Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Class size issue and the go to person to interview is the head of a teachers union with an obvious agenda for hiring more teachers....all rather predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I seem to remember being in classes of 30+ back in the 70's and early 80's and it "never done me no 'arm".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yakuza wrote: »
    I seem to remember being in classes of 30+ back in the 70's and early 80's and it "never done me no 'arm".

Same here. We were better off too. I feel sorry for kids these days, with only 14 or 15 pupils in a classroom. It means they can't zone out and have a doss or a snooze during class. Much easier to slip under the radar with 30+ pupils ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Pat "But what about study X/Y or Z which demonstrate class size has no relevance to education outcome?"

Union Leader "Fuzzy warm sentimental smush and bluster, if you love children more teachers are a good thing otherwise you're a monster who hates children!"

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I like the segment with this guy Luke O'Neill.
    He's very informative about science an stuff.
    But, why oh why does he have to laugh at EVERYTHING?????
    Even on the most serious science topic, he manages to talk like he was a stand up comic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mediajunkie

Loving his show! He's sounding greAt

Healy standing in for Pat Kenny for the next five days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cripes! Off to SO'R.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Healy standing in for Pat Kenny for the next five days :(

Five days of him being antagonistic to every guest and self-righteous at the same time. Fun!

vidor wrote: »
    Five days of him being antagonistic to every guest and self-righteous at the same time. Fun!

He's like a pig in sh!t this week. He probably thinks he deserves the gig on a full time basis.

• Advertisement

Jesus, this Coughlan woman is so naïve.
    Her son books a holiday to Magaluf when he was 16 and she didn't even know.
    Then she has to go and rescue him from the heathen throngs.
    Do your research first Mary, before you let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jesus, this Coughlan woman is so naïve.
    Her son books a holiday to Magaluf when he was 16 and she didn't even know.
    Then she has to go and rescue him from the heathen throngs.
    Do your research first Mary, before you let him go.

Wonder was the son one of the 24 lads who got a BJ last week? :eek:

Wonder was the son one of the 24 lads who got a BJ last week? :eek:
    Probably wouldn't be ringin his Ma then.....

Probably wouldn't be ringin his Ma then.....

Maybe he's so sheltered he would!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

maybe he was No 25 !

:D

TBH though it sounded more like there was a rough set in there with him, i mean having all your gosh stolen and your passport destroyed.

thats not the "Sex/drugs/rock n roll" story i was expecting from this item when it was mooted.

If Pat is listening to this, he must be having a fit. A contemporary music sound without a banjo in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

If Pat is listening to this, he must be having a fit. A contemporary music sound without a banjo in sight.

Wow! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

maybe he was No 25 !

:D

TBH though it sounded more like there was a rough set in there with him, i mean having all your gosh stolen and your passport destroyed.

thats not the "Sex/drugs/rock n roll" story i was expecting from this item when it was mooted.

That was more like it, I imagine. If he had not lost his money and had not his passport
    ripped up I doubt if he would have rung his mammy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heard John Keogh? filling in for Pat Kenny. He was interviewing a lady with Aspergers Syndrome. I thought he was excellent. Has he his own show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Her son books a holiday to Magaluf when he was 16 and she didn't even know. Then she has to go and rescue him from the heathen throngs thongs.
    FYP :)

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Heard John Keogh? filling in for Pat Kenny. He was interviewing a lady with Aspergers Syndrome. I thought he was excellent. Has he his own show?

He only ever seems to be filling in for people. He's a lot more balanced and intelligent than Jonathan Healy - the walking talking equivalent of the Irish Daily Mail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Something tells me Bill O'Herlihy's 'retirement' is going to resemble that of Gay Byrne's.

He says he'd like to do a series of one off interviews.
    He's chairman of a state board.
    And PK has just invited Bill to step in for him in his absence.

I reckon we'll be seeing and hearing more of Bill in the comings months.

He's not the worst, but there are surely younger upcoming journalists and broadcasters out there who need the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

OT but I'd love to see a clean sweep of the Soccer Panel (Giles is 73, Dunphy is 68 and Brady is 58), surely there is some younger soccer punditry talent that could do as well? I'm sick of the sight of the lot of them, most of whom have been there since I started watching soccer on RTÉ almost 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Yakuza wrote: »
    OT but I'd love to see a clean sweep of the Soccer Panel (Giles is 73, Dunphy is 68 and Brady is 58), surely there is some younger soccer punditry talent that could do as well? I'm sick of the sight of the lot of them, most of whom have been there since I started watching soccer on RTÉ almost 30 years ago.

I agree with that assertion at this particular moment in time..

Lapin wrote: »
    Something tells me Bill O'Herlihy's 'retirement' is going to resemble that of Gay Byrne's.

He says he'd like to do a series of one off interviews.
    He's chairman of a state board.
    And PK has just invited Bill to step in for him in his absence.

I reckon we'll be seeing and hearing more of Bill in the comings months.

He's not the worst, but there are surely younger upcoming journalists and broadcasters out there who need the work.

I bet Jimmy Magee is spitting chips. He probably thought there'd be more opportunities for young bucks like himself now that Bill has retired ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭GSF

honeybear wrote: »

Isn't he the head of news for Newstalk which presumably is a full time job in itself

Pat running rings around Jimmy Denehan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pat running rings around Jimmy Denehan now.

Pat is being a gob****e about it though, he's using this as an argument to allow the Garth Brooks concerts to go ahead.

Yeah, we have the conservation of our peat bogs on the one hand, and a ****ing fat country and western singer on the other. And Pat is comparing the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

I think pat was looking forward to the garth brooks concert himself, seems very upset by the cancellation lol

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Pat is being a gob****e about it though, he's using this as an argument to allow the Garth Brooks concerts to go ahead.

Yeah, we have the conservation of our peat bogs on the one hand, and a ****ing fat country and western singer on the other. And Pat is comparing the two.

Yeah, but Denehan should have nipped it in the bud immediately instead of engaging. It's his own fault.

Advertisement