Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is Pat working this week? Bit of a shock to the system then.

It would be a bigger shock if the PK program is live today.......probably something recorded 6 months ago.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It would be a bigger shock if the PK program is live today.......probably something recorded 6 months ago.:rolleyes:

Less people listen on Bank Holidays, nothing wrong with sticking on a 'Best of' show IMO.

Everyone needs time off now and then, it's better to take it when the listeners are also doing other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Skid X wrote: »
    Less people listen on Bank Holidays, nothing wrong with sticking on a 'Best of' show IMO.

Everyone needs time off now and then, it's better to take it when the listeners are also doing other things.

Have you figures to back that up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm sick of listening to the Sheridans and their Dubalin childhood. If it's not Peter, it's Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you figures to back that up?

The JNLR full books had (and I presume still do have) figures for public holidays and listening is much lower particularly in peak.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    The JNLR full books had (and I presume still do have) figures for public holidays and listening is much lower particularly in peak.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the JNLR figs might reflect the number of radios tuned in at a particular point..

Does it reflect the number of people actually listening?

Think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Correct me if I am wrong, but the JNLR figs might reflect the number of radios tuned in at a particular point..

Does it reflect the number of people actually listening?

Think not.

You're wrong.

JNLR works on a recall survey, as in actually listening, not anything at all to with number of radios.

MYOB wrote: »
    You're wrong.

JNLR works on a recall survey, as in actually listening, not anything at all to with number of radios.

Ok,did not know that

John Drennan talking about stabbing bulls with piccolos :confused: What planet is he on?
    This is what happens when you overdose on metaphors and similes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

John Drennan talking about stabbing bulls with piccolos :confused: What planet is he on?
    This is what happens when you overdose on metaphors and similes.

John really does need to detox

• Advertisement

I hope Pat doesn't give this Labour sellout an easy interview. He probably will, because he seems to like Joan Burton's Thatcherite policies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

Pat being corrected on his "25x24x23..." made my day. I nearly crashed the car for joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I hope Pat doesn't give this Labour sellout an easy interview. He probably will, because he seems to like Joan Burton's Thatcherite policies.

Seems like it lol but I suppose labour need a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

so much hot air from Burton

Calhoun wrote: »
    Seems like it lol but I suppose labour need a break.

You're right. They deserve to be broken ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

He wouldnt exactly be the most eloquent of speakers would he...

I cant take another running metaphor.. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He wouldnt exactly be the most eloquent of speakers would he...

At least he knows what makes people thick.

Most polititians just take it for granted that we're all thick and with good reason.

We keep voting the same ones back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

I didn't think he was so bad......

...better than this snore-fest who's on now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

6a00e55220b22088340163021f7e91970d-800wi

• Advertisement

This is a fella who wanted to charge people for posting on social media sites, and also wanted to make users submit their passport numbers:
    From the Irish Examiner

Senator Eamon Coghlan has proposed that people should have to submit their passport numbers when posting on social media websites.

Senator Coghlan told the committee that asking people for their passport numbers or getting them to “pay to post” could help tackle the issue of anonymity and cyber-bullying.

http://balls.ie/athletics/eamon-coghlan-believes-we-should-have-submit-passport-numbers-before-posting-on-social-media-sites/.U2oBQ3y9KSM

The North Koreans would be very proud of him.

forrest_gump.gif

"When we were young, if there was a vacant lot, we would go in and explore"..

Was Pat one of the Famous Five?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

"When we were young, if there was a vacant lot, we would go in and explore"..

and if there was no one there we would build a fence and erect a locked gate.

Why does Terry Prone speak to people like they are retarded...

All the PR heads guffawing about Alan Shatter's book... Surprised Pat Kenny would get involved in this sort of bullying... Shatter is a good man, arrogant certainly, but he is accepted by most critics as having done good work for the State.. He doesnt deserve to be ridiculed in this way..

If they want a laugh, why dont they ask Terry Prone about her management of Gay Mitchell's Presidential Campaign.. He was at 14% when she took over and when she was finished he polled on 7%.. Why dont they all have a laugh about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Perhaps she thinks she's at home talking to the men in her life and not on national radio?

Well she spends every working day working with the politicians the Irish people have elected to run the country. I'm not surprised she thinks we're retards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I think it may be the supercilious gene :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

vintner crying about how he cant compete with tescos after they ****ed up their entire industry being greedy.

some laugh to hear him being so conscerened about price when they charge a fiver for a pint of coke !

• Advertisement

vintner crying about how he cant compete with tescos after they ****ed up their entire industry being greedy.

some laugh to hear him being so conscerened about price when they charge a fiver for a pint of coke !

The world changed around them and they are complaining everyone is now out of step with them.

Advertisement