Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I love the hysterical pylon nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This 'York' test souds like a classic scam.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is someone (not American) saying math on my radio :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

mike65 wrote: »
    There is someone (not American) saying math on my radio :mad:

To be gramatically correct one calculation is in fact a math.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Switched over from Seán briefly to hear Pat about to introduce his next topic - "Should maternity benefit be split between the mammies and daddies?"

This unrelenting drive to address "wimmin's" issues, together with the dumbed-down introduction, was enough to make me switch back.

I was a big fan of Pat on Radio 1 - now any time I "move the dial" I hear the same kind of stuff ... so I rarely listen.

The lack of activity on this thread suggests that I am not alone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't do Newstalk anymore as the quality of their audio is so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This 'York' test souds like a classic scam.:mad:
    Good advertisement for the York test.
    They say it costs €350 and if they don't come back to you with any allergies you will get a refund of €320,wonder what their per centage of refunds is,Pat never asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

serfboard wrote: »
    Switched over from Seán briefly to hear Pat about to introduce his next topic - "Should maternity benefit be split between the mammies and daddies?"

This unrelenting drive to address "wimmin's" issues, together with the dumbed-down introduction, was enough to make me switch back.

I was a big fan of Pat on Radio 1 - now any time I "move the dial" I hear the same kind of stuff ... so I rarely listen.

The lack of activity on this thread suggests that I am not alone.

I rarely listen to the radio live, I rely primarily on podcasting. I've found myself listening to most of the SOR podcasts, but hardly any of the PK podcasts are remotely interesting to me, where's the hard current affairs?? Also - they don't seem to podcast half as much for Pat Kenny as RTÉ do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

dulpit wrote: »
    I rarely listen to the radio live, I rely primarily on podcasting. I've found myself listening to most of the SOR podcasts, but hardly any of the PK podcasts are remotely interesting to me, where's the hard current affairs?? Also - they don't seem to podcast half as much for Pat Kenny as RTÉ do...

I switched back to Seán O'Rourke but keep an lurking eye here & if you guys mention something worth listening to, or a good ding-dong row, then I podcast. Not a lot worth podcasting though TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I have to say, these over-long pre-recorded history segments are beginning to grate, I'm experiencing a growing inclination to turn the dial back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

PK's slide to oblivion took another lurch down the track today. His top of the show start-off piece was superficial third hand swipe at Jihad Jane. SoR went with flood damage in Tramore. Am not sure who Sean was speaking to but the man was describing first hand the battle against the elements last night. The locals (us irish) would be far more interested in this, I thought. Even though it is just about wet concrete. Will the concrete go 'off' before the sea tears it asunder? Somehow made more interesting than a story about Jihads, terror and murder.

Maybe it is budget, maybe it is the need to push the owner agenda, but what ever the reason, I'm starting to agree with the comments here that Pk is on some kind of slippery slope. This evening on RTE radio 1 I heard Philip Boucher-Hays report on the Jihad Jane story. It really made it obvious how bad Pat's version was. In PB-H's report we hear vox pops from Jane, Her Lawyer, The Prosecution and the Swedish guy she was supposed to Kill. None of this annoying first hand factual detail from Pat.

Trouble ahead for Pat if he can be so convincingly shown up like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This guy didn't half get beaten enough.

Jasus you'd just put him down wouldn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is rubbish science!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone else think Dr Luke sounds like some oily Northsoide sales rep?

Crack pipes and crap pipes! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Callan57 wrote: »
    I switched back to Seán O'Rourke but keep an lurking eye here & if you guys mention something worth listening to, or a good ding-dong row, then I podcast. Not a lot worth podcasting though TBH

How could you. You should show more loyalty to Pat afterall he proivded you with great knowledge over the years. Sean o rourke lacks what pat has style intelligence and craft. Pat is the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Pat is the best

You should really refer to him as "His Patrickness"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

You should really refer to him as "His Patrickness"

Yes he is a man i have upmost respect for do you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Crack pipes and crap pipes! :p

Thank you for sharing that ... I really will have to podcast that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Yes he is a man i have upmost respect for do you ?

Absoutely. I always refer to him as 'Your Patrickness'. I usually tuck me forelock and tip me hat simultaneously as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Boroso

I hear some half wit woman on PK show today claiming that people who live in the Mediterranean area not only live "longer and healthier lives" than we do ( that’s a popular myth and false and untrue for a start), but then she claims that the reason they live longer and healthier ( a lie) is because they drink so much olive oil.

Why doe the PK show put up with this sort of populist and untrue nonsense and help perpetuate lies? It undermines the credibility of the whole show that PK apparently believes this sort of myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Boroso wrote: »
    I hear some half wit woman on PK show today claiming that people who live in the Mediterranean area not of live "longer and healthier lives" than we do ( that’s a popular myth and false and untrue for a start), but then she claims that the reason they live longer and healthier ( a lie) is because they drink so much olive oil.

Why doe the PK show put up with this sort of populist and untrue nonsense?

Is she selling Olive Oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I hear some half wit woman on PK show today claiming that people who live in the Mediterranean area not of live "longer and healthier lives" than we do ( that’s a popular myth and false and untrue for a start), but then she claims that the reason they live longer and healthier ( a lie) is because they drink so much olive oil.

Why doe the PK show put up with this sort of populist and untrue nonsense?

They're paying for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I hear some half wit woman on PK show today claiming that people who live in the Mediterranean area not only live "longer and healthier lives" than we do ( that’s a popular myth and false and untrue for a start), but then she claims that the reason they live longer and healthier ( a lie) is because they drink so much olive oil.

Why doe the PK show put up with this sort of populist and untrue nonsense and help perpetuate lies? It undermines the credibility of the whole show that PK apparently believes this sort of myth.

This link lists that life expectancy on average in 2011 is higher in Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Malta and Cyprus. you can also add Portugal to that list although it shouldn't make it on geographical basis.

If you compare countries with reasonable living standard and reasonable healthcare, then yes they have longer life expectancy than Ireland. Why, I don't know but you cant compare Ireland to Morocco and say that the stats don't hold water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Boroso

meeeeh wrote: »
    This link lists that life expectancy on average in 2011 is higher in Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Malta and Cyprus. you can also add Portugal to that list although it shouldn't make it on geographical basis.

If you compare countries with reasonable living standard and reasonable healthcare, then yes they have longer life expectancy than Ireland. Why, I don't know but you cant compare Ireland to Morocco and say that the stats don't hold water.

Even if your claim is true that the people of Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Malta and Cyprus live longer and healthier lives, how does that in any way show that claim is dependant on her claim, in the program, that's it's all to do with glugging gallons of olive oil?

Even if your claim is true that the people of Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Malta and Cyprus live longer and healthier lives, how does that in any way show that claim is dependant on her claim, in the program, that's it's all to do with glugging gallons of olive oil?

I agree.
    If A and If B does not mean If B then A (or vice-versa).

It irritates me when people don't put forward logical arguments, politicians do it all the time. :mad:

Seriously if I hear the third Monday of the year is the most depressing again I will be miserable.

Seriously if I hear the third Monday of the year is the most depressing again I will be miserable.

But that's next Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

These Fionn Davenport history things feel like cheap filler to me, something a work experience kid could knock out with a couple of hours on Wikipedia.

Advertisement