Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

UGH! :mad: Another outrageous freebie for the Aherne family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Sean O'Rourke talking to Dublin by-election candidates if anyone wants to join me over there --->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

"Welcome Cecilia Ahe...." Click

Why can't they leave that kind of crap to RTE???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Meathlass wrote: »
    Sean O'Rourke talking to Dublin by-election candidates if anyone wants to join me over there --->

Not that desperate - click!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Meathlass wrote: »

I'm not that interested in who the next member of the looney left in the Dail is going to be.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Interesting chat about the sociopathic pharmacological industry.

Pat doing his best to defend it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Really enjoying the Roy Keane interview (and the Roddy Doyle one was good too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Yakuza wrote: »
    Really enjoying the Roy Keane interview (and the Roddy Doyle one was good too).

Yeah, I heard Dunphy waffling on with Sean O'Rourke and promptly switched over.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Kenny's interview with Keane was much better than O'Rourkes.

Then he follows it with some completely inane self promotion story about a model who nobody has probably ever heard of.... that's Newstalk I guess.

• Advertisement

Kenny's interview with Keane was much better than O'Rourkes.

I don't understand the fascination with Keane. Apart from his football ability, his only talent appears to be getting into rows with everyone around him. If he wasn't a footballer, he would be just another disagreeable individual that most people would avoid.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I don't understand the fascination with Keane. Apart from his football ability, his only talent appears to be getting into rows with everyone around him. If he wasn't a footballer, he would be just another disagreeable individual that most people would avoid.

Charisma and the fact that he is prepared to say it as he sees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

BarryD wrote: »
    Charisma and the fact that he is prepared to say it as he sees it.

Wish he'd get rid of the beard though, it's not doing anything for him & he's hunky without it.

Someone tweeted (and deleted it later) (I think it might have been Alf-Inge Håland) a picture of Sadaam when he was found by the US, likening it to Keane. To be honest, he wasn't wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

Someone tweeted (and deleted it later) (I think it might have been Alf-Inge Håland) a picture of Sadaam when he was found by the US, likening it to Keane. To be honest, he wasn't wrong!

I saw that. Was very good. Wad haland himself who tweeted it

That's who it reminds me of .. thanks I can stop worrying about it now & get back to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

BarryD wrote: »
    Then he follows it with some completely inane self promotion story about a model who nobody has probably ever heard of.... that's Newstalk I guess.

That model is getting plenty of mileage from posting a picture of herself looking
    like a starving Biafran. Bones sticking out all over! Iirc, she has already been on
    phone-ins to IrelandAM and Midday. Protesting vehemently that she is a 'normal'
    weight and size. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are they trying to normalise this savagery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are they trying to normalise this savagery?

Was just thinking that. Very strange piece.

Sure, they're nice fellas, usually. (After playing a clip of some animal saying he tries to leave the other lad in need of 15-20 stitches). And there's very little gambling around it.

Grand so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Very little gambling my arse.

They are hardly going to handle large bets at the scene of the fight in case the nice gentlefolk from Revenue, CAB and and the Gardaí happen to turn up accidentally on purpose. Not to mention the possibility of theft from rival families from within their own community.

But you can be damn sure a nice lump of cash changed hands in the days and weeks prior to the fight.

It seemed to be a very one sided fight however, so the betting odds were probably poor in this particular case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Amazingly, gambling is the best justification for these fights.

Otherwise it's two fellas meeting up to try to physically assault each other for the sake of it.

I can't believe this is allowed to happen in Ireland.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I can't believe this is allowed to happen in Ireland.

But it's *tradition*!:rolleyes:. To be honest, if two adults agree willingly to bate the shyte out of each other, let them at it. It's just one step removed from boxing.

At least it doesn't inconvenience the travelling (see what I did there?) public, unlike "traditional" sulky racing on open roads.

But it's *tradition*!:rolleyes:. To be honest, if two adults agree willingly to bate the shyte out of each other, let them at it. It's just one step removed from boxing.

At least it doesn't inconvenience the travelling (see what I did there?) public, unlike "traditional" sulky racing on open roads.

Except for the A & E time spent stitching up these idiots (at no charge to them of course)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shane standing in for PK again. Looks like the Tara Duggan experiment has been deemed a failure and Shane will be first reserve on NT's flagship programmes from here on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shane standing in for PK again. Looks like the Tara Duggan experiment has been deemed a failure and Shane will be first reserve on NT's flagship programmes from here on...

Very surprise they even tried it, she comes across as very light entertainment and would fit in well with Sean's slot but maybe as she reads the news they were trying to reposition her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Calhoun wrote: »
    Very surprise they even tried it, she comes across as very light entertainment and would fit in well with Sean's slot but maybe as she reads the news they were trying to reposition her.

No argument with that but surely there must be someone else on the staff who deserves a go in Pat's chair, if only to save poor Shane from collapsing with exhaustion.:P I've said this before but if NT are going to thrive in the long-term they'll have to find new presenting talent somewhere. George is retiring soon and who knows how long Pat and Ivan will carry on? Without that trio their current affairs roster will look very threadbare indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Oh come on Shane... dont be so patronising... Like the sort of plamás you'd expect from Tubridy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Ahern's father was named Con! that's appropriate

I notice that Pat, like other broadcasters, never ask these spokespeople for the pensions industry how much the financial institutions 'confiscate' from pension pots in setup and admin fees. Or how much of the capital sum, (used to buy an annuity), they end up pocketing when the pensioner dies?
    Most people would be shocked at the answers but the questions are never asked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Only Professor Luke O'Neill could make Ebola sound funny.

Advertisement