Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ThisRegard wrote: »
    George would be disgusted, think of the overhead you're bringing in with all your unions.

Meh, my query returns in less than 1 second (and the server is running on my local PC so I'm only inconveniencing myself :)). It's the making sense of and sifting though sh1te data that he'd be more upset by!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I wonder does Sean O'Rourke co-ordinate his holliers with Pat???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

God this show is packed with pre-recorded filler material these days. A 25min segment on some posh lad selling flip flops as the second segment on a "news" show...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

touts wrote: »
    God this show is packed with pre-recorded filler material these days. A 25min segment on some posh lad selling flip flops as the second segment on a "news" show...

Its still better than listening to Fianna fail apologist Shane Coleman. I just can't listen to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Eamon Ryan...he's turning into Mary O'Rourke, a has been with lots of opinions and no power and even less credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Eamon Ryan...he's turning into Mary O'Rourke, a has been with lots of opinions and no power and even less credibility.

Unfortunately that seems to be true. Will the Greens day ever come again? They made a bad decision taking on a coalition with Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

BarryD wrote: »
    Unfortunately that seems to be true. Will the Greens day ever come again? They made a bad decision taking on a coalition with Fianna Fail.

was the leader at the time not totally against a coalition but the grass roots supporters got to have their say and forced the elected greens into the coalition?

neris wrote: »
    was the leader at the time not totally against a coalition but the grass roots supporters got to have their say and forced the elected greens into the coalition?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/green-party-members-to-vote-on-coalition-314796.html

I recall there were plenty of grass roots supporters who were hostile to the idea. Remember Trevor Sargeant was only one figure, John Gormley and Eamon Ryan were big influences as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

neris wrote: »

Trevor Sargent had snookered himself before the election by promising not to go into coalition with ff. He was very much in favour of the Greens going into government when the numbers subsquently stacked up, but felt he had to resign as leader because of that promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

More like the Holy Spirit ... he's everywhere :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Fascinating item about a "False Tan" entrepreneur on at the moment :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Robert2012 wrote: »
    Fascinating item about a "False Tan" entrepreneur on at the moment :rolleyes:

Yep, zzzzzzzzzzz:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Could they not get a few objective people in for the panel for once, instead of the usual PR snakes and lobbyists..

Could they not get a few objective people in for the panel for once, instead of the usual PR snakes and lobbyists..

Not when there saying what Denis o Brien wants to hear!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Missed it this morning.

Who else was on it?

I use the word 'else' because I'm assuming Terry (If I may say so) Prone was one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Lapin wrote: »
    Missed it this morning.

Who else was on it?

I use the word 'else' because I'm assuming Terry (If I may say so) Prone was one of them.

Of course she was,, probably has her own parking space outside at this stage.

Una Claffey and the head of the nurses union were the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

I didn't realise Stephen Roche had become a monk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Veering wildly into conspiracy stuff here on the whole DOB angle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That middle class warrior is sounding off like a paranoid little Stalin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Whatever you think about Joe Higgins, he certainly wouldn't be completely trampled like Paul Murphy has been in this interview. He's just out of his depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I can't wait until Murphy gets into government..........everything free.......what's not to like?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Those two representatives of the "working class". If they were really "working class" wouldn't they be at work today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

They could have taken a day off not a big deal , better than the moaning group scheme or well crowd,

I wouldn't be so readily pointing out your privileged enough to live in a one off dwelling in the country .

touts wrote: »
    Those two representatives of the "working class". If they were really "working class" wouldn't they be at work today?

What I don't really get about some of the 'anti water charges' people, is that a good few, like this woman in Arklow and yer man earlier on RTE from Carraroe are from regions where serious money needs to be spent to fix their water and sewage. They should be delighted that money is to be raised to fix their problems or do they just want to complain about the water & sewage. Puzzled.

The others like Paul Murphy & Ruth Coppinger I understand - they just don't want to pay for anything. Hurry up the revolution etc. That's fair enough, very clear and easy to grasp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Just listening to the Paul Murphy interview.

Pat demolished him entirely. Yer man just reeled off his populist bullet points and Pat roundly discredited each and every one of them in order. Murphy is as ill informed as every other anti-water protestor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Is this Veganism or OCD?

http://www.newstalk.com/player/shows/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/71657/is_it_time_for_antiwater_charge_protesters_to_pay_up

Should be compulsory listening for every person marching today.

One of the few media interviews I've heard that actually asks the hard questions. And about time, as the water charges movement was facilitated by the media in it's early days - a soft newsy 'boost the ratings' approach that allowed a wave of indignation to rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

BarryD wrote: »
    http://www.newstalk.com/player/shows/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/71657/is_it_time_for_antiwater_charge_protesters_to_pay_up

Should be compulsory listening for every person marching today.
    water charges movement One of the few media interviews I've heard that actually asks the hard questions. And about time, as the was facilitated by the media in it's early days - a soft newsy 'boost the ratings' approach that allowed a wave of indignation to rise.

Well, thanks to that water charges movement I'm going to be paying a lot less in water charges over the next 4 years than I otherwise would have...so viva la revolution!

I heard the Paul Murphy interview last night. While I wouldn't necessarily agree him, I don't think he did that badly really. There was a fair few holes in Pat's arguments too. It's a pity Pat isn't so strident with the people who are actually in power, the ones who made such a pig's ear of setting up Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Just listening to the Paul Murphy interview.

Pat demolished him entirely. Yer man just reeled off his populist bullet points and Pat roundly discredited each and every one of them in order. Murphy is as ill informed as every other anti-water protestor.

Just got round to listening to the interview now - Pat showed Murphy up for the sloganising waffled he is. He clearly hasn't thought out his position at all.

• Advertisement

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Well, thanks to that water charges movement I'm going to be paying a lot less in water charges over the next 4 years than I otherwise would have...so viva la revolution!

I heard the Paul Murphy interview last night. WWhile I wouldn't necessarily agree him, I don't think he did that badly really. There was a fair few holes in Pat's arguments too. It's a pity Pat isn't so strident with the people who are actually in power, the ones who made such a pig's ear of setting up Irish Water.

Or he's best mate Bertie, who bankrupt a nation!

Pat only wants to talk GAA with that gangster!

Advertisement