Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Cole

BPKS wrote: »
    No - give me Sara any day of the week over King Smug

Oh it's a close call. Sara's cryptocurrency piece was just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dr Orla, you know, talking about washing hands, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Sara Madden is your answer

Totally unsuitable for Pats demographic IMO.They could have got a adult to explain bitcoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Cole wrote: »
    Oh it's a close call. Sara's cryptocurrency piece was just awful.

The production wasn't bad though;)

Totally unsuitable for Pats demographic IMO.They could have got a adult to explain bitcoin.

They had adults on to explain the hard bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pat's first broadcast away from his home for 15 months !!

Wonder is he in a full hazmat suit ? :pac:

It is good to see him getting back to normal thou

and he seems fairly cranky as well !!

This interview just goes to show how out of touch the Greens are.

"If we had peace guardians............"

Yes Kieran, if we had peace guardians, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa on the streets everybody would be well behaved and would clean up after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭boardise

My heart bleeds for anyone trying to run a business in Dublin City.
    The country's capital is in a perilous state on so many levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Mav11

Beirut wrote: »
    Pat wants the ERU to take out the kids drinking in town. What a cretin...

He didn't say that. He want proportional policing and rightly so.

• Advertisement

Everyone going around in circles again, but at least it was (unintentionally) funny. Ciaran Cuffe wants the cuddly peace and love approach and Pat wants some kind of special ops squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

As much as I love Paul Harrington, given they're broadcasting from a live venue on a Friday before the long weekend, you'd think they'd have a band or someone on that would have a bit more oomph and be a bit more upbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Any chance to take a pop at the planners. That was great.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

As much as I love Paul Harrington, given they're broadcasting from a live venue on a Friday before the long weekend, you'd think they'd have a band or someone on that would have a bit more oomph and be a bit more upbeat.

I'm tuning out when Mundy comes on. :mad:

Fairly brazen move there...shoehorning in a recording from home and having a go at the planners while having chatting with Paul Harrington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Right he's on about antigen testing again. Who had 9.50?

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm tuning out when Mundy comes on. :mad:

Thanks for the warning. Steve Earle must be sorry he ever wrote Galway Girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cole wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. Steve Earle must be sorry he ever wrote Galway Girl.

His original recording is a belter of a tune, I absolutely love it. Unfortunately Mundy's bland version has surpassed it by a thousandfold in terms of airplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭browne_rob5

I had to go back and listen to that again to see how he managed to segue onto the topic. Unbelievable.

The reason people are selfish scumbags is there aren't enough open spaces, cop out from your woman?

• Advertisement

I had to go back and listen to that again to see how he managed to segue onto the topic. Unbelievable.

‘Sound is very important to home recording, isn’t it?…speaking of sound, have a listen to this’.

Have to say, Harrington’s rendition of ‘Galveston’ was great.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Your man talking about pee the only one who is critisising people, the others populists

So the discussion with Kieran Cuffe centred on Dublin City Centre. The panel on at the moment talking only about issues in Dublin City Centre.

Does anything happen in any of the other 99% of the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Heard this myself, was quite taken aback, some cheek, so much for broadcast impartiality

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

So the discussion with Kieran Cuffe centred on Dublin City Centre. The panel on at the moment talking only about issues in Dublin City Centre.

Dublin and Galway are in my opinion two of the cities where councilors and city officials are actually negligent in what they did. I know there were bunch of angry texts by usual suspects but Cuffe was saying was started in many continental cities at least 20 years ago and it makes them more pleasant. There is such a lack of vision in Dublin it should be highlighted as often as possible. Dublin is actually an embarrassment for the country. It has great potential but all you have is a mess chocking in trafficand and litter.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He's vaccinated now, is he still wfh? Can he not go in and do recordings in the studio?

Certainly not locking down Limerick.

The one thing I will say about Mundy - I never thought I'd hear the phrase "Well fcuk me pink" on The Pat Kenny show

The one thing I will say about Mundy - I never thought I'd hear the phrase "Well fcuk me pink" on The Pat Kenny show

I never thought I'd hear Pat offering to forward a video of a naked guy to a female guest either.

• Advertisement

Don't do the accent !!!

Advertisement