Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've found their livestream via their website is pretty shaky, constantly dropping, stopping etc. However I've been listening on an internet radio the last week or so and it has been rock solid.

Have you guys tried listening via TuneIn.com rather than the Newstalk website itself to see if it makes a difference ?

I have tried numerous times to listen on an Internet radio but it is usually crap. Keeps dropping out and going all distorted. I even mailed news talk,they didnt have the decency to reply.
    However when I use TuneIn on my phone there is no problem...strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

neris wrote: »
    is brendan grace pissed??

Just thinking the exact same thing! He really is struggling with a few of his words!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Think its just a bad cold;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

He doesn't sound the best to be sure. They went to music in mid sentence for 10 or 15 seconds so I can imagine Pat asked him the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lordRothery

hammered he is ..

• Advertisement

Great episode of Father Ted .... pity he is so hammered now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

that interview was a wet dream for joe duffy. the liberties, syl fox, imelda may and dublin in the rare aul times. all its missing it brendan ocarroll and a bowl of coddle

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

I even mailed news talk,they didnt have the decency to reply.

Same here, sent them email few months ago, no reply, strange.

For those having issues with the online player
    Use this one / it's solid (has been mentioned before)

media.newstalk.ie/live/popup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

chinwag wrote: »
    Same here, sent them email few months ago, no reply, strange.
    Likelihood of your email being replied to is directly related to the number of emails they get in, divided by the number of people dedicated to answering your emails you aren't doing a million other things at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiler Durden

Had to laugh yesterday, during the discussion about Ireland hosting the Rugby World Cup. Pat was saying that you'd need only small venues for the smaller nations;

"You could play some of the games in my back garden, if it was big enough".

It not being big enough was what caused all your trouble, Pat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I have tried numerous times to listen on an Internet radio but it is usually crap. Keeps dropping out and going all distorted. I even mailed news talk,they didnt have the decency to reply.
    However when I use TuneIn on my phone there is no problem...strange!

Where does the feed come from for the station on the internet radio ? I could be looking at the wrong thing but it looks like it's a different IP address than the one they online plugin uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have had trouble repeatedly with the online stream. Seeing as it's the only way for me to listen, PK has lost a listener to SOR! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Tired and emotional :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Callan57 wrote: »
    Tired and emotional smile.png

fintan_stack.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

two days of the breakfast show instead of the pat kenny show being played.

and it skipped out again just now.

a simple reload sorted it. theres definelty something up with their player. im not having any of these probs with todayfm and its the same software.

So if its their player, everyone listening on wifi must have experienced the same problems, right?

How do you explain that I didn't have any problems listening on wifi?

But how are you listening over wi-fi, where are you getting the stream from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Where does the feed come from for the station on the internet radio ? I could be looking at the wrong thing but it looks like it's a different IPw address than the one they online plugin uses.

I don't know to be honest. I searched on the radio for Newstalk on the radio(pure connect). Have no problem with any other station,uk,USA Russia, etc just Newstalk.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So if its their player, everyone listening on wifi must have experienced the same problems, right?

How do you explain that I didn't have any problems listening on wifi?
    It could be a browser specific problem so not everyone would be affected.
    I have always had problems listening to Newstalk on the internet, but never with other radio stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

i have trouble with both newstalk and today on their android app. either they wont play or play and then just stop after a while. always seems to be somthing wrong when i try to steam directly off a newstalk app or link.

• Advertisement

I don't know to be honest. I searched on the radio for Newstalk on the radio(pure connect). Have no problem with any other station,uk,USA Russia, etc just Newstalk.:mad:

Yeah, goes with what I was saying a few posts back, I think internet radio apps such as Tune-in use a different stream than the one that you get from using the one from the stations on website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny can barely contain his giggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I note how Pat and the reporter are at pains to point out that they have little to no knowledge of this subject.
    Normally Pat can't contain himself, and constantly chips in with his encyclopaedic knowledge of all things on his show.

"I'm told that...."
    "I believe....."
    "I hear that..."
    "...or so I'm told"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mike65 wrote: »
    Kenny can barely contain his giggles.

could be reminising about RTE christmas do's gone by !

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

A questrion was answered this morning, who'll fill in for Pat when he's off ? Shane Coleman being the answer. At Christmas will he do breakfast, Pat's show and The Right Hook ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

A questrion was answered this morning, who'll fill in for Pat when he's off ? Shane Coleman being the answer. At Christmas will he do breakfast, Pat's show and The Right Hook ???

Over Christmas Newstalk really isn't worth listening to. A week of Henry talking to travellers and various repeats like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

touts wrote: »
    Over Christmas Newstalk really isn't worth listening to. A week of Henry talking to travellers and various repeats like that.

More or less the same as RTE then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I reckon Shane is so paranoid about job security since the Trib closed he'd clean the toilets at Newstalk Towers if they asked him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I reckon Shane is so paranoid about job security since the Trib closed he'd clean the toilets at Newstalk Towers if they asked him...

Well he is getting paid per show..............

• Advertisement

WHAT ??????

is this guy for real ??

We didn't understand the effects of abuse on kids in the 70's ?

Is he SERIOUS ????

Advertisement