Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

another smug Guardian hack being given airtime. There are other media outlats out there Pat.

Damn, I miss that interview. Was the Guardian journalist one of the diligent and courageous people investigating the phone hacking story or the NSA-GCHQ illegal spying story? - despite harassment and threats from government officials or News International stooges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah it was Roy Greenslade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mike65 wrote: »

Professor Roy Greenslade these days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

mike65 wrote: »

Oh, right. I won't bother looking for the podcast then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ffs, millions of € spent by the HSE on this kid with OCD ??!!

I think there are more important things to spend money on then some kid who likes to walk down stairs backwards ffs!!

he needs a good slap in the face and told to cop the f*ck on !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

the_monkey wrote: »

I think there are more important things to spend money on then some kid who likes to walk down stairs backwards ffs!!

In a civilised society thats not how we do things.

Were you brought up in a household where violence, or the threat of violence, was normal? Did your parents give you an occasional slap in the face, or elsewhere, as part of your normal growing up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You should contact the HSE immediately with your new cure for OCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

A diagnosed mental illness (such as OCD) is just as valid an illness as a physical one. While I was quite surprised at the extent of how much his cost, OCD simply can't be "slapped" out of someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

In a civilised society thats not how we do things.

Were you brought up in a household where violence, or the threat of violence, was normal? Did your parents give you an occasional slap in the face, or elsewhere, as part of your normal growing up?

Come on, don't take it so literally, but you think these kind of costs are justified ?

I think this kid is an attention seeker .

Come on, don't take it so literally,

If you don't want guys to take what you say at face (sic) value, and find that guys here take you literally, have you considered saying what you mean rather than saying things you don't mean and then have what you don't mean taken literally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jeez, sounds like Pat is doing a Joe Duffy impersonation today covering "Assburgers" and interviewing Ryan Tubridy about his new buke. :rolleyes:

After listening to the new show, I find myself listening less often. I don't know why, maybe its the content, maybe its the incessant advertisements, maybe its a sense of rushing everything, but I listen less. Also I've found James O'Brien at www.lbc.co.uk on my wifi radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Seems a bit weird to hear Pat Kenny interviewing Ryan Tubridy on Newstalk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Even weirder watching it in Newstalk TV.

Ryan looks like an old professor with his specs and tweed jacket while Pat looks like a young transition year radio presenter in casual shirt !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lapin wrote: »
    Even weirder watching it in Newstalk TV.

Ryan looks like an old professor with his specs and tweed jacket while Pat looks like a young transition year radio presenter in casual shirt !

Had he a packet of Werthers in the pocket?

Not Werthers.

But these...

e49431f72ab813fb10c1f899e2c9a898.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm just wondering will this form of therapy work for my depression or is it just some mental illness.

Will it also work for broken legs and cancer ??

Perhaps you could have got john murray back to work quicker in RTE with an slap in the face !!

My god you are an idiot of the highest order. Might a slap in the face work for your gob$hiteitis ???

He even said the money being spent was wrong and the alternative is being ignored.

Why weren't you on this morning telling how austim could be cured with "a good slap in the face"

Elvis, I fear you're gonna get a booking for that but I agree with every word you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Lapin wrote: »
    Elvis, I fear you're gonna get a booking for that but I agree with every word you said.

If i deserve a booking for it god knows what the op deserves.........10 years ago this week i faced depression and mental illness for the 1st time. Lucky i'm still here but with attitudes like that its no wonder so many are taking their own lives:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Yesterday long drawn out interview with Tubridy, today long drawn out interview with writer of Love Hate. PK seems to be reverting to an RTE interviewing RTE path...yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yesterday long drawn out interview with Tubridy, today long drawn out interview with writer of Love Hate. PK seems to be reverting to an RTE interviewing RTE path...yawn.

Didn't (couldn't) listen to him interviewing Tubs but this is awkward with Stuart Carolan, example:

Pat: That's a very esoteric piece of music, you're obviously big into your music?
    Stuart: No.

Pat is discussing the characters of Love/Hate like I'm sure the English landed gentry discussed the Irish peasants in the 1800s. He really does live in another world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Who really cares about getting a book published? I mean apart from some D4 housewife, or an unemployed Journalist.

Who really cares about getting a book published? I mean apart from some D4 housewife, or an unemployed Journalist.

Actually, the answer to that question is every author I have ever met. Are you seriously suggesting that authors don't care about getting their books published?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Didn't (couldn't) listen to him interviewing Tubs but this is awkward with Stuart Carolan, example:

Pat: That's a very esoteric piece of music, you're obviously big into your music?
    Stuart: No.

Pat is discussing the characters of Love/Hate like I'm sure the English landed gentry discussed the Irish peasants in the 1800s. He really does live in another world.

in fairness carolans a bloody awfull interviewee. he seems to be a case of a writer that if he has the time he can craft exactly the response he wants, but when he has to speak on the fly he comes off as befuddled. like he's got three different answers to the same question trying to get out at the same time , ALL valid, and he stuggles to get the central points of all three across at once.

nothing wrong with that, if everyone could preform on a radio program as desired we wouldnt need professional broadcasters. but it makes for very stilted listening. he was pretty much the same when he was on tom dunne a while back.

personally i still like to hear him anyway as im a fan of the show. but i doubt anyone else could get more coherency out of him. at least pat teased some nuances out of him. i didnt see the little matchgirl/children of lir connections with lukes story in season 2 for instance. puts the whole swan punching into a totally different light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Actually, the answer to that question is every author I have ever met. Are you seriously suggesting that authors don't care about getting their books published?

No, i'm suggesting that 99.99% of Newstalk listeners couldn't give a flying fcuk about the process of getting a book published...and i'd say the same percentage couldn't give a flying fcuk about you having met some authors. Well done you.

No, i'm suggesting that 99.99% of Newstalk listeners couldn't give a flying fcuk about the process of getting a book published...and i'd say the same percentage couldn't give a flying fcuk about you having met some authors. Well done you.

I really have no idea what anyone else might think, and only speak for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

*groan*

Just because you're visiting Kilkenomics doesn't mean you have to start the show with that self-publicist McWilliams Pat. You're on a new station now, try to mix it up a bit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've read some of McWilliams' books and there's some good stuff in them, but his forced, back-slapping laugh at these economedy (I think I just made a new word up) shows just sounds off-putting.

*groan*

Just because you're visiting Kilkenomics doesn't mean you have to start the show with that self-publicist McWilliams Pat. You're on a new station now, try to mix it up a bit...

so why listen if you don't like it? are you seriously suggesting that because you dont like mcwilliams, you think pat kenny shoudl not "start" the show with him? Woudl you allow himon so long as he didn't "start" it with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jaysus ! Tiamat from dungeons and dragons is on talking economics !

:D

Advertisement