Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I was laughing at Pat "lick arse" Rabbitte today, telling Pat that other broadcasters wouldn't be able to comprehend, but with Pat having an engineering background he would understand the fact that the pylon planning process would take a few years before anything is decided.
    Pat Kenny was probably lapping it up so much, he forgot to ask Rabbitte if it was nothing more than a cynical local and European electioneering stunt by FG and Labour to put it on the long finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Skid X wrote: »
    Article about Pat Kenny and Sean O'Rourke in today's Irish Times ahead of tomorrow's JNLR numbers

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/pat-kenny-versus-se%C3%A1n-o-rourke-from-tanks-on-the-lawn-to-laid-back-rivalry-1.1670978?page=1

And it's Pat's Birthday today. He is going well for 66, you can't fault his enthusiasm or energy.

Nothing like a costly court case and a vanished pension fund to heighten the old work ethic.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just tuned in.

Whats Vincent Browne up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lapin wrote: »
    Just tuned in.

Getting down with the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Lapin wrote: »
    Just tuned in.

Apparently he's discovered this thing called the internet and he is looking to get a few hundred euro together to start something called a website that he will use to cover the news. He thinks it might be a viable alternative to the existing news outlets like the paper and the wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

touts wrote: »
    Apparently he's discovered this thing called the internet and he is looking to get a few hundred euro together to start something called a website that he will use to cover the news. He thinks it might be a viable alternative to the existing news outlets like the paper and the wireless.

Vincent was always way ahead of the game when it comes to advances in communication.:rolleyes:. He has just discovered that Twitter messages are NOT delivered by little birds.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Vincent...... has just discovered that Twitter messages are NOT delivered by little birds.:D

Or fabricated to alter the outcome of a presidential debate on live TV.

I take it Pat didn't question him too heavily on the influence of Twitter.

"Baldness indicates a lack of health", according to yer man. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Did anyone hear the interview with the woman who was assaulted by Sylvia Roche Kelly's murderer and is it worth podcasting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

serfboard wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the interview with the woman who was assaulted by Sylvia Roche Kelly's murderer and is it worth podcasting?

Worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

kneemos wrote: »
    Worth a listen.

Definitely worth a listen. Good coverage on the wider topic on Ivan Yates earlier too.

It's still not clear to me how the penalty points controversy took centre stage instead of the mishandling a case involving assault, abduction, murder. I'm referring to interview with Mick Wallace TD.

(Shatter really has to go. Callinan should too.)

Definitely worth a listen. Good coverage on the wider topic on Ivan Yates earlier too.

It's still not clear to me how the penalty points controversy took centre stage instead of the mishandling a case involving assault, abduction, murder. I'm referring to interview with Mick Wallace TD.

(Shatter really has to go. Callinan should too.)

I agree that both Shatter and Callinan have to resign or be sacked. They both tried to destroy the reputations of the whistleblowers while all the time they knew about the case of that woman who was murdered. Neither of them are fit to hold any office.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Charlie Weston, the biggest spoofer on Irish radio. Why he's used as the 'finance expert' on Pat Kenny or Matt Cooper I've no idea.

edit: Christ, I just switched over to Sean O'Rourke and he's on there too waffling about the exact same thing, there's no escape !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Was it yesterday Seán O'Rourke had an item about people commuting from Londan and even as far as Dubai?
    Today, the "poor" judges are whinging because they might have to commute from "down the country" for a promotion ... perfectly normal inconvenience for most working people.

Are judges not supposed to be representative of society in general? Is it not important that our esteemend judges have at least a slight understanding of the lives of the "ordinary" man/woman in the street?
    How can "justice be done & be seen to be done" if those dispensing it are so far removed from the lives of the rest of the population & apparently can only do the job they are paid to do if they have some sort of dispensation from the "inconveniences" that are a fact of daily life for the rest of us!

Just listening to John McAreavy............smooth or what?

This mother should realise by now that posh murders are always treated differently to working class murders.

Sounded like Pat was a bit p!ssed off with the sound problems there.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas RTE anymore :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

You could almost hear the sound editor's head hitting the desk in frustration. Having carefully edited out the word "b1tch" from that clip Pat ruins it all their ok by laughing and pointing out that "b1tch" had been edited out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

another revenue drone on now with more property tax info ie pay us or else

she must be so proud

welcome to ireland 2014

she must be so proud

welcome to ireland 2014

If people didn't make a big deal out of such a simple process she wouldn't have to be asked on to such shows repeating herself ad nauseam.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If people didn't make a big deal out of such a simple process she wouldn't have to be asked on to such shows repeating herself ad nauseam.

Yea, people are just thick - couldn't possibly be the process now could it? :rolleyes:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Yea, people are just thick -

You said it, not me.

Take a listen back to the many many Liveline shows about it and yes, you'll find that to be the case for many.

Listen to Liveline! ... what did I ever do to you that you would inflict Joe on me?

You disagreed with me. That's just not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

she must be so proud

welcome to ireland 2014

DOB's sole contribution to the nations finances seems to only extend to providing the revenue with the opportunity to scare the bejaysis out of Irish tax residents by providing revenue ogres with free ads...

Who opened up the show this morning ? I thought it was a stand in for Kenny so switched over to SOR and now flicking through the stations I hear Kenny now, I presume it was some sort of Aprils fool ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Who opened up the show this morning ? I thought it was a stand in for Kenny

I thought so too but when I flicked back Pat was thanking Mario Rosenstock, don't know who he was 'doing' though...

Bloody Mario Rosenstock, don't like him outside of some Gift Grub sketches, he's obviously lost on me if I switched off from the very beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Pompous Frank Buttimer makes Pat Cox sound humble.. Could he not come on and speak English, it's like having a conversation with the talking dictionary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Who opened up the show this morning ? I thought it was a stand in for Kenny so switched over to SOR and now flicking through the stations I hear Kenny now, I presume it was some sort of Aprils fool ?
    I thought so too but when I flicked back Pat was thanking Mario Rosenstock, don't know who he was 'doing' though...

Maybe he was doing Kenny :D

Advertisement