Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 PercyBlakeney

Lapin wrote: »
    Thats what I did when O'Rourke gave us the heads up.

Davenport was on doing one of his regular google readings.

I have to say this feature is a real turn off and does not suit the rest of the show. While there will always be a mix of interesting and less interesting articles, this feature is consistently uninteresting, the delivery flat and the subjects often of little interest. Why they have it in the show seems a mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Lapin wrote: »
    Davenport was on doing one of his regular google readings.

Ha, I noticed that too back on Culture shock. I would put the plagiarised sounding sentences into google just to see where and how much he lifted
    He's a spoofer Bill :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That's the oldest sounding 39 year old I've ever heard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Why they have it in the show seems a mystery.
    Filler.

Mystery solved! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Davenport's audio inserts are Pat's cue to take a coffee break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I don't mind Fionn Davenport's diversionary interludes, to be honest.

They are hit and miss but sometimes they can be interesting, and they don't drag on forever. I couldn't manage a whole lotta Fionn, but he is alright in small doses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Skid X wrote: »
    I don't mind Fionn Davenport's diversionary interludes, to be honest.

They are hit and miss but sometimes they can be interesting, and they don't drag on forever. I couldn't manage a whole lotta Fionn, but he is alright in small doses.

If he did it in his normal voice it might be a bit more acceptable.That monotone serious effort I'd just a bit too annoying.

I was wondering about the portentous tone. Its laid on a bit too thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

This bit on prenups should be a laugh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

This bit on prenups should be a laugh :)

would say farmer boys truth comments on the saudis went down like a lead balloon over there

• Advertisement

well that sounds lovely a chocolate log left in your fridge after youve had all your cash and ipads nicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

filth ... and if you did anything to them you'd be charged.

Good old USA , shoot the **** dead and you are perfectly in your rights..

the_monkey wrote: »
    filth ... and if you did anything to them you'd be charged.

Good old USA , shoot the **** dead and you are perfectly in your rights..

wonder if you caught them stuck them in the boot of the car and took a nice drive up into the mountains and left them to walk home would you get in trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

*throws the rest of the Chocolate Gateux in the bin*

Pat talks to some bloke from some charity and yet somehow ends up talking about his accent (Dublin) and his location (Kilkenny) and how this must somehow be important in his life with regard to the gaa.

Christ.

In no time at all the worst business to be in could be making 3D printers as anyone with one should be able to make one, logically after a while the market should collapse as people make printers at home for people they know, who in turn print out printers for people they know. At some point the small ads online with contain little other than 3D printers for sale! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

another smug Guardian hack being given airtime. There are other media outlats out there Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"Wrong kind of water......."?............I've heard it all now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pat's engineering degree comes in very handy with this water discussion.
    Very informative

This fellow is taking a awful long time to tell us that he he hasn't a fcuking clue what is wrong. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Pat's on fire with the puns today, "clarity" in the water, revenue "streams" :rolleyes: :)

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    Pat's on fire with the puns today, "clarity" in the water, revenue "streams" :rolleyes: :)

Pat gets his kicks from chemistry. You could say he's almost 'wetting himself' with this story.:D

Ah jaysus, Terry Prone. I thought she'd have been barred from a station where her husband wasn't on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yakuza wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, Terry Prone. I thought she'd have been barred from a station where her husband wasn't on the board.

She is an amazing woman......according to her own PR.:rolleyes:

Herself and Pat could have a competition to see who is the most condescending. That would be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Herself and Pat could have a competition to see who is the most condescending. That would be fun.

"meaning which of us is most inclined to talk down to people, in case there's any confusion among the listeners..."

She is an amazing woman......according to her own PR.:rolleyes:

Edit : Reason: Amazing, not amazon - flipping predictive text!

Your post still made sense, I wouldn't have doubted she wouldn't be beyond portraying herself in her PR as an amazon woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

All the newstalk advertising to get people to turn the dial didn't seem to work out. According to tomorrows listenership figures the mid morning slot at Newstalk has only grown by 26k. Interestingly Sean O'Rourkes listenership has also risen by 6k.

I've also had the suspicion that the so called draw of RTE stars was somewhat overstated. Seems if the "Pat factor" is very small compared to overall listenership sizes. Looking back now I wonder does RTE think the huge amount of money they paid Pat was well spent, considering the now exposed limited draw of his personality factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Are the JNLR figures not based on past 6 months average? So that would include 4 months of Tom 'the most boring man on radio' Dunne, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just caught the end of that woman's weight loss (and secondary - for the purposes of the piece- cancer) stories. Has Pat interviewed all 12 finalists in the uni slim competition or was she the first? It seems a very low brow topic for a broadcaster of Pat's stature. Between it, the Caroline Morahan interview and the competitions he has to read out with the emotion of a Joe Duffy on-air apology, I do wonder does Pat miss his days in RTE sometimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

All the newstalk advertising to get people to turn the dial didn't seem to work out. According to tomorrows listenership figures the mid morning slot at Newstalk has only grown by 26k. Interestingly Sean O'Rourkes listenership has also risen by 6k.

I've also had the suspicion that the so called draw of RTE stars was somewhat overstated. Seems if the "Pat factor" is very small compared to overall listenership sizes. Looking back now I wonder does RTE think the huge amount of money they paid Pat was well spent, considering the now exposed limited draw of his personality factor.

Are you not aware how the figures are calculated?

• Advertisement

Pat has forgotten about button B

Advertisement