Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,446 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Masters of not answering a question...Fr whatshisname.

Worst interview ever chopped off at the legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Who would've thought that a person's choice of lager brand could determine if he was a republican or a loyalist? :D

The North truly is a fcuked up place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

John Drennon is studio.... Apparently he brings his own drummer now to signify each joke..

John Drennon is studio.... Apparently he brings his own drummer now to signify each joke..

I'd like to see him ride a bike through the streets of a major city instead of him sitting on his fat arse in a car. The simile smartass might change his tune a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

That was satisfying to hear McWilliams calling out Drennan et al. as neanderthals in their anti-cycling guff. It's a useful guide on whose opinions to disregard in general when they talk about cyclists paying road tax & 'terrifying' pedestrians, such an unprogressive Daily Mail type stance, a la Jonathan Healy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

**Some people in Ireland have a drinking problem shocker**
    Groundbreaking stuff from PK on his return.

Nobody takes them seriously when these people come on TV and radio telling us that having 3 pints of beer is "binge drinking". Get up the fcuken yard.

Nobody takes them seriously when these people come on TV and radio telling us that having 3 pints of beer is "binge drinking". Get up the fcuken yard.

Wasn't really listening but I think the point they were making was that in other countries three pints would be considered a lot,whereas here it's just a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

kneemos wrote: »
    Wasn't really listening but I think the point they were making was that in other countries three pints would be considered a lot,whereas here it's just a starter.

Wimps ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭GSF

Callan57 wrote: »

And yet Irish people get outraged when they are portrayed as heavy drinkers by people from other countries. Cant have it all ways now.

Pat knows a couple who book into a hotel room for two weeks and watch nothing but Wimbledon. How decadently middle class.

Callan57 wrote: »
    GSF wrote: »
    And yet Irish people get outraged when they are portrayed as heavy drinkers by people from other countries. Cant have it all ways now.

I think you might need to switch on your sarcasm detector ;)

Ah here's Healy now with his continued crusade against "cheap" alcohol from off-licences. If I didnt know better, I could swear the puritanical prig owns a few pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Heard this topic being discussed on another show and apparently 3 or more pints of lager 3 times a month is binge drinking!!

Heard this topic being discussed on another show and apparently 3 or more pints of lager 3 times a month is binge drinking!!

You can drink the same amount over the same period and spread it out and it's fine.It's the rapid intake that's unhealthy apparently,"the experts"have calculated that more than six units or three pints is the point where it is damaging and a binge.

Agreed, I heard that twaddle being spouted on PK and Matt Cooper yesterday. The research made no reference to a unit of time other than a non-specific unit of "session". Three pints in an hour could be viewed as a binge, three pints over 3-4 hours most certainly isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Islamists shouting about their human rights lol...

Pat doesn't like the idea of a wealth tax. I wonder why?

This segment is tough listening. That poor woman must be heartbroken, even 15 years after her son's murder. I can't imagine what it must be like to hold your son as he bleeds out. Truly the stuff of a parent's nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pat lost he's pension on property investments in the last Fianna fail bubble. I think hes was getting advice from sean dunne.Dont think it'll worry him too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very heavy stuff:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Perhaps he doesn't like competition for ownership of his neighbors' land. I suspect his neighborhood nickname is "The Wealth Tax".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Pat lost he's pension on property investments in the last Fianna fail bubble. I think hes was getting advice from sean dunne.Dont think it'll worry him too much!

you know pats financial affairs are an unending source of amazement to me.

what the hell was he thinking?

the bloke was earning a million quid a year at RTE for at least a decade or so and did very well before that too back in the "today tonight " days.

maybe hes re enacting scenes from "spartacus" on a nightly basis out in dalkey but he doesnt seem to have that austentacous a lifestyle so i really cant see the need for those investments.

if the bloke just saved the way the financial advisors normally suggest (a third of your income when ya can) then after all this time he'd be sitting on a couple of million quid now in a bog standard bank accournt that he could happily draw down as his own pension and live like a lord.

i mean jesus if any of us had a million quid in the bank we could pay ourselves 26 grand a year , every year, for the next 38 years !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny and his indulgence of buskers is just too much! :p

Outside broadcasts are just plain boooring. Is it just me or has Healy's voice changed in the last few weeks? Must be hay fever season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

you know pats financial affairs are an unending source of amazement to me.

what the hell was he thinking?

the bloke was earning a million quid a year at RTE for at least a decade or so and did very well before that too back in the "today tonight " days.

maybe hes re enacting scenes from "spartacus" on a nightly basis out in dalkey but he doesnt seem to have that austentacous a lifestyle so i really cant see the need for those investments.

if the bloke just saved the way the financial advisors normally suggest (a third of your income when ya can) then after all this time he'd be sitting on a couple of million quid now in a bog standard bank accournt that he could happily draw down as his own pension and live like a lord.

i mean jesus if any of us had a million quid in the bank we could pay ourselves 26 grand a year , every year, for the next 38 years !

I think it would be fair to say that Pat was definitely one of those who 'lost the run of
    themselves' during the heady days of the Celtic Tiger. The new 'humbled' Pat comes
    across as a much nicer person! :)

Another grief-stricken parent on the air, I hope this isn't a trend and that PK isn't going down the Duffy route of putting someone on the air who shouldn't be.

And on a different matter - what's he like with his "poyims"? Poh-em, thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I find it remarkable that Joe O' Reilly is already being considered for release.

Our justice system is bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I find it remarkable that Joe O' Reilly is already being considered for release.

Our justice system is bizarre.

Downright perverse

Advertisement