Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

vintner crying about how he cant compete with tescos after they ****ed up their entire industry being greedy.

some laugh to hear him being so conscerened about price when they charge a fiver for a pint of coke !

There's nothing like listening to Vitners complaining. I've been to VFI and LVA meetings and it's like listening to Bono complaining about the increasing price of foie gras in Cavistons whilst people die in hospital wards on trolleys.

Let Them Eat Cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

What happened? Missed it (had kettle on).....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm sick and tired of this continuous media fawning over the Allen family. There seems to be a complete collective media amnesia over what Tim Allen did, and the fact that his family stood 100% behind him.

I wonder if he'll make an appearance today, or will be be locked away in the attic for the morning, with his name ne'er to be mentioned?

I'm sick and tired of this continuous media fawning over the Allen family. There seems to be a complete collective media amnesia over what Tim Allen did, and the fact that his family stood 100% behind him.

I wonder if he'll make an appearance today, or will be be locked away in the attic for the morning, with his name ne'er to be mentioned?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I thought I was the only person who was bothered by this. I've just tweeted pretty much the same comment to the show, and turned back to SOR.

Why is there this collective amnesia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lteegan wrote: »
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I thought I was the only person who was bothered by this. I've just tweeted pretty much the same comment to the show, and turned back to SOR.

Why is there this collective amnesia?

As when he has had Bertie ahern on he's show. Never mentioned him bankrupting the country or the bags of cash he was collecting!

• Advertisement

Why? Because they make FABulous cakes, don't you know?

See my previous comment on this page for context. ;)

As when he has had Bertie ahern on he's show. Never mentioned him bankrupting the country or the bags of cash he was collecting!

True, but there has been widespread criticism for Bertie over the past few years. The Allen's have had their past Stalin style white-washed from history.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Is that Tim we're hearing in the background now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They're paying for the privilege of having the show in the hotel presumably,why would they be critical?

I'm not listening but I'd be shocked if there's not a Ballymaloe-related prize on Newstalk in the next few weeks, if not today. That's normally the quid pro quo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Didnt hear the Allen interview but was it any worse than the Darina and Rachael interview on the saturday night show a while back? It was a complete love in for the Allen family. They even mentioned the Allen men and Rachael's husband by name but nothing of poor Tim.

I think when darina disappeared from public view for a few years, that was seen as her having paid for her husbands crimes. Its horrible how easy he got off at the time and horrible how Ballymaloe just switched Darina for Rachael and carried on like nothing happened, added by Rte.

On a side note, I wonder if the recent Google ruling on privacy might be used in future to remove references for people like Tim allen as it happened a long time ago in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,433 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm not listening but I'd be shocked if there's not a Ballymaloe-related prize on Newstalk in the next few weeks, if not today. That's normally the quid pro quo.

Well, that is how selling an OB to someone works usually. Cash and/or prizes (and being preferred).

Companies pay four figure sums over expenses for on-site broadcasts; or get it as part of a contra deal for prizes or other things of value to a station. Newstalk is a commercial enterprise remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I think when darina disappeared from public view for a few years, that was seen as her having paid for her husbands crimes. Its horrible how easy he got off at the time and horrible how Ballymaloe just switched Darina for Rachael and carried on like nothing happened, added by Rte.

There's something about that that doesnt sit too well with me either... I'm not even sure what should have happened as it is would be hugely unfair to punish Darina and her (albeit obnoxious) daughter-in-law for the what her Tim Allen did... But it seems like they have just shoved him Tim out the back washing the pots, making sure never to mention Tim's name or even acknowledge his existence during any media appearance, and putting a sign saying "business as usual" on the front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

There's something about that that doesnt sit too well with me either... I'm not even sure what should have happened as it is would be hugely unfair to punish Darina and her (albeit obnoxious) daughter-in-law for the what her Tim Allen did... But it seems like they have just shoved him Tim out the back washing the pots, making sure never to mention Tim's name or even acknowledge his existence during any media appearance, and putting a sign saying "business as usual" on the front door.

I know you are right about Darina and I really used to like her, especially when you compare her to Rachael, much more straight forward. I just dont like the way the media decides that a topic will never be mentioned again. Its kinda similar to political dynasties when a Flynn, Lenihan or Andrews 2.0 gets elected on family name but never discusses any of the bad aspects of their family and interviewer rarely questions.

I do remember after the events that Darina gave out about media privacy which was a bit rich considering how they often they use the family angle to sell their wares. I think I am biased against them due to Rachael Allen and that insufferable accent

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Its kinda similar to political dynasties when a Flynn, Lenihan or Andrews 2.0 gets elected on family name but never discusses any of the bad aspects of their family and interviewer rarely questions.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the day when Tubridy interviews Chris Andrews about bullying that woman with the fake twitter account.. You think that, as a man who was bullied on the Twitter machine himself, he would be interested in broadcasting the story..

I can imagine how that would play out.. "If you bullied me on the Twitter machine, I would go around to your house and break both your legs"..:pac:

Any time I hear John Drennon, the phrase "smart ar$e" always enters my mind... He contributes nothing more than poor jokes..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Any time I hear John Drennon, the phrase "smart ar$e" always enters my mind... He contributes nothing more than poor jokes..

... and infantile puns :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Most of the presenters are hard to listen to. I just tune in for the subjects discussed, just a shame you have to put up with them as well.

Lame duck Gilmore still can't see what's staring him in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Lame duck Gilmore still can't see what's staring him in the face.

I feel a bit nostalgic. Last Pat Kenny interview before Labour get hammered on Friday and Gilmore shuffles off this political coil and disappears into the back benches. End of an era.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    I feel a bit nostalgic. Last Pat Kenny interview before Labour get hammered on Friday and Gilmore shuffles off this political coil and disappears into the back benches. End of an era.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oul Lonnergan on again talking about the poor prisoners and why €70,000 was spent on playstations for them to keep their minds active and for their mental well being.

Read a fu(king book then.

Just can't listen to John Lonergan. He turned Mountjoy into a holiday camp and is a hero of the D4 bleeding heart set. Meanwhile the criminals are laughing at him and the rest of the country are living in fear in their houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

heard pat for a a few minutes at the start yesterday. did he get around to the publicity whores that are kanye and yer 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One direction, to Sean O'Rourke

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just can't listen to John Lonergan. He turned Mountjoy into a holiday camp and is a hero of the D4 bleeding heart set. Meanwhile the criminals are laughing at him and the rest of the country are living in fear in their houses.
    Just for your own education, I'd recommend a trip to Mountjoy to see whether you still regard it as a holiday destination.

The conditions have been widely reported upon but it is difficult to describe what it is like there. As prisons go, it is one of the worst I've seen.

Just for your own education, I'd recommend a trip to Mountjoy to see whether you still regard it as a holiday destination.

The conditions have been widely reported upon but it is difficult to describe what it is like there. As prisons go, it is one of the worst I've seen.

Well as I said he is a hero of the D4 bleeding heart brigade and you've just proved my point. I've no doubt most honest law abiding citizens would fear going to prison. But for most of the criminal class it's a great old break away from the hustle and bustle of life on the street.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Well as I said he is a hero of the D4 bleeding heart brigade and you've just proved my point. I've no doubt most honest law abiding citizens would fear going to prison. But for most of the criminal class it's a great old break away from the hustle and bustle of life on the street.

Lol.

What makes you think I'm a D4 bleeding heart? And what do you know about most of the criminal class? Not much from the looks of things.

Mountjoy is the worst prison I've seen and I've seen quite a few. Most criminals I know would opt (if they had a choice) for almost any of the other prisons in the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Lol.

What makes you think I'm a D4 bleeding heart? And what do you know about most of the criminal class? Not much from the looks of things.

Mountjoy is the worst prison I've seen and I've seen quite a few. Most criminals I know would opt (if they had a choice) for almost any of the other prisons in the State.

Amazing how many can't seem to wait to get back there then - if it was so bad you'd think they'd make every effort not to end up back there. Put the money into trying to make life a little better for the unfortunate victims of these scumbags I say & Lonergan should go get a more deserving cause to bleat about:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lol.

Most criminals I know would opt (if they had a choice) for almost any of the other prisons in the State.

And most people would choose a four star hotel, over a three star hotel. Stating the bleeding obvious there.

How many criminals do you know anyway lol. I mean in a personal capacity, because if you are a social worker then you'll be told what you want to hear by gougers and cute hoors.

Honest Judge, i'll mend me ways !

Advertisement