Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

Pat seems unsure who owns 90% of hospitals.

If that is the case, then I agree with Pat, as many hospitals are in the ownership of many different groups and bodies, and I'd have no idea who owns most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dermot Ferriter is on a gravy train these days. He seems to pop up everywhere. He will be dead from exhaustion before we get to 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mattie McGrath giving it the full Mattie treatment on Pat now. I'd turn off but he's so funny. He's like a semi-coherent Jackie Healy-Rae.:D

My favourite Mattie comment was when he came out in favour of coursing as "it's good for de obesity". :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah dear - its happened. The show is on the skids, music for a few days running now.

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah dear - its happened. The show is on the skids, music for a few days running now.

"The last great love song that he will ever sing"........sadly, I think not; that would be too much to hope for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He's really stuck for content to fill the 2 and half hours. Still hard to beat star of "I, Keano" Caroline Morahan though as worst filler segment of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

TBH lads i think he knows he's in the clear from 12 on as theres feck all on RTE after sean signs off.

couple of tunes, kick back with a tea, and cost to jonothan sounds like a plan to me.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fianna fail sheehan was also on yesterday, I was hoping he would stay at RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Fianna fail sheehan was also on yesterday, I was hoping he would stay at RTE!

Has he not been on RTE Radio since Kenny left? I would lose even more respect for him were he only contributing to Newstalk because of DOB's ownership of it.

Mc Williams is a total nutcase. He is suggesting that the rest of us write off the debt of the greedy ones who borrowed recklessly. We made the big mistake of doing it for the bond holders; he thinks we should throw good money after bad. If we could export all the sh1t he talks we could solve all our economic problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Mc Williams is a total nutcase. He is suggesting that the rest of us write off the debt of the greedy ones who borrowed recklessly. We made the big mistake of doing it for the bond holders; he thinks we should throw good money after bad. If we could export all the sh1t he talks we could solve all our economic problems!

Isnt that the crux of the problem with these economists, they all seem to have a different solution to our problems.

a family home is one thing,but no way should a portfolio of other investment properties be ,'written off'.

I cant be as definite as Roger on this but I would not like to be bailing out some reckless buyer who vastly overextended whilst others were more prudent.

Wee Daniel! :( Seriously Pat its not even 12 bells.

and now the Four of Us fella. Soon it'll be the none of me Pat.

Is anyone listening any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

He very much seems to have veered into more light entertainement, and it's almost as if he's competing with the likes of Ray d'Arcy, not Sean O'Rourke.

This saddens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Is anyone listening any more?

Not me anyway, may give it a run this week but way too tabloid for my taste.

Back up isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Does anybody know what day Pat Kenny had the guy in to talk about health insurance. I think it was last week sometime but i can't find it to listenback, do you know when it was please?thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

joeperry wrote: »
    Does anybody know what day Pat Kenny had the guy in to talk about health insurance. I think it was last week sometime but i can't find it to listenback, do you know when it was please?thanks.

Dermot Goode was on the show on December 9th talking about the Health Insurance market.

You can listen back to the show here

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/launch

Better programme today or maybe it was just more items of interest to me. Was there any music, don't think so.

Better programme today or maybe it was just more items of interest to me. Was there any music, don't think so.

I was thinking the same.

But in general I would agree the show is too 'Kenny Light'. There are too many lifestyle segments, and the interesting discussions seem to be cut off too early.

For once, RTE made a great move in putting Sean O'Rourke into PK's old show. I can't think of anyone else who would have made a strong alternative to Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Fascinating ? Irish people that were brainwashed to convert to Islam ??

Hows that fascinating ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I wouldn't be in favour of schools marking their own state exams, no consistency or objective marking either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The head of the food safety authority really hadnt a clue did he?

Be on the look out for hooky vodka.... But we wont tell you what is in it or where it is sold.

Thanks mate... Another quango worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The head of the food safety authority really hadnt a clue did he?

Be on the look out for hooky vodka.... But we wont tell you what is in it or where it is sold.

Thanks mate... Another quango worth the money.

They go public with restaurants for the smallest of infractions.Dont see what the problem is.

Remember folks:

"A pie was made round so everyone has a slice of the cake."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Urgh, the farmers complaining again. They can't compete because there are no economies of scale - we need larger farms not higher prices. Let some farmers go to the wall.

"I'm not comparing the cheap vegetables to Apartheid, but it's very similar"

Nelson Mandela will be turning in his grave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Was there any mention of michael lowry being up on tax evasion charges yesterday, or has denis o brien ordered a black out of any reporting of it?

Urgh, the farmers complaining again. They can't compete because there are no economies of scale - we need larger farms not higher prices. Let some farmers go to the wall.

Have you ever met the farmer making a profit on carrots & potatoes @ 5c per kilo ??

Can you elaborate on your theory that 'economies of scale' can deliver profit @ 5c per kilo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Have you ever met the farmer making a profit on carrots & potatoes @ 5c per kilo ??

Can you elaborate on your theory that 'economies of scale' can deliver profit @ 5c per kilo?

Anyone with a basic grasp of economics knows that an economy of scale allows a manufacturer to produce cheaper goods through bulk buying discounts, optimal use of machinery, marketing budgets and access to credit.

I didn't say they can sell produce at an arbitrary price (5c), merely that they can be a lot more cost competitive than they currently are, ya smart pr^ck.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a basic grasp of economics knows that an economy of scale allows a manufacturer to produce cheaper goods through bulk buying discounts, optimal use of machinery, marketing budgets and access to credit.

I didn't say they can sell produce at an arbitrary price (5c), merely that they can be a lot more cost competitive than they currently are, ya smart pr^ck.

So what your saying is, you don't know.

It was a legit question.
    You seemed certain that many Irish farmers have to go to the wall if they cannot survive on 5c per Kilo.

Being from a farming background myself, I was (and still am) keen to hear your ideas on how 5c per kilo is a sustainable price.

..... So when you know what your talking about, please let us know.

Advertisement