Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He tried, he said it they were stopped because of planning. Pat said it was a glitch, and went on about turf cutters ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    I think pat was looking forward to the garth brooks concert himself, seems very upset by the cancellation lol

It wouldn't surprise me if Pat had tickets for all five nights. He was Garret Brukes's biggest cheerleader back in the day. He loves all that hillbilly country shyte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its a pity Pat didn't take that attitude when he had that crook Bertie ahern on he's show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It wouldn't surprise me if Pat was given tickets for all five nights. He was Garret Brukes's biggest cheerleader back in the day. He loves all that hillbilly country shyte.

FYP. Aiken looks after his buddies. Anyone in the meeja rarely if ever pays for any gigs. Any media outlet in Ireland (tv, radio, press - even ad agencies) are swarming with tickets for pretty much every ticketable event.

FYP. Aiken looks after his buddies. Anyone in the meeja rarely if ever pays for any gigs. Any media outlet in Ireland (tv, radio, press - even ad agencies) are swarming with tickets for pretty much every ticketable event.

No doubt about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Pat is being a gob****e about it though, he's using this as an argument to allow the Garth Brooks concerts to go ahead.

Yeah, we have the conservation of our peat bogs on the one hand, and a ****ing fat country and western singer on the other. And Pat is comparing the two.

I'm disgusted at Kenny's attitude re the cancelled concerts. The promoters and the GAA tried to pull a fast one by adding additional nights thinking that DCC wouldn't dare refuse a licence, ( too big to fail). This is exactly what the big developers were doing during the 'Celtic Tiger'. DCC made the right decision IMO, even if it was only to teach these guys a lesson.
    Pats efforts to pin the blame on Deenahan were pathetic. It's sad to see a respected broadcaster decending to this kind of tabloid rubbish.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pat still upset and animated about who presumably must be his favourite singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

He was so aggressive I was beginning to wonder if he was on anything!
    Still using some of the Celtic Tiger thought processes, I fear. :(

For a very intelligent man, Pat's musical taste is appalling.

For a very intelligent man, Pat's musical taste is appalling.

Well I just heard the promo for the outside broadcast - Bagatelle are providing the musical interludes for the show. Bagatelle….who haven't had a song in 20 years. It won't take a scheduling genius to figure out they'll end the show with "Summer in Dublin".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He was so aggressive I was beginning to wonder if he was on anything!
    Still using some of the Celtic Tiger thought processes, I fear. :(

Having listened to his interview of and subsequent comments re Frank Flannery,
    I am now totally convinced that PK is definitely a sad remnant of the Celtic Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This lad doesnt like Pat's line of questioning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kenny is having a bad day, not one but two needless statements of the absolutely bleedin' obvious in quick succession in two different interviews

Pat McQuaid talking UTTER SHOYTE now. "Lance Armstrong was the victim of a witch hunt."

Ah FOOK OFF Pat.

Pat McQuaid claiming responsibility for cleaning up cycling. Fairly rose-tinted view there Pat, the sport suffered immeasurably and likely irrecoverably under your stewardship. True cycling people have no respect for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Is Pat gonna get ANY guests on a decent phone line today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭serfboard

Pat McQuaid claiming responsibility for cleaning up cycling. Fairly rose-tinted view there Pat, the sport suffered immeasurably and likely irrecoverably under your stewardship. True cycling people have no respect for you.
    When PK was previewing his show on the breakfast programme, he was saying: "Lance Armstrong should be rehabilitated ... so says Pat McQuaid" (or WTTE) and I was thinking WTF?

Cycling is rotten and has been for far longer than is widely believed IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Oh Pat. Look what they have you doing. You're better than this. Hang up on Louis Walsh...you know you want to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oh Pat. Look what they have you doing. You're better than this. Hang up on Louis Walsh...you know you want to.

If he has no problem with Denis o Brien paying he's wages, talking to Louis is not going to be a problem is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Pat was always a fan of the likes of Louis Walsh. I'm waiting for the day that he speaks to Max Clifford on the phone from prison.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This lad doesnt like Pat's line of questioning..

Robert Fox - Defence Correspondent of the London Evening Standard ?

Only catching this now on the late night repeat and I actually don't blame him.

Pat has adapted a tabloid style approach for the interview and it doesn't suit him.

The use of words like 'vapourised' and 'incinerated' to describe the fate of some of the victims was needlessly crass and unnecessarily sensationalist.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh god I had to turn off the dial during the current interview, it was the mother of the little boy Jake knocked down in Kilkenny. Awful listening, its too soon for that lady to be on the airways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

absolutely heartbreaking.

RIP that poor child.

I turned off not because its upsetting but because I refuse to be manipulated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I turned off not because its upsetting but because I refuse to be manipulated.
    manipulated how ?

Well why was she on? A mother who's child is killed by a car outside the family home is shocking but, why should it mean I have to listen and nod sagely as its used as the launch pad for slowing cars down? She should be going through a grieving process rather than being on radio making demands.

Children occasionally get hit by a car, demanding the roads are full of humps promotes false safety - 5 or 10 miles an hour is more than enough to kill a small child.

Better driving standards on one hand and looking out for your children on the other keeps them safer.

(Did the driver get a mention? Was he arrested, or what?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Heard that yesterday while stuck in the car and couldn't agree with you more. Shocking crap.

Was driving this morning so couldn't post at the time. Pat was interviewing a blind solicitor (barrister possibly) and was doing his best "Awkward Moments with Pat Kenny" from The Savage Eye impression. He was dancing around saying things like "justice is blind too" and generally being a buffoon. It was embarrassing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Yeah that was awful. He's been all over the shop since he came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Lteegan

His guests have become more random. This fish woman is getting a lot of time

Advertisement