Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

My god the lack of empathy regarding these people on this thread is sickening... They are in their sixties for god sake, bit late for getting a job to save for a deposit to buy their own place.

Mrs Coyne is only 61, she was in her mid 50's when they were first told to get out of that house, in 2009, so yeah, why not get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

My god the lack of empathy regarding these people on this thread is sickening... They are in their sixties for god sake, bit late for getting a job to save for a deposit to buy their own place.

Somewhat unfair - they were aware of the rental conditions in Ireland when they rented the property (I don't agree with our rental terms but that's a differnt issue) and it's not as if the request to vacate was dropped on them this morning. Trying it on IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Pat's using the same logic regarding Kerins and Flannery that he used to use to defend his humongous RTE salary. It's a hang-up of his.

He's wary of the dire prospect of ending up being left making Pat Niemöller's Lament. "First they came for the property developers, and I said nothing; then they came for the "charity" gougers and their Contractual Entitlements, and again, I said nothing; when they came for me..."

Of course, all the while giving out yards about the "protected" public sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wish they'd just get on with it and build that children's hospital somewhere, anywhere. Today's kids will be drawing their old age pensions by the time it gets built. I doubt they had the same sort of trouble when they were developing Great Ormond Street in London :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

The issue with almost any large piece of infrastructure, such as the children hospital is that experience has demonstrated our public service is generally either inept, incompetent or plain corrupt when it comes to these projects.

The amount of obfuscation and lack of clarity surrounding this project screams of 'business as usual'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

One good thing about the Dubs being beaten, it means Pat won't have he's yearly love in with Bertie bags of cash ahern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Pat is very gung ho about the lives of irish soliders from the safety of his radio studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I agree, I thought he was very cavalier with their safety, and seemed to be a bit holier-than-thou. Grab a Steyr, Pat, put on some fatigues and head on over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Potential legal problems here for these contributors!

Edit: Pat cut that off fairly quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

'Liddle!!' :(

They call themselves 'Leedle!!'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is this Del Boy's Cork cousin on here?

Buying tomatos from Lidl and selling them through the English Market to local restaurants.

A complete piss take but brilliant all the same.

That English Market is up it's own backside anyway, but in fairness if I was buying something there I'd expect it come from local sources other than Lidl.

Aldi are nearer and their tomatos are nicer !

Here we go again - lol! Pat cutting the interview off for legal reasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

lol.. he's taking brown envelopes..

Pat O'Connor (if that was his name) will be visiting his solicitor in about 5 minutes after that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

brooke 2 wrote: »
    'Liddle!!' :(

They call themselves 'Leedle!!'

Pat - says "OLdi" instead of Aldi :pac:

That was truly bizarre, more in line with the crazy heights of Lahv Lahn lunacy than Pat Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Interesting allegations about "fish being dragged along the floor" of the English Market, and "brown envelopes".

Don't think Queen Elizabeth would be too impressed with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Feck. I missed that segment about the English Marketeers and I doubt the podcast will have it in full now :(

Is that the chap with the moustache from the Dolmio ad?

Feck. I missed that segment about the English Marketeers and I doubt the podcast will have it in full now :(

What I garnered from the discussion ... Cork people, they're a bad lot..

• Advertisement

lol... Pat's statement to reassure everybody that there is nothing fishy about his business..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pat O'Connor (if that was his name) will be visiting his solicitor in about 5 minutes after that interview.

Didn't hear the interview but if it's the fish guy I think it's o Connell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Listening to it right now

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/13240/12524/03rd_September_2014_-_The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Part_2

Must admit I haven't a clue what prompted the whole thing.... it's all slightly bizarre..... reminds me of when Joe Duffy starts at the end of a story and doesn't bother telling you what the start of it is.....

Joziburg wrote: »
    Pat - says "OLdi" instead of Aldi :pac:

That too!

lol... Pat's statement to reassure everybody that there is nothing fishy about his business..

A distinct note of panic in Pat's voice there!! :)

Robert2012 wrote: »
    Interesting allegations about "fish being dragged along the floor" of the English Market, and "brown envelopes".

Don't think Queen Elizabeth would be too impressed with that!

No wonder Pat was trying to shut him up!! I wonder if the fishmonger's solicitors
    have been on to Newstalk yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Grangegorman is actually open? Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Lead article a child being savaged by a dog...Pat's moving into Joe Duffy territory....off to SOR with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

And followed by the saucy misadventures of the French President...shocking lowbrow stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

That journalist is such a hypocrite - ragging on RT News and then saying propoganda is unseen in western media. Someone should introduce him to Fox and Sky news lol

Advertisement