Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Still shilling for his boss. Quelle surprise!!

O'Brien's far too smart to have got himself in a situation where he has any risk in this game - he's getting his cash for the Sierra work no matter what happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

MYOB wrote: »
    O'Brien's far too smart to have got himself in a situation where he has any risk in this game - he's getting his cash for the Sierra work no matter what happens.

It'll be sold to him in a few years. It'll be ran into the ground first so fine Gael can sell it to him for half nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,754 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ivan is a bookmaker, well a failed bookmaker I suppose...

Miaow!

Any chance of a job in Storyful Mark?
    Pretty_please.png

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

That guy sure loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ivan is a bookmaker, well a failed bookmaker I suppose...
    Miaow!

That's the second time he said it this morning - he said it to his (Ivan's) face as well during the Breakfast show preview. A bit unsporting, I thought, to be honest.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    That's the second time he said it this morning - he said it to his (Ivan's) face as well during the Breakfast show preview. A bit unsporting, I thought, to be honest.

The 'banter' between them sometimes me of the handovers on Smashey and Nicey. I presume they're hamming it up a bit...

John Sculley on now, great show today, hoping he lands the Oculus Rift guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Who said that?

Pat called Ivan a failed bookmaker (twice; once to his face and once while talking with Mark Little), in whose bookies 99% of the punters coming through the door would lose, while 1% would make good, trying to use it as an analogy for the success rate of startups. The more I think of it, his entire conceit was unbelievably smug, especially coming from someone who (apparently) still has to work as his pension arrangements didn't work out.

He could easily have made the analogy without driving home the fact that Celtic Bookmakers went to the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

have I been pronouncing cludge wrong this whole time ? everything is a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Pat called Ivan a failed bookmaker (twice; once to his face and once while talking with Mark Little), in whose bookies 99% of the punters coming through the door would lose, while 1% would make good, trying to use it as an analogy for the success rate of startups. The more I think of it, his entire conceit was unbelievably smug, especially coming from someone who (apparently) still has to work as his pension arrangements didn't work out.

He could easily have made the analogy without driving home the fact that Celtic Bookmakers went to the wall.

There seems to be an almost manic air of desperation about Pat in recent times.
    Is he under stress, I wonder? Does the same fate await him as has befallen Gay
    Byrne???

• Advertisement

Another (minor) pop culture slip by Pat there, pronouncing Westeros 'WesTEEros'. Bet he's never watched an episode of Game of Thrones in his life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Another (minor) pop culture slip by Pat there, pronouncing Westeros 'WesTEEros'. Bet he's never watched an episode of Game of Thrones in his life...

There's tits in it.............. so I bet he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Had Sean O'Rourke on RTE and along came Mary O'Rourke - time for a change says I. So I switched the dial to Pat Kenny and what do I get, regular thinly veiled advertorial material. Lord, how Pat has changed. Hit the off switch.

Is there any quality radio out there now in the mid morning slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BarryD wrote: »
    Had Sean O'Rourke on RTE and along came Mary O'Rourke - time for a change says I. So I switched the dial to Pat Kenny and what do I get, regular thinly veiled advertorial material. Lord, how Pat has changed. Hit the off switch.

Is there any quality radio out there now in the mid morning slot?

The SO'R segment (despite the presence of Mammy) is actually good fun.

Was - it's just over. So you're safe to switch back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The SO'R segment (despite the presence of Mammy) is actually good fun.

Was - it's just over. So you're safe to switch back ;)

I'll take your word for it - I've just heard too much of Mary O'Rourke to put up with it. Leaving aside difficulties of recent years, when I hear Mary, I always think of Telecom Eireann and the great wee sale she made. Encouraged all up and down the country to invest in this 'safe' bet, following which most of the ordinary punters made a distinct loss. But no one seems bothered to ask her about it now much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Feed is absolutely all over the place this morning - is it just me?? It's skipping backwards every 5/6 minutes. Driven into the hands of SOR :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Today FM and more recently, Newstalk's live online service has gone to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,303 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lapin wrote: »

The live stream on today fm just decides to go back hours at random points. It's a mess.

The bunny rabbit on the panel again. Anyone would think he was struggling to fill his days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

That Liam Doran is an awful dose.. Very hard to listen to him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Rabbit over-pronounciating his pronouncements a usual....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Feed is absolutely all over the place this morning - is it just me?? It's skipping backwards every 5/6 minutes. Driven into the hands of SOR :(
    Lapin wrote: »

Couldn't get Off the Ball last night, nothing this morning and when I switched to Today FM it was a stuttering mess. So one extra listener for Morning Ireland.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The live stream on today fm just decides to go back hours at random points. It's a mess.

thanks for clearing that up - thought it was my device ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does Pat do a trawl of the previous Friday's Late Late Show guests to interview on a Monday morning? Today's programme felt like deja vu all over again.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Is there any proper podcast service for his show or is one forced to listen to the whole show via the listen back function

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Does Pat do a trawl of the previous Friday's Late Late Show guests to interview on a Monday morning? Today's programme felt like deja vu all over again.....

Almost word for word from G.Norton,just like a well prepared mantra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"Wow, what an unmitigated mess of a sound you have.. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

"Wow, what an unmitigated mess of a sound you have.. "

I believe they're a fantastic band to hear/see live - but they surely did themselves no favours with that segment on the radio today :eek:

Oddly enough, I'm listening to the segment on George Boole while wrestling with SQL Server to squeeze out the exact set of data I want (with intersect and union statements liberally peppered throughout my SQL statements!). Gwaan George!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oddly enough, I'm listening to the segment on George Boole while wrestling with SQL Server to squeeze out the exact set of data I want (with intersect and union statements liberally peppered throughout my SQL statements!). Gwaan George!

George would be disgusted, think of the overhead you're bringing in with all your unions.

Advertisement