs everyday so he can say "ORF, ORF" like he did today.

At least I know what the bark of a southside dog sounds like now

'what colour was the dog ?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

'what colour was the dog ?'

Wrong show caller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Frank McDonald and Pat being taken to task by a caller about Bord Pleanala.

Lets see if they can double team him and knock him out.

EDIT: Hilarious - muffled Frank trying to interrupt the caller and then hanging up when the producer didn't turn up his line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

You don't have to be a fookwit to play golf but it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

‘Men are discriminated in every way these days, another feather in the cap of feminism’. They should have that lady back on more often.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

‘Men are discriminated in every way these days, another feather in the cap of feminism’. They should have that lady back on more often.

If women were banned from becoming members of every golf course in the country I might have some sympathy. It's just one club like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If women were banned from becoming members of every golf course in the country I might have some sympathy. It's just one club like.

Golf clubs are usually on scenic locations, it's not like some mouldy shed in industrial estate in case comparisons to Men's Sheds are made. Also it's not like women couldn't play there, they just couldn't become members. So if you have male protector who can speak for you, you are fine but all the single hags should be kept away so they wouldn't distract upstanding male members with their lycra (as suggested by someone on Lunchtime Live).

meeeeh wrote: »
    Golf clubs are usually on scenic locations,

Tbh I wish there were less of them because of that, sterile human playgrounds, terrible for wildlife.

Tbh I wish there were less of them because of that, sterile human playgrounds, terrible for wildlife.

I think there are a whole pile of issues around that. Private beaches owned by hotels in some countries are similar problem. I'm not a golfer so this won't change my life in one way or another. However the issues around not allowing female members are clearly outdated. I would actually have more sympathy if it was men only space but it is clearly not, they were just treating women differently.

I think there are a whole pile of issues around that. Private beaches owned by hotels in some countries are similar problem. I'm not a golfer so this won't change my life in one way or another. However the issues around not allowing female members are clearly outdated. I would actually have more sympathy if it was men only space but it is clearly not, they were just treating women differently.

It's all over now, so you can dry your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Someone sounds bitter.

Any other insightful comment or is that all you can come up with? Probably...

• Advertisement

it's not like some mouldy shed in industrial estate in case comparisons to Men's Sheds are made..

Not at all sexist or stereotype creation....they're all mouldy and full of smelly boys.

Not at all sexist or stereotype creation....they're all mouldy and full of smelly boys.

So that's the insightful observation it took a day to come up with. OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭daithi7

You don't have to be a fookwit to play golf but it helps.

YOU don't have to be a fookwit to post trite sh1te on a forum, but it certainly helps also!!

As soon as I hear the expression "living my best life"I switch off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Do you have your finger hanging over the button waiting for someone to say it all morning or is it something more “organic” that you’d hear it, let it sink in, and then strike?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

I presume you're talking about the author. That kind of expression would usually engage my cynical side, but I thought she came across a pretty grounded and lovely girl...unlike some who are just making an industry out of mental health.

Do you have your finger hanging over the button waiting for someone to say it all morning or is it something more “organic” that you’d hear it, let it sink in, and then strike?

The latter.

It's VE Or VJ btw not V Day.

One miserable free stamp in the pack :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pat was at his bombastic best interviewing Neasa Hourigan and (to a lesser extent) Niall Collins earlier.

Practically shouting over them - but especially Neasa - she couldn't get a word in edgeways. Making the same point in five different variations while she tried to answer.

Very rude.

Advertisement