Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Enda's handlers must have taken the day off today :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Enda's handlers must have taken the day off today :eek:

He is sticking the knife into Leo. The country has been in the **** for the last 3 years under his leadership and he has been hiding under a rock somewhere but at the first sign of a leadership challenge he finally comes out swinging. Shows where his priorities are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

touts wrote: »
    He is sticking the knife into Leo. The country has been in the **** for the last 3 years under his leadership and he has been hiding under a rock somewhere but at the first sign of a leadership challenge he finally comes out swinging. Shows where his priorities are.

Leo must of spooked his handlers badly. Panic stations and someone ****ed up and let him in front of a mic....

Leo must of spooked his handlers badly. Panic stations and someone ****ed up and let him in front of a mic....

There must be all sorts of stuff going on in the background if Leo and Enda are slugging it out on the airwaves. It'll be a tense atmosphere at the think in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

It was a real coup to get Enda's first sit-down interview, but it was very, very soft questioning from Pat. The price that had to be paid to get him I suppose. It will interesting to see if Kenny turns up on Today with Sean O'Rourke later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Have to agree - very very soft interview for Enda from Pat.

Enda only managed one 'only yesterday I was visiting a sangwidge shop in Ballymahone and the lady there said to me' type parable which was a relief....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

blindingly obvious that the only reason he went on was because pat would be on a leash.

but yeah very telling with the leo thing. no surprise he'll come on when his job could be on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

A Superhuman Sniper? Where *do* you get these amazing plots from Lee.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I hope this was paid for by Dubai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Aargh the banjos are back!:eek: Well it is the ploughing championships show, I suppose I should be grateful they're not duelling....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"i hope that I die soon so that I can have my funeral mass here".. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

A chubby guy with a Dublin accent... I KNOW HIM!! In fact, I know five of him..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

"i hope that I die soon so that I can have my funeral mass here".. :pac:

Thought I was listening to Joe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Bell End 1

Music that sends you straight to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bell End 1

Music that sends you straight to sleep.

Or as I once heard them referred to…….Bell Eleven. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Eejit with 13 kids complains that he'll have to pay lots for water. Wasn't he on the radio before all proud and cheerful about the amount of kids he has ?

FFS, what did you expect when you had so many kids, to be given a by because of your lifestyle choice ?

This is a segment for Joe Duffy, not Pat Kenny.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Eejit with 13 kids complains that he'll have to pay lots for water. Wasn't he on the radio before all proud and cheerful about the amount of kids he has ?

FFS, what did you expect when you had so many kids, to be given a by because of your lifestyle choice ?

This is a segment for Joe Duffy, not Pat Kenny.

He had no problem popping out the kids when the taxpayer were paying him child benefit for each one. Now that they are going to cause him to pay a little extra tax he thinks it is unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I was wondering when Pat would get to his annual "Interview with a Gobsh*te"

touts wrote: »
    He had no problem popping out the kids when the taxpayer were paying him child benefit for each one. Now that they are going to cause him to pay a little extra tax he thinks it is unfair.

Around €20,000 annually in child benefit someone calculated. 4,000 from that will pay his water.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

He said they had started buying bottled water! That's a great way to beat the water rates...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

17larsson wrote: »
    He said they had started buying bottled water! That's a great way to beat the water rates...

I've heard lots of people saying similar. Media whipped up a frenzy about how "expensive" water is here, using comparisons to other countries and people are assuming they mean expensive compared to shops :rolleyes:

Cheapest bottled water in Lidl is about 39c/2L as far as I remember, it might actually be more.

Water meter water is 0.48c/2L, and another 0.48c/2L assumed to dispose of it if you're on mains sewerage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

MYOB wrote: »
    I've heard lots of people saying similar. Media whipped up a frenzy about how "expensive" water is here, using comparisons to other countries and people are assuming they mean expensive compared to shops :rolleyes:

Cheapest bottled water in Lidl is about 39c/2L as far as I remember, it might actually be more.

Water meter water is 0.48c/2L, and another 0.48c/2L assumed to dispose of it if you're on mains sewerage.

To be fair to Pat he was all over him on this point, he was a bit taken back when he said it. Your man tried to fob it off complaining about the quality of the water but he did make himself look very stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Calhoun wrote: »
    To be fair to Pat he was all over him on this point, he was a bit taken back when he said it. Your man tried to fob it off complaining about the quality of the water but he did make himself look very stupid.

He didn't have to work too hard to do that...😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Calhoun wrote: »
    but he did make himself look very stupid.

Like he hadn't already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I know I know still was funny, Pat didn't come out and attack him directly he just let him hang himself.

Poor old 13 kids impacted by the government and not because their parents were like rabbits.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God listening to Kathleen Chada on the loss of her two boys, very strong woman, I wish her well. Pat is handling the interview very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

pc7 wrote: »
    God listening to Kathleen Chada on the loss of her two boys, very strong woman, I wish her well. Pat is handling the interview very well.

Yes, she's seriously impressive.

pc7 wrote: »
    Pat is handling the interview very well.

It was good. I'd be horrified if Joe Duffy every interviewed her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It was good. I'd be horrified if Joe Duffy every interviewed her though.

And how did that make you feel, Kathleen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

switching to RTE ....

Advertisement