Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

do SsangYong not do an electric car Bill?

If only they had a car that could run on hot air. Bill could use it and he'd be able to refuel it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Brendan Ogle is an ass. Water charges is now a socio economic issue and a right to life. I didn't realise there was a penalty of death if you didn't pay. Listening to him waffle, he's a moron.

I was considering going along to the march on Saturday to protest against the manner in which the whole thing has been organised - not against paying for water charges per se.

Brendan Ogle's involvement has completely dissuaded me from doing so however. Another fine protest hijacked by some bearded wonder whose sole contribution over the last 20 years has been to represent civil and public servants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

If Brendan Ogle had his way we,d been living under a red banner, calling each other comrade and living in a "workers paradise" while comrade Ogle leads the proletariat for the glory of the motherland against the bourgeois classes of capitalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭changepartners

I like Pat but as I type he's lecturing Dr. Leo Varadkar on which type of heart surgery is more complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

While that google stuff sounds amazing it also sounds quite intrusive and too big brother. Great article on bbc website where one of the journalists had to go with out anything that could track him electronically. Was nearly impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I was considering going along to the march on Saturday to protest against the manner in which the whole thing has been organised - not against paying for water charges per se.

Brendan Ogle's involvement has completely dissuaded me from doing so however. Another fine protest hijacked by some bearded wonder whose sole contribution over the last 20 years has been to represent civil and public servants.

Could not believe how Pat Kenny was shilling for Irish Water yesterday. It must have
    been very heartening for Denis O'Brien if he happened to have been listening! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Who's this Karen eejit ? She's a bit clueless. Should have sent her to Dundrum.

Things are bad when the most reasonable voice I've heard on this topic all week is Jack O'Connor.
    brooke 2 wrote: »
    Could not believe how Pat Kenny was shilling for Irish Water yesterday. It must have
    been very heartening for Denis O'Brien if he happened to have been listening! :(

Are you of the type that call anyone who disagrees with your stance on this a shill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

they've called the group "Women for the sake of women"..

Who's this Karen eejit ? She's a bit clueless. Should have sent her to Dundrum.

Things are bad when the most reasonable voice I've heard on this topic all week is Jack O'Connor.

Are you of the type that call anyone who disagrees with your stance on this a shill?

Just looking for some balance.
    We know what side you're on!!

Pat wants to charge the people who have free travel now :rolleyes:

It's free Pat. The clue is in the name "Free Travel"

• Advertisement

Bacik seems to use every opportunity to try to win over the Labour followers... Ivana, they are not gonna vote you in, you just need to get used to that idea... If you couldnt get the vote the last time then you never will..

Pat wants to charge the people who have free travel now :rolleyes:

It's free Pat. The clue is in the name "Free Travel"

I would have no problem getting people who have "Free" travel paying if they go beyond a certain distance, say 30 miles, or whatever the nearest big hospital is. Thats the way in the UK. They are free on local services only and pay a reduced rate beyond that.

Jonathan Healy not laying a glove on Phil Hogan, in spite of his smart ar$e, assured tone when asking the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Heard Ivan mention to Chris this morning that he was attending Phils drink party to celebrate his retirement party from the Dail tonight. Still part of the old clique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

brooke 2 wrote: »

And this morning. Pat and the establishment must be really rattled as it looks like there's a full court press by FG & Labour. When was the last time you heard so many ministers on the air outside of an election?

Then Jonathan Healy has Phil Hogan on telling us to shut up and pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think people only hear what they want to hear. He has been quite critical of Irish Water, particularly this morning around the PPS issue.

I would have no problem getting people who have "Free" travel paying if they go beyond a certain distance, say 30 miles, or whatever the nearest big hospital is. Thats the way in the UK. They are free on local services only and pay a reduced rate beyond that.

The buses and trains are still going to run, whether people are on them or not. Better to have them more full than empty, and it's good for a person's mental well-being if they're able to take a trip away from their everyday environs. Pat is becoming more and more of an "I'm alright Jack" figure as he gets older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think people only hear what they want to hear. He has been quite critical of Irish Water, particularly this morning around the PPS issue.

He's just doing a professional job as he has always done, subjecting whoever comes on to rigorous questioning. I have no idea what his own political views are...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The buses and trains are still going to run, whether people are on them or not. Better to have them more full than empty, and it's good for a person's mental well-being if they're able to take a trip away from their everyday environs. Pat is becoming more and more of an "I'm alright Jack" figure as he gets older.

The free travel is another joke ... no photo ID - being abused right, left and centre, just ask anyone in Irish Rail & Bus Eireann.
    People don't seem to realise free travel is no longer just for OAP or disabled ... far as I can see there only a few of us fools paying for tickets. Same fools paying for everything else too :(

Callan57 wrote: »
    The free travel is another joke ... no photo ID - being abused right, left and centre, just ask anyone in Irish Rail & Bus Eireann.
    People don't seem to realise free travel is no longer just for OAP or disabled ... far as I can see there only a few of us fools paying for tickets. Same fools paying for everything else too :(

Photo ID's are now being introduced.

• Advertisement

Photo ID's are now being introduced.

You sure???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You sure???

Yes, being slowly rolled out. And they're not a photo pasted to cardboard like the old "urban" ones were either.

MYOB wrote: »
    Yes, being slowly rolled out. And they're not a photo pasted to cardboard like the old "urban" ones were either.

Ah yes slooooooooooooowly :rolleyes:

Makes a change from yesterday, so, when he was haranguing some of the guests
    on the same issue.

Ah yes slooooooooooooowly :rolleyes:

No, not slowly. Anybody who is now entitled to a Free Travel pass must call into their local bus station office to have their photo taken. It is then copied onto a plastic ID card, and the entitled person can only avail of free travel on production of this photographic ID card.

Old age pensioners are also being issued with similar cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What the hell is Anne Hathaway doing on a mid morning Irish radio talk show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

VinLieger wrote: »

Yeah I mean she's been dead for 400 years, along with her husband Will...

VinLieger wrote: »

Probably came over to meet Colm Wilkinson, not that he knows who she is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone hear Pat talking about the water this morning, you can tell he is not stuck for cash anyway.

Very condescending, having his laugh with the guy off the irish times.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone hear Pat talking about the water this morning, you can tell he is not stuck for cash anyway.

Very condescending, having his laugh with the guy off the irish times.

Still shilling for his boss. Quelle surprise!!

Advertisement