Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

yes you are correct it was smug rabbitte.

It's easy enough to confuse the two, seeing as both of them are smug arrogant barstewards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Boroso

It's easy enough to confuse the two, seeing as both of them are smug arrogant barstewards.

At least neither are foul-mouthed name callers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Boroso wrote: »

Georgesstreet, last post 1 week 5 days ago.
    Boroso, first post 1 week 4 days ago.

Welcome back Troll !

No, they're worse than that. They're a couple of lying hypocrites.

And yet more name calling! Its a mystery why you choose to listen so someone you consider to be a lying hypocrite.

I was actually listening to The Pat Kenny Show, not The Pat Rabbitte Show.

You might want to take a look at this clip. It effectively proves that Pat Rabbitte is a lying hypocrite. He can sue me if he wants to. I doubt he'll get very far though.

• Advertisement

And yet more name calling! Its a mystery why you choose to listen so someone you consider to be a lying hypocrite.

And while you're at it, take a look at this as well:

Proof that Gilmore is also a lying hypocrite. He can sue me as well if he likes but I doubt he'll get very far either.

I was actually listening to The Pat Kenny Show, not The Pat Rabbitte Show.

You might want to take a look at this clip. It effectively proves that Pat Rabbitte is a lying hypocrite. He can sue me if he wants to. I doubt he'll get very far though.

Winston Churchill said he had lied many times on behalf of his country, and would continue to do so for as long as it was necessary.

It seems touching you are surprised on finding out others are hypocrites, and politicians are liars, and if you are really surprised that others are hypocrites and liars, then you have a lifetime of surprises ahead of you.

Winston Churchill said he had lied many times on behalf of his country, and would continue to do so for as long as it was necessary.

Get up the yard with your Winston Churchill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is Newstalk deliberately putting just "soft" topics on the podcasts and restricting what goes up there, or is the show like that in totality? I don't get a chance to listen to show live, this is what popped up in my podcatcher from today:
    • Science: Why do we sleep? (14:20)

At the same time my Today SOR feed updated, I got 8 podcasts, dealing with penalty points, the jobbridge scheme, banking, public accounts committee, etc.

I get that they want people to listen to the shows (and the ads that play on the show), but I've found myself going weeks between having a podcast from Kenny that strikes me as remotely interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bloody Bono, the economic expert, on the line from Davos. Everytime I heard 'Bono' on the radio I think it's just an impersonator.

• Advertisement

Bono trying to drum up business for Ireland whilst at the same time using Dutch loopholes to avoid paying tax here. Complete and utter hypocrite.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Bloody Bono, the economic expert, on the line from Davos. Everytime I heard 'Bono' on the radio I think it's just an impersonator.

Yes, i was tuned in and as soon as PK announced "Bono is on the line" I hit the off button. I dont know Bono, but have no wish to hear the views on world economics from an aging pop star. Next it will be Kylie Minogue on global Warming.

Bono trying to drum up business for Ireland whilst at the same time using Dutch loopholes to avoid paying tax here. Complete and utter hypocrite.

Only a fool would arrange his tax affairs to maximise the amount of tax he pays.

Only a fool would arrange his tax affairs to maximise the amount of tax he pays.

And only a hypocrite would do the same but preach world wide what he does.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And only a hypocrite would do the same but preach world wide what he does.

Is your argument that only those who arrange their tax affairs to maximise the amount of tax they pay can have any opinions about the world?

It's not hypocrisy to minimise ones tax affairs and preach to others, which seems to suggest you are not aware of the definition of hypocrisy.

In any case, the world is full of genuine hypocrisy, and as adults that is something we should come to terms with, rather than expressing schadenfreude every time we stumble across it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Bono does pay tax - he just minimises it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I trust I'm not the only one sat stony faced through this.

mike65 wrote: »

I turned off the radio so didn't have to sit through it. Why PK thinks Bono, a fading pop star with a hunger for self promotion, has anything to tell us about world affairs or economics is a mystery.

mike65 wrote: »

Off to Spotify I went, I'll be back to radio in time for Joe to get the blood pressure up again for the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

omg, Mrs Brown´s Boys ....

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    omg, Mrs Brown´s Boys ....

oyg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Jeez Pat you need to get some new topics ... turned on this morning to listen to him about to introduce that well-known pugilist Richard "The Boy" Barrett talking about a library in Dun Laoghaire ... needless to say I "moved the dial" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Then ya missed a brilliant interview with that woman who won her court case in europe today.

best bit of kenny ive heard in an age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

PK bigging up the property market, Newstalk desperate for a few ads from the auctioneers...truly crappy piece of radio,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Biomedical madness! Overdose by iphone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

serfboard wrote: »
    Jeez Pat you need to get some new topics ... turned on this morning to listen to him about to introduce that well-known pugilist Richard "The Boy" Barrett talking about a library in Dun Laoghaire ... needless to say I "moved the dial" ;)

Dún Laoighaire is beginning to become as synonymous with Pat's show as Clontarf is with Liveline or Cork on The Right Hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Article about Pat Kenny and Sean O'Rourke in today's Irish Times ahead of tomorrow's JNLR numbers

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/pat-kenny-versus-se%C3%A1n-o-rourke-from-tanks-on-the-lawn-to-laid-back-rivalry-1.1670978?page=1

And it's Pat's Birthday today. He is going well for 66, you can't fault his enthusiasm or energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

PK bigging up the property market, Newstalk desperate for a few ads from the auctioneers...truly crappy piece of radio,

I wasn't listening that carefully but I didn't find this. They were warning about the high prices in Dublin for instance. Is any piece about house buying to be deemed "bigging up the property market"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

it DID seem a bit pimpy to me and it doesnt help that it'd help pats employer BIG TIME to see an upkick in property advertising.

but not as bad as some of the stuff ive heard on RTE recently. i guess everyones a bit sensitve on the subject considering the pure SHILLING that went on during the boom. the S/INDO are actually back at it again.

by way had a brain fart during the week, that interview i was on about was on jonothon healys segment right after pat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I've always hated the way he proclaimes to be an expert on each and every topic. Bring in a guset on micro biology, osteopothy, brain surgery, moon rocks, or even the surface of Mars, and you can be sure Pat will keep interupting his expert guest (to give his analysis of the topic), usually just as the guest is about to say something fascinating, and then Pat takes over and carries on as if he himself is the expert on the topic, drives me bloody mad...

Michael Parkinson once said, the art of a true interviewer is to pose a well thought out question for the guest, and and let the him/her run with it (without interruption). Pat please take note.

I also wish Pat would stop declaring that his guests are 'In Studio'. Such a mind numblinly obvious term is just, well annoying at this stage, we know that you and the guest is in the Studio Pat, no need to keep telling us, lest we might think you're conducting the interview in the carpark, not.

Advertisement