Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What an amazing life she's leading - Cannes, Hollywood............ then back to Dublin to do an ad for the Littlewood's Catalogue......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fair play to her I say, I always found her likeable and wish her the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Fair play to her I say, I always found her likeable and wish her the best of luck.

I used to like her on that fasion show she did on RTE a few years ago but I do wish she'd cease exagerrating her Hollywood success ... if she was that successful we'd have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's more sections of the media hyping her up as opposed to her, as evident by Pats introduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

2009-03-caroline-morahan-2.jpg
    She's gorgeous but I think she's left it too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

She a bit of alright isn't she!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's more sections of the media hyping her up as opposed to her, as evident by Pats introduction.

That's it - she might well get her break yet (and good luck to her) but the media PR would have you believe all of Hollywood was fighting over since from the day she arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ah, she can do a fair bit of hyping all by herself. The last time she was on TV, she was talking about a "great" new film she was in... that went straight to DVD. I reckon she should get used to acting in films that will go straight to DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

She has yeah, 36 for a female actor in Hollywood ??

Even the successful ones get shelved by then ..

the_monkey wrote: »
    She has yeah, 36 for a female actor in Hollywood ?? Even the successful ones get shelved by then ..

But think of the advantages.. Tubridy can bring her on the Late Late next season and she can tell us how many sugars Anne Hathaway has in her tea.

• Advertisement

I think she has been given more exposure on Boards this morning that she ever got (or will get) in Hollywood. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭gluppers

Guess what part of Dublin 4 Caroline Morahan is from?

Answer: Drogheda

Seriously love, what happened your accent?

This was part of one of the acclaimed roles that she played..

I thought that whole Anglo: The Musical was a load of nonsense anyway. Opportunistic and in bad taste. Glowing reviews by all of the writer's pals in the media, none of whom seemed to be courageous enough to go against the flow by writing a bad review. Kind of ironic when you think of the subject they were covering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭gluppers

This was part of one of the acclaimed roles that she played..

I thought that whole Anglo: The Musical was a load of nonsense anyway. Opportunistic and in bad taste. Glowing reviews by all of the writer's pals in the media, none of whom seemed to be courageous enough to go against the flow by writing a bad review. Kind of ironic when you think of the subject they were covering.

Which one is Caroline Morahan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Incredible begrudgery there folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

kneemos wrote: »
    Incredible begrudgery there folks.
    Don't you have to be successful for someone to begrudge you though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Was Pat Kenny talking about concrete? Did I imagine that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was but the issue was competition rather than dusty grey stuff!

Just listening to it back & that Caroline Morahan interview is downright embarrassing - the level of delusion is incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Raheen....big Communion parties...Parents kicking up a fuss... I wouldn't be surprised if it's a certain minority who are behind this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I think Pat has a sense of freedom about him that he didnt have before on rte. No longer institutionalised ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was listening to the Caroline Morahan interview the other day and forgot to check the thread. It was cringeworthy. Question for Pat's regulars from the RTE days - did he ever interview Z listers like that on RTE Radio (I'll ignore TLLS as we'd be here all day!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

How is he doing in the ratings? Haven't bothered tuning into him yet, he's just on a long holiday to me.

They should be called the People Who Dont Want To Pay Their Mortgages group... "We're doing it on behalf of everybody"... They are trying to pass their mortgages on to the taxpayers, how is that working on behalf of "everybody"..If the house prices had gone up, she wouldnt care about the quality or legitimacy of the mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Stephen Donnelly is talking through the wrong orifice as usual.:eek:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly is talking through the wrong orifice as usual.:eek:

That figure about public sector workers taking 2.5 times the sick leave in HP, even STILL after all the supposed reforms, is absolutely astonishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Ah don't tell Pat there's an island out there with no owner!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Does Newstalk operate at a lower volume to RTÉ and other stations?

I'm on a bus at the moment and was listening to Seán O'Rourke through headphones earlier but switched over to Pat Kenny during the music bit.

Its almost impossible to hear anything Kenny is saying and even more difficult to hear his guests, (especially those on the phone) despite me having the volume up full blast.

I tried a few other stations including 2FM, Today FM and Galway Bay and have no problem hearing them.

Only Newstalk seems to sound like the volume is down to 2.

Yeah there's definitely a volume difference, Lapin.. I have a TV/radio tuner card on my PC and when I change from RTE Radio One to Newstalk I notice a sudden volume drop. I've also the added pain that the transformer in my new monitor seems to interfere with the FM signal for Newstalk.. Fortunately if I turn off the monitor the FM signal is perfect, but I have found that having the monitor switched off can affect productivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lapin wrote: »
    Does Newstalk operate at a lower volume to RTÉ and other stations?

I'm on a bus at the moment and was listening to Seán O'Rourke through headphones earlier but switched over to Pat Kenny during the music bit.

Its almost impossible to hear anything Kenny is saying and even more difficult to hear his guests, (especially those on the phone) despite me having the volume up full blast.

I tried a few other stations including 2FM, Today FM and Galway Bay and have no problem hearing them.

Only Newstalk seems to sound like the volume is down to 2.

It was like that here in the SE for a while but seems to have gone back to normal.

Advertisement